Austin Jackson in Great Shape | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson in Great Shape

I know what his job is, you just can’t pay someone big coin to do that job when your $40M in the hole already.

Wilkins and Seiler will get my money long before Raekwon Davis does.

Trust me I’ll remind you in March.
For this reason I was hoping we'd draft a DT with one of those late picks

Not interested in paying Davis a whole lot either really

F*** maybe Jackson will be okay. Love to see this.

And I've HATED Jackson, but you can see he's worked his ass off.

I don’t care if he comes in looking like the terminator. So far, he’s sucked royal arse on the field. Please play like 3x as good as normal and we’ll be very happy

I know what his job is, you just can’t pay someone big coin to do that job when your $40M in the hole already.

Wilkins and Seiler will get my money long before Raekwon Davis does.

Trust me I’ll remind you in March.
Davis simply isn’t that good. He’s easily replaceable and we shouldn’t resign him. Not an impact player

He needs to come good pretty well, Tua future hinges on strong right tackle play.
Talk is cheap, Wynn is here to make him earn that spot.
Eichenberg is same I hope Dan feeney makes him earn a starting spot.

Last edited:
Looks at this side by side of AJ. Looks like the kid finally getting his head right. Oh wait it’s also a contract year. Coincidence? Personally I hate players like this because I don’t trust this type of dedication. Hope he has an amazing season for our sake, but I don’t want to resign him. Rather the comp pick. Tag could be an option, but def would not do something long term.

forget about comp picks.......we never get any cause we always bring in more players than what we loose.

What would you do? Go long term or would you tag him?
How can someone answer that before he plays this season? Or knowing what the cost would be?

Too many specifics to make blanket statements at this point, IMO.

He is only 23 years old. Going into his prime. This is when he is supposed to be his best. Hunt was 22 or 23 coming in his rookie year. Jackson was drafted to grow into top form 2-3 years down the road. Last season he was set back with an injury. It wouldn’t make sense to move on if he puts it all together now. IMO
The Dolphins were in desperate need for a LT… didn’t move up, and had to take the 5th best tackle in the draft. Typical Grier. 4 wasted years. Didn’t help that Flo fires the OLine coach prior to players in pads. I don’t care if he looks like Adonis (look it up…😁). I expect average at best. We all hope for bettter.

How can someone answer that before he plays this season? Or knowing what the cost would be?

Too many specifics to make blanket statements at this point,
Given his change in body and the shape he’s in, let’s project that forward and say he has a great season and plays like a top 5 RT. Would you pay him market value at that price?

He can be in the greatest shape ever, his technique is still awful. Until I see a change in that, I don’t have much hope in him. Just praying he can muster up a serviceable year, so Tua doesn’t get killed.

Great take no doubt, but hate to be hamstringed by a guy who puts his best season together in a contract year. So hard to trust that. Assuming he has a nice season for us, would you sign him long term?

Word last year was that Jackson was looking really good before he got hurt.

I'm thinking it will fall on the coaching to figure out if the dedication was put in after Flores and his great coaching on offense were gone, or if it actually started this year. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom