Back to reality: Lemon not the answer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back to reality: Lemon not the answer

Cut by Ravens in 2002... where Jeff Blake, Chris Redman and Wes Tate beat him out..

Regan21286 said:
Effectively, it was AJ for a 6th round conditional pick. Lemon's just the wild card in the trade.

No.. THEY got OUR 6th Round pick.. So effectively it was AJ and 6th for s CITRUS FRUIT.

Regan21286 said:
Effectively, it was AJ for a 6th round conditional pick. Lemon's just the wild card in the trade.

everywhere im reading.. they are saying fins gave the 7th round pick to SD

so its like giving 2 7th round picks for Lemon...

i hope tomorrow this is more clear...

if we get a draft pick..im ok with the deal

Regan21286 said:
There's no way Lemon is the answer to our QB woes unless he magically turns into Tom Brady. I'd like to see the Fins get Rivers. Or maybe draft an underrated QB like Drew Olson, Marcus Vick, etc...
If we draft Vick, I will kill myself....he is more over-rated than his brother(is that actually possible??) HE SUCKS!!!!

Eric-Honduras said:
everywhere im reading.. they are saying fins gave the 7th round pick to SD

so its like giving 2 7th round picks for Lemon...

i hope tomorrow this is more clear...

if we get a draft pick..im ok with the deal

I don't think Mueller or Saban are stupid enough to fork over a draft pick for another 3rd stringer. If they did. That's not good. We give up Feeley (who we gave up a 2nd rounder for) AND a pick for a QB who's never even played a game yet.

Finshizzle said:
We are in deep [edit] at the QB position, what are we going to do next year? Do you guys think Lemon is the answer? Sage sure isn't, are there any quality free agents out there next year? how about the draft, will we pick a QB? So many questions!!!! So little answers!!!!

Mod Edit: Please go back and read the TOS regarding circunventing the profanity filter.

We got him for the Bolts playbook - nothing more, nothing less. We play them later in the season. And before you say that the Bolts have our offense down with the acquisition of AJ Feeley - remember, he didn't ever learn our offense.:D

isnt Adrian McPherson cut? or on saints pratice squad... we didnt we sign him and save a draft pick...

Lemon may not be the answer but he showed me more in the preseason than the various comparisons being brought up like Berlin or Lucas. And he showed so much more than AJ it was laughable. We traded a 6th rounder for a QB with potential. AJ was a throw in. I wouldn't be surprised if AJ's cut next season. No matter what our QB situation is improved.

Maynard said:
lemon isnt supposed to be the answer. if he becomes a good player, thats a bonus

Thank you, someone finally gets it..

Feeley was going to be NOTHING HERE... they would have never let him see the field.. This kid COULD develop into something, if not a starter then at LEAST a back up

Saban didnt acquire Lemon to be the answer for our QB posistion, it was a good move to get rid of someone we have no use for to possibly add someone we COULD have use for.. its not a bad trade at all..

And a 6th rounder, who cares, 6th & 7th round picks arent too far off from what you could be able to find out of the UFA

This kind of sums up how i felt about aj

"I kind of feel bad for A.J. Feeley," Dolphins fullback Heath Evans said. "Not that A.J. didn't get a fair shake, (but) it wasn't an even shot just because of the experience Gus had on him in this particular offense. It was a tough deal for A.J., but I think he'll do well. He's got a great arm and he's extremely smart. He can play in this league."

Yeah come on guys... This guy is going to be a star in this league. Flat out... lets stop getting these lames that will never produce for us. If we want to win a superbowl we need to draft a kid in next years draft.

Maynard said:
lemon isnt supposed to be the answer. if he becomes a good player, thats a bonus

Thank you!!! I know in my heart that Lemon can hold a clipboard every bit as well as Feeley could.

I dont care too much for this deal. At first, when it was reported that we got Lemon and SD's 7th round pick for Feeley, I was cool with it. Now though, when it has become clear that we are giving the Chargers Feeley and OUR 6th round pick for an UDFA that couldnt get above 3rd string anywhere he has played...well, thats just plain dumb. We traded a 3rd stringer for a 3rd stringer. We basically just gave SD our 6th round pick out of the goodness or our hearts.

Cleo Lemon

Hey Dolphin fans, wanted to give you a take on Lemon from a fan from his former team.

Lemon looked good at times in preseason, but it was against 2nd and third string defenses playing vanilla schemes, and you know how that goes. I would not expect him to do much for you right away. He is a diamond in the rough, and could be good if you let him develop and don't throw him to the wolves. A lot of Bolt fans were bummed to see him go.

Good luck against the Chiefs this week!

ChargerChris

Back
Top Bottom