Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream

The funny part is that if Baldinger is 100% wrong no one will hold him accountable b/c nobody cares. If he's right too so what? They don't award medals for making a half-assed prediction about a rookie in July.

If the Fins have a shot at Barkley in 2013, hopefully we will take him. Trying to decide between Barkley or RT would be a nice problem to have.
In all seriousness, I think we will be fine and surprise some folks this year.
Baldinger is just trying to hear himself talk above all the media noise...

Love Barkley. When all is said and done I think he's between Matt Stafford and Andrew Luck as a prospect. If we're in a position to get him next year I want him.

If the Fins have a shot at Barkley in 2013, hopefully we will take him. Trying to decide between Barkley or RT would be a nice problem to have.
In all seriousness, I think we will be fine and surprise some folks this year.
Baldinger is just trying to hear himself talk above all the media noise...

Picking Barkley is a clear message that the team would have given up on Tannehill. I can't see any team nowadays picking a quarterback in the top 10 in back to back seasons. If Miami is indeed unfortunate to pick in the top 5 next year, I would rather someone like Robert Woods to give Tannehill a big time weapon.

no effin team in their right mind would draft QB'S top ten slot back to back. tannehill would bring us a fifth rounder tops in that scenario.
it'd be teddy jr. all over aGINN. buy high sell low.

Time will tell, but media grades mean absolutely nothing. Less than they used to in fact simply because the average fan has access to almost as much information on college prospects. The media may have the edge in knowing the personalities of players, some inside information from coaches etc. But with the advent of the internet, youtube highlights etc. a fan can become a scout and form his/her own opinions much easier than in the past. Personally, I think Ryan Tannehill will be at least an above average quarterback in this league and I like the coaching staff in place to develop him. He has everything you look for in the position and exciting athletic ability. I think we, as fans, will need to be patient as the organization builds talent around Tannehill.

Picking Barkley is a clear message that the team would have given up on Tannehill. I can't see any team nowadays picking a quarterback in the top 10 in back to back seasons. If Miami is indeed unfortunate to pick in the top 5 next year, I would rather someone like Robert Woods to give Tannehill a big time weapon.

Well if they do we will have a good B/up......................

Barkley is too good to pass up. He would've gone before RG3 this year. Barkley will be a great player for a long time.

If Barkley is available you draft him. Keep drafting QBs until you find one. Then they could always trade Tannehill like Atlanta did with Shaub. If Miami has a top 5 pick, they should trade Tannehill and draft picks to move up and take Barkely.

i wouldn't put too much stock into what brian baldinger thinks...i know i don't

If they have a chance to draft Barkley next year they better do it. He is a better prospect than Tannehill. Taking Tannehill at #8 was a reach to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Barkley is available you draft him. Keep drafting QBs until you find one. Then they could always trade Tannehill like Atlanta did with Shaub. If Miami has a top 5 pick, they should trade Tannehill and draft picks to move up and take Barkely.

Since you are in favor of not giving more than one year for a rookie quarterback to prove himself, if they did draft Barkley in 2013, should they trade him in 2014 if they are in a position to take the top QB that year? Just keep taking 1st round quaterbacks and trading away the one from the year before is the way to go in your opinion? Not a fan of the old school thought of giving your 1st round pick a few years and building a team and offense around him? You want to start over every year?

Not me. Tannehill is and will be looked at as the guy for at least the next few years. Any high draft picks in the 1st round that may occur will be used to give Tannehill more weapons to succeed. Not to replace him. Think WR or offensive lineman if they go offensive in the draft next April, not quarterback.

I'm just giving you my personal opinion, but I know that a lot of people agree with me, AS PURE PROSPECTS Tannehill is like a high end Volkswagen and Barkley is a Mercedes CLS 550 AMG. If Tannehill has a Cam Newton type rookie year, then obviously I don't want to draft a QB, but if he goes out there and looks totally incompetent then I'd be all for Barkley.

I'm just giving you my personal opinion, but I know that a lot of people agree with me, AS PURE PROSPECTS Tannehill is like a high end Volkswagen and Barkley is a Mercedes CLS 550 AMG. If Tannehill has a Cam Newton type rookie year, then obviously I don't want to draft a QB, but if he goes out there and looks totally incompetent then I'd be all for Barkley.
Unless they clean out the entire front office and coaching staff at the end of the season, you can forget about Barkley. Not happening.

Didnt Baldinger also say that D Thomas was a bust before he even played a regular season game? Or was that someone else?

Baldinger is an idiot...He never knows what he is talking about on NFLN

Back
Top Bottom