Back to reality: Lemon not the answer | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back to reality: Lemon not the answer

Finshizzle said:
We are in deep [edit] at the QB position, what are we going to do next year? Do you guys think Lemon is the answer? Sage sure isn't, are there any quality free agents out there next year? how about the draft, will we pick a QB? So many questions!!!! So little answers!!!!

Mod Edit: Please go back and read the TOS regarding circunventing the profanity filter.

LMAO!!! Do you really think we would send AJ +a 6 round pick to SD for another 3rd stringer after what AJ did at Philly and here last year?? Why not just cut him?? We made this trade to open up negotiations. SD needed a player they could spend some time with til the end of the year to see if he could backup Drew. Rivers will now certainly be a dolphin next year.

HEres soemthing I'll say. Last year we kept 4, 4 QBS. Brees, Rivers, Flutie and lemon. This obviously means something when you keep a guy as your 4th QB, only because it says something that hes worth keeping. Is he a future starter? Maybe not. But he cold be a serviceable backup, just because you guys have never ehard of him doesn't mean hes nothing. Lots of SD fans liked the guy. on NFL network theys aid many thought he was the best 3rd string QB out there. IF that means something ...

yankeehillbilly said:
I dont care too much for this deal. At first, when it was reported that we got Lemon and SD's 7th round pick for Feeley, I was cool with it. Now though, when it has become clear that we are giving the Chargers Feeley and OUR 6th round pick for an UDFA that couldnt get above 3rd string anywhere he has played...well, thats just plain dumb. We traded a 3rd stringer for a 3rd stringer. We basically just gave SD our 6th round pick out of the goodness or our hearts.

Wasn't Saban supposed to be a guy that wanted to stock up on draft picks. Well as of now, there is no 5th or 6th rounder. I can't believe he gave away any pick and if he was going to, it should have been one of the 7th rounders.

Chargers said:
HEres soemthing I'll say. Last year we kept 4, 4 QBS. Brees, Rivers, Flutie and lemon. This obviously means something when you keep a guy as your 4th QB, only because it says something that hes worth keeping. Is he a future starter? Maybe not. But he cold be a serviceable backup, just because you guys have never ehard of him doesn't mean hes nothing. Lots of SD fans liked the guy. on NFL network theys aid many thought he was the best 3rd string QB out there. IF that means something ...

Worth keeping as a 4th string QB (at the expense of a roster spot for a 10th DB) is a far cry from "good." If the Chargers felt he had any real value as a potential future starter, they wouldn't have done the deal. At the very least, they would have kept him and traded Rivers or Brees for a 1st or a top player. If they really, really believed in him, he'd be getting some PT (at least 2-3 passes in an NFL game) and if he showed great potential, they'd trade both Rivers and Brees for a bunch of top picks and players and then sign an AJ Feeley ( or other FA backup) to back him up.

adamprez2003 said:
If Cleo Lemon is the answer I wonder what the question was

I think the question was, Name a 3rd string QB who is available and has much more potential than AJ.

Fineas said:
Worth keeping as a 4th string QB (at the expense of a roster spot for a 10th DB) is a far cry from "good." If the Chargers felt he had any real value as a potential future starter, they wouldn't have done the deal. At the very least, they would have kept him and traded Rivers or Brees for a 1st or a top player. If they really, really believed in him, he'd be getting some PT (at least 2-3 passes in an NFL game) and if he showed great potential, they'd trade both Rivers and Brees for a bunch of top picks and players and then sign an AJ Feeley ( or other FA backup) to back him up.

Reports are that some in the SD front office thought he had great potential and some didn't. I'll go out on a limb and say some will be right and some will be wrong. Whether he was traded or not goes more to who had more say than to who was right.

Finshizzle said:
We are in deep [edit] at the QB position, what are we going to do next year? Do you guys think Lemon is the answer? Sage sure isn't, are there any quality free agents out there next year? how about the draft, will we pick a QB? So many questions!!!! So little answers!!!!

Mod Edit: Please go back and read the TOS regarding circunventing the profanity filter.

Back to reality to you for thinking he was brought here tobe the answer.

Back
Top Bottom