Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson

Seriously? What have you been watching? How can you escape when the edges curl up and pressure runs up through the middle?

Little bitch? Wow...

Well, he's a tough SOB one cannot argue that he doesn't look like a weird little B when he is running. One would never think he used to be a WR.

Tbh...If tannehill does a better job at diagnosing what's going on at the line of scrimmage then the anticipation should be there. I'm not saying to escape everything either. I'm saying act like u know what's going on. How about do something different for a change. Furthermore. I think tannehill has decent speed but he's not elusive like Russell to cut through lanes and juke defenders. I've never seen tannehill juke anyone..

He has put people on skates a few times in his career. The first one that comes to mind was him playing against Buffalo on Monday/Thursday night. can't remember which but it was the same game that Lamar caused that one Buffalo player to get injured he juked him so bad...

That has got to be the most accurate 2 liner statement Ive ever read. Bingo!!!

Tannehill has to be a pocket passer....everything tannehill does outside from pocket passing are designed plays or maybe a run for first down..tannehill doesn't have the instincts to buy time in the pocket. Juke defenders escape pressure. What tannehill does are roll outs...if he sees a open lane he will try once in a blue moon. But he's not going to stare at a defender, run from him, cut back look deep, no one's open spin around and run for the first. Never will that happen.. it cant.. tannehill isn't russel. My whole thing is understanding what he can do and play to those strengths. But like everyone says with this oliNE and tannehills lack of escapability, it's poison. Russel would do just fine with this oline.

He has put people on skates a few times in his career. The first one that comes to mind was him playing against Buffalo on Monday/Thursday night. can't remember which but it was the same game that Lamar caused that one Buffalo player to get injured he juked him so bad...

Interesting. Must of Missed that.

This is a poor evaluation. Wilson can work behind this OL because he's extremely elusive in the pocket. I don't think you could put even an Aaron Rodgers behind that OL and be consistently successful. Wilson is a unique case, most QB's wouldn't function under those circumstances, but his level of escapability makes it possible. Additionally, you don't need a Brady or Rodgers to be a successful football team, there's few guys like that and they're hard to come by. If you're expecting Tannehill to be at that level in his 4th year you're going to be thoroughly disappointed.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Definitely. Russell is not gonna go down easily. Tannehill almost always goes down without a fight. Russell Wilson feels the pressure escapes, gathers himself and either completes for a big play or runs for more yards. Tannehill feels the pressure and curls up like a little bitch in the fetus position.

Fetus position eh?

This is a poor evaluation. Wilson can work behind this OL because he's extremely elusive in the pocket. I don't think you could put even an Aaron Rodgers behind that OL and be consistently successful. Wilson is a unique case, most QB's wouldn't function under those circumstances, but his level of escapability makes it possible. Additionally, you don't need a Brady or Rodgers to be a successful football team, there's few guys like that and they're hard to come by. If you're expecting Tannehill to be at that level in his 4th year you're going to be thoroughly disappointed.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Fetus position eh?

Sorry doc. Fetal... look it up

This SHOULD quiet all the rumblings about bad O-line is really the problem, but i'm sure it won't.

A lot of phans blame Tannehill's struggles on a weak o-line. But it should be noted..

- Seattle has the worst o-line in the NFL (link), which got worse when they traded pro bowl center Max Unger for TE Jimmy Graham (who is now injured, and lost for the season).

- Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch and lost backup RB Thomas Rawls. Their starting RB is now journeyman Christine Michael, who was cut 4 days ago from the Redskins practice squad, and then picked up by the Seahawks.

- Russell Wilson is #3 in the NFL for sacks (40).

- Despite being surrounded by disaster, Russell Wilson is #1 in the NFL in passer rating (111.4).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

Elite QBs - like Russell Wilson & Tom Brady - are able to overcome weak o-lines & dumpster fires.

Ryan Tannehill needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.

I've said this many times.

Wilson
3538 yards 29 td's 7 int's
Tannehill
3529 yards 22 td's 11 ints

Not a huge disparity?

Rawls/Lunch
1247 yards 7 tds
Miller
781 yardss 7 tds

Seattles D
4231 yards allowed 248 points allowed
Miami's D
5555 yards allowed 361 points allowed

I admit Tannehill hasn't played great this year but I have a theory that it's due to him pressing as a result of poor performances of the team around him. Even with his poor performance it's not that out of line with the great Russell Wilson. I also have a theory that football is a team sport and that individual achievement is less important than team execution. Seeing how teams are wining with fitzpatrick, cousins, alex smith, and yates/weeden, I think Tannehill is more than enough QB to win in this league provided we surround him with a cohesive team.

A lot of phans blame Tannehill's struggles on a weak o-line. But it should be noted..

- Seattle has the worst o-line in the NFL (link), which got worse when they traded pro bowl center Max Unger for TE Jimmy Graham (who is now injured, and lost for the season).

- Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch and lost backup RB Thomas Rawls. Their starting RB is now journeyman Christine Michael, who was cut 4 days ago from the Redskins practice squad, and then picked up by the Seahawks.

- Russell Wilson is #3 in the NFL for sacks (40).

- Despite being surrounded by disaster, Russell Wilson is #1 in the NFL in passer rating (111.4).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

Elite QBs - like Russell Wilson & Tom Brady - are able to overcome weak o-lines & dumpster fires.

Ryan Tannehill needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.
Russell wilson is also first inthe nfl in sacks that are his own fault, they showed it during a game like 2 weeks ago

Only the most delusional on here (they know who they are) were arguing that Tannehill was as good as Wilson. LOL.

The difference between Russel Wilson and Ryan Tannehill is in their contracts. One guy got a hefty guarantee, while the other's franchise made sure they got an easy out after year 2. That tells you all you need to know.

The one big thing Wilson has over Tannehill is his pocket awareness. And that he's clutch

Wilson has been fortunate to have one of the best running backs/rushing attacks in the NFL, and also the best defense over the span of his career.

Not alluding that RT is anywhere near RW, but Seattle at least has a great defense and a great rushing offense to take some pressure off their QB.

Russell Wilson is having one of the best 2nd halves of a season I've ever seen. Over the last 5 games he has 19 TDs and 0 INTs. His completion percentages in those 5 games are: 82.8, 70, 77.8, 71.9, and 70. In these last 5 games he's been sacked 7 times. In the 9 games prior he was sacked 33 times.

The entire team has turned it around. It's no coincidence Seattle hasn't lost in these last 5 games.

These QB stat comparisons do not equate as Russell Wilson hasnt had as many garbage time stat padding opportunities as Tannehill has. Compare those and it will teller a better story

Wilson
3538 yards 29 td's 7 int's
Tannehill
3529 yards 22 td's 11 ints

Not a huge disparity?

Rawls/Lunch
1247 yards 7 tds
Miller
781 yardss 7 tds

Seattles D
4231 yards allowed 248 points allowed
Miami's D
5555 yards allowed 361 points allowed

I admit Tannehill hasn't played great this year but I have a theory that it's due to him pressing as a result of poor performances of the team around him. Even with his poor performance it's not that out of line with the great Russell Wilson. I also have a theory that football is a team sport and that individual achievement is less important than team execution. Seeing how teams are wining with fitzpatrick, cousins, alex smith, and yates/weeden, I think Tannehill is more than enough QB to win in this league provided we surround him with a cohesive team.

Back
Top Bottom