Back to reality: Lemon not the answer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back to reality: Lemon not the answer

we now have to preseason superstars on our team, sage and cleo. one of them is gone next year if not both

Its VERY VERY SIMPLE. $3 mill third stringer with some potential vs league minimum third stringer with some potential. We all know he is not the answer. Excellent job Saban. Take that 3 mill next year and give me a standout starting CB and/or LT and/or QB instead of a third stringer WHO WON'T PLAY

Maynard said:
lemon isnt supposed to be the answer. if he becomes a good player, thats a bonus

THANK YOU! This post should be cut out and framed. :lol:

Remember Saban talking about bringing in a developmental QB?...well here ya go. He wasn't brought in to overtake Gus and be our starter (if that WERE to happen, then it would be one hell of a bonus), but of course people are so upset about our QB situation that they'll say anything or get pissed at something that's really not so big. Ahhhh the life and times of Finheaven. :D

Finshizzle said:
We are in deep [edit] at the QB position, what are we going to do next year? Do you guys think Lemon is the answer? Sage sure isn't, are there any quality free agents out there next year? how about the draft, will we pick a QB? So many questions!!!! So little answers!!!!

Mod Edit: Please go back and read the TOS regarding circunventing the profanity filter.

The sky is falling!

Because we traded AJ Feeley?

We will find our next QB before next season.....fear not chicken little.

There is no way this guy can even be any better then Feeley. He isnt fast and he throws a low completion percentage and this was at a sorry College football program. He wasnt drafted and he keeps being released and we trade a 6th and Feeley for him.

Brad528 said:
There is no way this guy can even be any better then Feeley. He isnt fast and he throws a low completion percentage and this was at a sorry College football program. He wasnt drafted and he keeps being released and we trade a 6th and Feeley for him.

He had a bad O-line in college, in the last two pre-seasom games this year he was 26-33 281 yards and 3 td's/no int's.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
If you checked some of the articles floating around he didn't have a great support staff. The other teams that released him maybe didn't give him enough time in there systems.

Sounds just like Jay Fielder's early NFL career.
He's just a body for practice and scout team that is much cheaper than Feeley.
Ayone who thinks otherwise is just dreaming. He's got little to no shot of making any significant impact in the NFL.
He's Scott Secules, Damon Huard and a host of other forgettable names.

Agent Mulder said:
Something will be done regarding the QB situation. A lot of time between now and the offseason. Saban might draft one (depending where we pick) or sign a FA. David Carr might be there. And Rivers. Lemon is a backup, not our starter.
We won't get RIVERS we may get BREES!!

Finshizzle said:
We are in deep [edit] at the QB position, what are we going to do next year? Do you guys think Lemon is the answer? Sage sure isn't, are there any quality free agents out there next year? how about the draft, will we pick a QB? So many questions!!!! So little answers!!!!

Mod Edit: Please go back and read the TOS regarding circunventing the profanity filter.

Sage, Gus or Lemon (or AJ for that matter) were not or are not our LT answer at QB...even RS could see that. The fact is that we have a bunch of holes still to fill on this team and backup qb and starting qb are two of those holes. Lemon probably gives us a better backup than AJ or Sage do, but you can't expect them to replace a QB in midseason and have the possibility for them to be pressed into duty (I'm referring to Lemon replacing Sage as #2). Keep in mind that Meuller is known as a GM who seems to find decent QBs from scrap heaps. Brooks and Delhomme are a couple that he has signed before they were anything. When we get into next offseason, with add'l cap space, we can look harder at who's available....but if you want some names that are off the top of my head that might be available...

Joey Harrington, David Carr, Matt Schaub, P. Rivers or D. Brees, Ramsey...there are several others as well...then there is the draft...so lets be patient because there isn't a thing we can do about it right now...

And if you think I'm not going to dump all over Gus when he loses our next game for us, you're wrong...I still will not be to happy with him as our starter...We can and should continue to express our displeasure with the performance of the team, but we all have to keep in mind that the NFL is not set up to be able to repair your team during the season like some other sports can....

Sage and lemon goof for stuffing a turkey

So I guess that explains where Gus fits into the triumvirate. I get the trade of Feeley for Lemon, cheaper 3rd string guy. But the 6th to them aswell. I'm not saying it was a bad trade, but hasn't Feeley cost us enough in trades already. And extra 6th just to get him off the roster, we could have cut him for free.

CsonkaClone said:
Why not? He has great mobility and seems to have above average pocket awareness. I know it's too early to say he is the answer but it's also way to early to say he's not!

Because we want a good QB not some no name. They did not do this trade to get Lemon, they did it to get rid of Feeley. Lemon is a cheap 3rd. He will stay a cheap third too. This guy will make $250,000 less then the next guy just because of his name. Those would be some embarrasing headlines after the game.....Patriots flavour their fish with Lemon.

I think Lemon will be a good addition, but his appearance asks the question of who we will keep next year when we will obviously draft a QB. I say we lose Sage, toss Cleo in at 3rd string, and develop the new kid at 2nd string under Gus. Sounds like a plan! If we kept Sage and lost Cleo, I wouldnt care much tho.

Back
Top Bottom