Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson

All they need to do to put that in crystal clear perspective is look at their 3rd down conversion rates in the 4th quarter.

All they need to do to put that in crystal clear perspective is look at their 3rd down conversion rates in the 4th quarter.

because thats all on the Qb right? has nothing to do with play calling, dropped passes, failed draws that we LOVE to run for some reason...

because thats all on the Qb right? has nothing to do with play calling, dropped passes, failed draws that we LOVE to run for some reason...

Wrong,

actually WRONG times two.

What YOU wrote obviously is wrong,

and the point you are trying to make makes you doubly wrong. :ponder: :chuckle:

Those are EXACTLY the types of things that Russel can OVERCOME and Tannehill CANNOT. :confused: :shotgun:

Pretty stark contrast. Seattle's Defense has been lights out since losing to the Cards. Both the Dolphins and the Seahawks were 4-5 and the Seahawks found a way to rattle off 5 straight wins with Wilson posting historic numbers over a 5 game stretch to put his team at 9-5. Meanwhile, Tannehill is surrounded by every excuse known to man and the team has fallen to 5-9. Wilson has that switch that allows him to dig deeper than most players to make things happen in the face of adversity. Tannehill has failed to show that he has the same switch.

Mentions how the defense has been as he says "Lights Out" then goes on to say how Wilson has carried the team to a 9-5 record. I'll say it again Tannehill bashers here are the new Patriot wagoner fans of FinHeaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong,

actually WRONG times two.

What YOU wrote obviously is wrong,

and the point you are trying to make makes you doubly wrong. :ponder: :chuckle:

Those are EXACTLY the types of things that Russel can OVERCOME and Tannehill CANNOT. :confused: :shotgun:

...you get a high five for this...

The Tannehill haters here are the same people who stated that Suh was going to single handedly fix out D. He was going to draw so much attention that all the other players on the team even though inferior talent would easily do what was needed to stop the run or pass. How did that work out? Is Suh now a terrible DT? The simple truth for those willing to face it, is Russell is not near as good as people make him out to be and Tannehill isn't near as bad. Winning and losing taints your perception of all player. For the people who hate Tannehill, they will never be satisfied. They live in some other dimension where dominate QBs grow on trees and single handily win games. They only QB I've ever seen that came close to hoisting a team on his back and over coming a terrible running game and piss poor D consistently was Marino, and even he couldn't do it, but in this other dimension Marino's grow on trees.

Hell if there is another Marino in this year draft grab him up, or if there is a Wilson in the 3rd nab him, but you better surround him with a team or we are going to be wondering why after 17 year he never got a ring.

The yards per throw thing is kind of mis leading though...when an offense is designed to use more screens and short routes it tends to blur those stats....
The offense system is just part of the reasons the biggest reason is because Tannehill simply doesn't go downfield enough and he did that at Texas A&M favoring the short route and check downs.

He has put people on skates a few times in his career. The first one that comes to mind was him playing against Buffalo on Monday/Thursday night. can't remember which but it was the same game that Lamar caused that one Buffalo player to get injured he juked him so bad...

Please Stop. Tannehill has under 100 yards rushing this year. He is not a rushing threat the way Cam or Wilson are period homer.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Throws a mean bubble screen

Wilson is not a pocket passer and Seattle has let him grow that way.

Tannehill is not a pocket passer and Miami has forced him to grow that way.
On the season, Wilson is completing 71.4 percent of his attempts when staying in the pocket. That's the top mark in the NFL. And Wilson's 109.3 passer rating on throws inside the pocket is second to only Cincinnati's Andy Dalton.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On the season, Wilson is completing 71.4 percent of his attempts when staying in the pocket. That's the top mark in the NFL. And Wilson's 109.3 passer rating on throws inside the pocket is second to only Cincinnati's Andy Dalton.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I've been saying this for what seems like forever, but:

Since Russell Wilson has entered the NFL, he's done nothing but break records and win huge games. In regard to Wilson's development since entering the NFL, it's very similar to the way Ben Roethlisberger started his career - except Wilson has more on his plate than Roethlisberger did, and Roethlisberger had the benefit of great O-lines and much better WR's. Wilson is great now, and he has a legitimate chance to retire as one of the best QB's to ever play. Tannehill hasn't accomplished ANYTHING. You can make excuses for him all day long, but until he accomplishes something (anything), it doesn't make sense to compare him to QB's like Wilson - or Newton. It was stupid to compare Tannehill to Wilson two years ago, last year, and today. The only difference - on this forum - is that the people who try to do so have adopted a meeker tone :lol:

Please Stop. Tannehill has under 100 yards rushing this year. He is not a rushing threat the way Cam or Wilson are period homer.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Throws a mean bubble screen

Not to mention, he looks like a freak when rushing. Arms flailing around with cement in his cleats. Youd never have thought that he was a WR at any point in his life.

Great post.

If Tannehill was on the Jets, the same homers would be killing him for being average/suck/etc.

Well, Dolphins fans joked about Sanchez not having a full college career at QB and ridiculed Jets fans. For Tannehill it became an excuse that he just needs some extra time.

Watching Wilson play college ball and watching Tannehill play college ball should have shown everyone who the better QB would be. Wilson seemed to flow while Tannehill just seemed to be stiff and that the position was not a natural fit. No surprise that Wilson is the better QB. I did not like the Tannehill selection at all. His lack of experience playing QB was a big red flag to me. I wish that the dolphins would have drafted Wilson instead but Ireland was desperately trying to save his job and thought that a dude with only one year of experience was better than a dude who had played the position longer and with better results.

Back
Top Bottom