Baldy’s breakdown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy’s breakdown

Couldn't Throw, Couldn't catch. Couldn't Block. Didn't Run. Couldn't Tackle.

Adjusted Poorly.

This was a worse game than the beat down we took at the end of last season because we did it to ourselves.
At least it was starters this time and not a QB who is out of the league hanging 28 in a half while Tua throws 3 picks to 2 guys that team didn’t bother to bring back for depth.

I would volunteer my services as an O lineman for next season, but afraid with my fitness level the first sprints in practice would put me in traction the rest of the season. Yes, I need to exercise more.

Sorry gents.
Do It!! Will Fuller did the exact same thing this year and it got him 10 Million Dollars!!

It really is amazing this team this team has won as much as it has considering how ridiculously bad this line is.

8-9 or 9-8, it doesn't matter. It's still an accomplishment, considering.

This line is THE worst in the league. They do nothing well, except get beat.

If there's anyway to become at least average on the line and to improve against the run defensively and this team can really become a headache for the rest of the league.
Reality is look at their wins and who they beat at QB:
1. Mac Jones- rookie's 1st game and it was actually a fluke win if Harris does not fumble and lose the game winning FG.
2. Joe Flacco- retired now?
3. Cam Newton- washed up
4. Zac Wilson- rookie
5. Tyrod Taylor
6. Ian Book- 4th string QB
7. Mike Glennon
8. Lamar Jackson- only good QB

This list is just pathetic and shows this team even the defense is really not good at all.

Reality is look at their wins and who they beat at QB:
1. Mac Jones- rookie's 1st game and it was actually a fluke win if Harris does not fumble and lose the game winning FG.
2. Joe Flacco- retired now?
3. Cam Newton- washed up
4. Zac Wilson- rookie
5. Tyrod Taylor
6. Ian Book- 4th string QB
7. Mike Glennon
8. Lamar Jackson- only good QB

This list is just pathetic and shows this team even the defense is really not good at all.

So at no other time during the past 10, 15, 20, etc. years did the Dolphins ever face a similar crop of QB's during a season?

Wins are difficult to achieve no matter who is playing QB for the opposition.

You mention "reality" --- well, history is reality. Typically MIA hasn't been able to beat the teams and QB's in front of them in the same manner.

We get it. This current team isn't very good. But neither were most of MIA's teams the past 25 or so years.

MIA's late 90's and early 2000's teams were built similarly. Reliant upon defense and very limited and conserviative on offense.

Where were the 7 game winning streaks???

You can do some very easy research and put together a decent list of very pedestrian QB's over the past 25+ years that MIA wasn't able to defeat for whatever reasons.

IMO you're really not acknowledging reality with regard to dismissing the wins for the reasons above.

Furthermore:

1. Mac Jones <the team he plays on has won 10 games this season>
4. Zach Wilson <his team has managed 3 wins when he is the starter, including against Tennessee w/ Derrick Henry, and was 1 play from beating Tampa Bay yesterday>
5. Tyrod Taylor <Tyrod owns a winning record as an NFL starting QB and has historically owned MIA>
8. Lamar Jackson <torched MIA for 5 TD and 59 points the previous time they met>

Last edited:
After watching this video, I can't see how anyone thinks Grier and Flores deserve to be back next season. That o-line is not from the Year #1 tear-down, that is from Year #3 after three off-seasons full of trading, Free Agency, and a ton of draft picks. Everyone knew that they needed to improve the o-line, and this is the end result of three years of work by Grier and Flores.
yep get rid of them

I started to lose hope in Grier and Flores when they traded Tunsil.
Stating something like we don't need 1 superstar there and 4 mediocre players lol

Back
Top Bottom