atmosphere in here is too negative | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

atmosphere in here is too negative

Yup, 31 here, same boat. It’s doubly painful being born and raised in Tampa and despite their generally incompetent organization, they’ve managed to deliver 2 Super Bowls in my lifetime already c
Yeah I've been a fan forever. I used to go to the teaining camps when I lived Hollywood. I'm getting to the point where I'm just tired of the way this team has been handled.

Id say closet to 30-40 honestly. It was just a slow transition. Either way we're rapidly getting to the point where a majority of the fanbase knows nothing but embarasment and that rich history stops mattering.

I disagree. There is a large disparity between a team that is genuinely putrid and one that simply can't get over the hump to win a championship.

Playoff appearances in: 90, 92, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 00

Playoff wins in: 90, 92, 94, 98, 99, 00

Since then: just TWO playoff appearances, both blowout losses in the first round. There's a massive disparity between going to the playoffs 8 out of 11 years (with six wins) and going to the playoffs in 2 out of 20 years, with ZERO wins.

The Dolphins in Shula's last years and during the JJ era, were not a championship caliber team, but they were a GOOD team.

You can't call the fans reactions negative when this team has won ONE playoff game this century

I'm going to depress you, but that game was played on December 30th, 2000. The century and millennium started on January 1st, 2001.

The Miami Dolphins have not won a playoff game in the 21st century.

I'm going to depress you, but that game was played on December 30th, 2000. The century and millennium started on January 1st, 2001.

The Miami Dolphins have not won a playoff game in the 21st century.
so even worse than I thought but at least we'll get a high pick in the draft with our record.....oh wait, we don't own our first round pick either

I disagree. There is a large disparity between a team that is genuinely putrid and one that simply can't get over the hump to win a championship.

Since then: just TWO playoff appearances, both blowout losses in the first round. There's a massive disparity between going to the playoffs 8 out of 11 years (with six wins) and going to the playoffs in 2 out of 20 years, with ZERO wins.

The Dolphins in Shula's last years and during the JJ era, were not a championship caliber team, but they were a GOOD team.
Yah I think it’s a bit of splitting hairs. They didn’t suck in the late 90s, but that’s why I was saying it was kind of a slow transition to sucking. Like even in 2000, yah they won a playoff game, then proceeded to get shut out the next game. And we all know what happened the year before in the playoffs.

exactly. Shula lost his edge. couldn't figure out marino needed a running game and a half way decent defense. Elway won his super bowl when? when he got Terrell Davis We hired JJ wouldn't let him build team the way he wanted. Wanstedt great defense zero offense since then absolute trash and passing up numerous QBs who went on to be all pro.... The first thing they need to overhaul is the scouting dept. Austin Jackson trash Noah over Swift on and on. Waddle is going to be good but Sewell was the pick. How can you justify 15 years of OLINE trash. its ridiculous

Yah I think it’s a bit of splitting hairs. They didn’t suck in the late 90s, but that’s why I was saying it was kind of a slow transition to sucking. Like even in 2000, yah they won a playoff game, then proceeded to get shut out the next game. And we all know what happened the year before in the playoffs.

They beat a very good Seahawks team in the wild card round?

exactly. Shula lost his edge. couldn't figure out marino needed a running game and a half way decent defense. Elway won his super bowl when? when he got Terrell Davis We hired JJ wouldn't let him build team the way he wanted. Wanstedt great defense zero offense since then absolute trash and passing up numerous QBs who went on to be all pro.... The first thing they need to overhaul is the scouting dept. Austin Jackson trash Noah over Swift on and on. Waddle is going to be good but Sewell was the pick. How can you justify 15 years of OLINE trash. its ridiculous

I think what sunk Jimmy Johnson was Dan Marino's ailing health. Just ten years difference in sports medicine allowed Peyton Manning to play for a few years without a spine, whereas Marino basically had his career ended by something much less severe.

They could have beaten a team coached by Jesus Christ and it wouldn’t have made up for what happened the following week. That doesn’t happen to a good team.

How many turnovers did Miami have in the first half of that game? I want to say four? And a blocked punt? There were two interceptions and a couple of fumbles back to back, I remember that clearly. Marino's body gave out and the RBs decided to join the party by coughing up the football.

Sometimes **** happens.

How many turnovers did Miami have in the first half of that game? I want to say four? And a blocked punt? There were two interceptions and a couple of fumbles back to back, I remember that clearly. Marino's body gave out and the RBs decided to join the party by coughing up the football.

Sometimes **** happens.
I mean we can go back with a fine tooth comb and do that with any games. A good team doesn’t get embarrassed by 50 pts in a playoff game, I just can’t accept that.

Yup, 31 here, same boat. It’s doubly painful being born and raised in Tampa and despite their generally incompetent organization, they’ve managed to deliver 2 Super Bowls in my lifetime already c
32 and live in Maine. Doesn’t get much worse when it comes to football.

32 and live in Maine. Doesn’t get much worse when it comes to football.
Yah I’m not sure which is worse lol.

Living in Patriot country is an in your face constant burn, but theres also something to be said about choosing another team than your hometown team only to watch your hometown team deliver two championships while your choice is a floundering mess your whole life.

Back
Top Bottom