atmosphere in here is too negative | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

atmosphere in here is too negative

Where’s the line here?

I’ve read these forums pretty much every single day of my life for 15 years or so. I don’t post much. Partly because I don’t have the time and in all honesty partly because this place can be a little intimidating.

Over those 15 years I’ve been almost exclusively positive and interacted with positive users. People that come here and whine about individual players or plays or play calls as a reaction really annoy me and don’t aid the flow of information and useful subjective opinion. I completely agree there should be a limit on who is able to start threads. I’ve been a member here 15 years but in all honesty I don’t think I’ve earned the right to start them.

Over the last three weeks however I’ve found it really tough to be positive. I think that’s disappointment fatigue. I really thought this rebuild was going to be different and I really fear it’s going to be dreadful.

I’d like to think I’ve added some articulate and well reasoned thoughts to some of those debates rather than just lashing out with frustration. Although those thoughts have been largely negative this season, I still think they’re worth sharing. Good or bad, I’ll give a passionate opinion about what’s going on with this team.

I can’t ‘take a break’ from this team… I love it. I can’t help it but I do. I’m invested and committed to it. I have a Marino jersey tattooed to my leg for goodness sake. I look forward to every season, to every game. I don’t expect wins or a super bowl, no matter how much I’d love one, but the almost constant purgatorial state of this team and the farcical inability to field an offensive line that’ll enable a talented QB to succeed across two generations of QBs is not something I can just stand by and shrug off.

So where’s the line here? Because I’ve definitely fueled the negative fire recently but wouldn’t consider myself a negative person. Just honest, reasoned and passionate. I’ll never lose faith or optimism. Watching this team win is like a life goal that I have no control over. And I know that WHEN this team does win it will be all the more sweet for having endured the decades of futility.

So am I welcome here to give those views, even if they’re negative whilst the team deserves criticism? Or should I find somewhere else to post?
This is an excellent post.

It touches on exactly why its gone so negative around here.

The team really had alot of us excited. Excited the rebuild was on track because of the record in 2020. But when you actually watch whats going on, on the field, its pretty easy to see that that rebuild is not going well at all.

Alot of is waited patiently the last couple years because we knew the rebuilding was a process and its not gonna happen over night. But everyone has limits. The team is still majorly flawed in the exact same fashion it was before the rebuild started. Can't Block, Can't Coach, Can't keep QBs healthy, Can't Run the ball, Can't stop the run, getting blown out by the division leader.

Its felt like weve been dupped and it actually hurts that it hasn't gone our way.

I'm sure, like myself, many of these posters would LOVE to be positive but there is just way to many negatives on the other side of the scale to want to talk about how good X is playing or the fact that Holland might be an all-star one day.

Sure those are a couple good things but overall this team is flawed much like teams of the past and its easy to see were not really contenders and maybe we have a shot at the playoffs but thats the limit.

Its depressing, the Dolphins have hurt us, hence all the negativity.

A couple big wins would do wonders and the fire everyone posters will lose all the air in their balloons

orlando magic oops GIF by NBA

A couple big wins would do wonders and the fire everyone posters will lose all the air in their balloons

orlando magic oops GIF by NBA
Dude if we could just fix the oline my view of this team would change instantly, but we've been a bottom 3 Oline for a decade.

Its kinda doubtful you have to agree that this gets fixed soon.

Dude if we could just fix the oline my view of this team would change instantly, but we've been a bottom 3 Oline for a decade.

Its kinda doubtful you have to agree that this gets fixed soon.

