Back to reality: Lemon not the answer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back to reality: Lemon not the answer

How can any 'fan' know MORE then coaches and personnel directors and scouts? Obviously SD liked him, Miami wanted him back then as well and now Saban got him because Mueller saw something.

But again, I guess the fans here know much more and we should all just fire the entire FO because they are incapable of doing their jobs as good as some fans can??

Back to reality- YOU KNOW NOTHING.

LarryFinFan said:
Keep in mind that Meuller is known as a GM who seems to find decent QBs from scrap heaps. Brooks and Delhomme are a couple that he has signed before they were anything. When we get into next offseason, with add'l cap space, we can look harder at who's available....but if you want some names that are off the top of my head that might be available...QUOTE]

Mueller has never found a decent QB from the scrap heap. Delhomme was in NO for 2 years before Mueller got there. He traded a 3rd round pick for Brooks (who was a 4th the year before), who was a 3rd stringer in GB (sounds an awful lot like the original Feeley trade). Brooks is an average QB, but no better than that.

Maynard said:
lemon isnt supposed to be the answer. if he becomes a good player, thats a bonus

Exaactly, and we save alot of money (3.5 mil) next year by shipping AJ Feelme.

Fineas said:
LarryFinFan said:
Keep in mind that Meuller is known as a GM who seems to find decent QBs from scrap heaps. Brooks and Delhomme are a couple that he has signed before they were anything. When we get into next offseason, with add'l cap space, we can look harder at who's available....but if you want some names that are off the top of my head that might be available...QUOTE]

Mueller has never found a decent QB from the scrap heap. Delhomme was in NO for 2 years before Mueller got there. He traded a 3rd round pick for Brooks (who was a 4th the year before), who was a 3rd stringer in GB (sounds an awful lot like the original Feeley trade). Brooks is an average QB, but no better than that.

Forget Bulger?

And his bonus pro-rata which woulda been dead cap.

eddie4fins said:
Exaactly, and we save alot of money (3.5 mil) next year by shipping AJ Feelme.

And we got a replacement 3rd stringer. I've seen the suggestions we coulda had Davey and others' currently service "fries with that" but there's probably a reason they're not on anyone's roster.

lemon isnt supposed to be the answer. if he becomes a good player, thats a bonus
Exactly. Do u really think San Diego would trade a QB that was actually really good for AJ Feeley and a 6th rd pick?

If he was gunna be our "savior", why would he be traded in the first place? Especially for Feeley? :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

Lemon could be the next Tom Brady? Who would of thought 4 years ago that BRady would win 3 super bowls. I am interested in any young prospect.

SpurzN703 said:
Exactly. Do u really think San Diego would trade a QB that was actually really good for AJ Feeley and a 6th rd pick?

If he was gunna be our "savior", why would he be traded in the first place? Especially for Feeley? :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

Well, they did have a Pro Bowl QB and a Top 5 pick in front of him.. You arent gonna get much for a guy who no one has seen play and was a UFA so I think they took what they could get right now for him..

I am hoping that he DOES turn into something but hey, if he doesnt.. at least we didnt send them a 2nd round pick :rofl3:

the trade was cleo lemon for a 6th rd pick....aj was the throw in

SpurzN703 said:

Because they lose a guy they won't be using and gain a pick. I think it is good for SD. If I were them I would keep both their top QBs and go with a smuck as a third. It is quesitonable for us, IMO, unitl I actually understand the situation better.

Just because he was undrafted and hasnt played a snap in the regular season doesnt mean he cant be the future. Its happened before, and it can happen again
Kurt warner was an undrafted nobody, Jon Kitna was the same and he did pretty well for a few years, same with Aaron Brooks

he has all the tools and has been learning against nfl players and coaches for 3 years

Cleo Lemon is an unheard of 3rd string QB who we traded for solely so to clear cap room by letting Feeley go. I highly doubt he's the answer to any other question than "who will be cut this training camp" come 2006.

Lemon is strickly a guy that could be groomed into our system and if it doesn't work out we don't loose much. It doesn't hurt having a young talent in your system regardless of the outcome. If he doesn't work out thats fine, we don't loose much. but if he turns into something (even a reliable backup) it is clearly worth a 6th and he seems to have potential to groom in our system.

Back
Top Bottom