Austin Jackson in Great Shape | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson in Great Shape

If Jackson does have a good season it will be interesting to see how negotiation go. Do the Dolphins offer him a new deal. If the do, how much $$$ would make sense? If you're Jackson do you try to take an offer based on one good season worth of work or gamble that you can put together consecutive good season and try for a bigger long term deal in 2025?
Any good agent would want a top 5 market deal for a RT. Since we didn’t pick up his 5th year option we don’t really have much bargaining power.

Tag MIGHT make the most sense, depending on who else is available in FA.

Both Cowboys OT’s, not much else.

I expect Jack Conklin to join the group of free agents.

Given Cleveland’s cap situation and their selection of Dawand Jones, I’d be shocked if they kept him past this year. They are in a massive cap hole next year. If they’re struggling by the trade deadline I could see him being up for trade, as well as a bunch of other players on that offense, including both OGs.

Last edited:
Kid is going to silence the doubters.

Laugh at me all you want, but the little bit of film he put on tape last season was much improved.
I agree. Most of his issues have been coaching and bad coaching decisions.

You think he’s being re-signed?

I think at the very least, it’s a conversation.

It was stated at multiple points under Flores that he did specifically what he was told to do. What he was told to do was occupy multiple blockers and anchor on D. He did that VERY well.

I have had this argument repeatedly with a very specific Alabama homer who did draft reports. Said person did not like Davis because he didn’t make plays in the backfield. Again, that’s not what he was asked to do. If you look at film from those couple years, I think it backs that up.

I don’t think Boyer had ANY idea what to do with him. I think this year will be interesting.

It would surprise me if you DIDN’T hear Davis’s name a lot in camp. We’ll see.

I think at the very least, it’s a conversation.

It was stated at multiple points under Flores that he did specifically what he was told to do. What he was told to do was occupy multiple blockers and anchor on D. He did that VERY well.

I have had this argument repeatedly with a very specific Alabama homer who did draft reports. Said person did not like Davis because he didn’t make plays in the backfield. Again, that’s not what he was asked to do. If you look at film from those couple years, I think it backs that up.

I don’t think Boyer had ANY idea what to do with him. I think this year will be interesting.

It would surprise me if you DIDN’T hear Davis’s name a lot in camp. We’ll see.

I know what his job is, you just can’t pay someone big coin to do that job when your $40M in the hole already.

Wilkins and Seiler will get my money long before Raekwon Davis does.

Trust me I’ll remind you in March.

I know what his job is, you just can’t pay someone big coin to do that job when your $40M in the hole already.

Wilkins and Seiler will get my money long before Raekwon Davis does.

Trust me I’ll remind you in March.

I am in no way denigrating Wilkins or Seiler.

But I’ll be right here waiting.

Great take no doubt, but hate to be hamstringed by a guy who puts his best season together in a contract year. So hard to trust that. Assuming he has a nice season for us, would you sign him long term?
Oh that doesn't sound familiar at all....

If Jackson does have a good season it will be interesting to see how negotiation go. Do the Dolphins offer him a new deal. If the do, how much $$$ would make sense? If you're Jackson do you try to take an offer based on one good season worth of work or gamble that you can put together consecutive good season and try for a bigger long term deal in 2025?
It's fine to give him money, go out and earn it. It's the guaranteed money that becomes an issue.

I’m very bullish on AJ this year. When you put in the work to transform your body that much, it shows dedication and drive. You have to actually want something bad like that, it doesn’t just happen. He’s motivated.

I know he’s been subpar and the expectations of a 1st round pick weren’t met, but the guy was barely old enough to buy a beer. He’s got plenty physical talent and the motivation seems to be intact. We just need health now.

I think donating bone marrow to his sister is part of this. I understand that even for the one donating this is an extremely painful and draining process - probably worse for the recipient but still very taxing….he might become a player yet!

Finally figured out he has to be in shape to start in this league after 3 years. I hope his surgery was positive for long term play.

Back
Top Bottom