There are problems I agree and they need to get fixed just we are only 3 games into the season so fire everybody is a little overreactive at this point.
Not saying you but others post that in every thread.
I say get behind the team and at the end of the season if the problems haven't been correct then we can talk about who needs to go.
Doing that after 3 games when one was a big win in New England and another could have gone either way (bogus no call on the PI) seems crazy talk to me

There are problems I agree and they need to get fixed just we are only 3 games into the season so fire everybody is a little overreactive at this point.
Not saying you but others post that in every thread.
I say get behind the team and at the end of the season if the problems haven't been correct then we can talk about who needs to go.
Doing that after 3 games when one was a big win in New England and another could have gone either way (bogus no call on the PI) seems crazy talk to me
I think Grier and the offensive line coach deserve to be fired. Im on the fence about Flores. I still don't mind Tua as the QB (if this is his last injury of the year, if he gets hurt again ill be ready to move on just bc of his durability)

But I get what your saying, it is early but the Oline problems arnt going away i fear.

I think Grier and the offensive line coach deserve to be fired. Im on the fence about Flores. I still don't mind Tua as the QB (if this is his last injury of the year, if he gets hurt again ill be ready to move on just bc of his durability)

But I get what your saying, it is early but the Oline problems arnt going away i fear.
Unless Flores loses the team, I think he deserves year four, but if he were to decide that he needed to change coordinators and line coaches yet again, then maybe it would be better to just start fresh at head coach too.

I get the feeling watching this team that there‘s something that’s just off about them. Sure, there are the easily identifixable some issues, but there seems like there’s something else that I can‘t put my finger on that irks me.

Edit: I was trying to type identifiable, but somehow auto correct came up with identifixable and I’m leaving it. That is now my new word.

The team has been negative for many years. The mood of seasoned fans is called realism
Thank *od I'm not a "seasoned fan"; just old enough, wise enough and smart enough to identify "Lemmings" by their attempts at intellectuality. That's where the "Lemmings" fail miserably.

As I said before, ENOUGH is ENOUGH is ENOUGH! - LOL

Last edited:
people shouldnt fool themselves.Grier sucks big time and has had HUGH draft ammo and FA ammo and hasnt done ****.As a matter of fact he is the worst GM in the NFL imo.We suck and its easy to see.

why would it be positive?there atm is nothing positive besides our 24ish game turnover streak

Maybe ...and I get your point.... but At the end of the day I would rather have them rant on here to air themselves out than punch their dog or wife or whatever or shoot somebody in the street in a fit of rage.

I do believe most people on here are not trolls, they're just passionate about the team and just want to win. I am willing to bet that in person most of these people are great people, but on here they seem a little crazy with the rants, but again it's only because they are airing themselves out. As long as it's within the TOS I don't see the issue.

You just have to be able to spot people that are just airing themselves out from people that want to start arguments for just the sake of arguing. I totally understand if you want to talk someone off the ledge with facts, but if you just want to argue and throw more fire on the flame then you become part of the problem. Just think before you post something against someone that may just have needed to get something off their chest.

" Just think before you post something against someone that may just have needed to get something off their chest.".

I always do; that's why so many of my "short" responses are so cutting.

It is my attempt to mix a "little" humor with a "lot" of truth because " the truth will set them free" of their inner demons, potentially leaving them "wiser" for what may have been an over "emotional" outburst.

See, I'm such a homer I feel there may be some hope for our "Lemmings". - LOL

I care because I try to understand those who have views extremely different from my own. Potentially I might learn something new. I care because I hope to find some point of common ground and hopefully then expand from there. I care because I have followed the board for many years, joined only a few years ago, but have experienced a decrease of enjoyment because of extreme negativity. I hope you understand. Phins Up.
I am not sure you understand the context here. You asked me why I continue to follow the Fins. I said to you, "why do you care" why I follow the Fins? Nothing in your answer above gives me any clue as to why it matters to you which team I am a fan of, and why I continue to be a fan of the team. Its not personal. Just explaining my point to you.

I am not sure you understand the context here. You asked me why I continue to follow the Fins. I said to you, "why do you care" why I follow the Fins? Nothing in your answer above gives me any clue as to why it matters to you which team I am a fan of, and why I continue to be a fan of the team. Its not personal. Just explaining my point to you.

I feel he understood your context perfectly!

You can't "mealy" word your way around it, though you certainly did try - LOL

Back
Top Bottom