Baldy’s breakdown | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy’s breakdown

That has got to be the most maddening thing to read...after 3 years this is the best OL they managed to put together. There are GM's rebuilding entire rosters in 2-3 years and we can't manage to get 5 average starters for the OL.
This is the same merry go round that we were on during the Tannehill era. The only difference is that now they are trying it with draft picks and in the past they brought in washed up veterans. Same results. I was told repeatedly that the OL was fixed because they "addressed" it, so it must be the QB, because no way could it be the OL...... LOL. Here we are ... still.

Thank god that breakdown was only 2 minutes long or I would of started to cry. Not sure what’s worse the oline or the routes our wideouts run. We need to keep 7 guys blocking to have 3 go out for passes then we wonder why we can’t complete anything deep as our 3 guys are covered by 6 defenders lol

Now Baldy just explained so much in 2 minutes and I have seen it happen on multiple plays and multiple games. We really need and OL coach and a true OC. There is no reason that all your WR and TE’s are running the same depth routes. That is just terrible play design. I’m so tired of the lame play calling. We can’t even coach these guys up to play half decent.
This happens way too often. Sometimes we not only have WR's at the same depth but too many times its at the exact same spot on the field. It happens so much and to different players, that has to be coaching. OL and OC coaches need to be replaced, I'm ok with Flores getting one more year.

Don't know how you watch this and think the qb is the problem. Did he have a bad game? ABSOLUTELY!! but my god the play calls, the line play.. don't know what else to expect but to get blown out

This is the worst coached team in football and one of the worst coached dolphins teams of my 42 year old life. It's appalling how consistently misused our players are.

No one executed Sunday but we had no chance with that gameplan in that weather.

The performance reminded me a lot of the Buffalo snow games back in the early 90's. Especially the second half.

The double edged sword of being able to gas teams in 85 degree / 90% humidity weather in September usually means being equally out of place in the cold.

This happens way too often. Sometimes we not only have WR's at the same depth but too many times its at the exact same spot on the field. It happens so much and to different players, that has to be coaching. OL and OC coaches need to be replaced, I'm ok with Flores getting one more year.

Yeah, it really does. We have some great plays in the playbook that we've called very sparingly, such as the Waddle corner route.

I get playing to Tuas strengths but its overkill how many times we run 3 WRs on drag/dig/slant plays. Plus very rarely is spacing or depth correct. Very noticeable when you have a bunch of mediocre route runners
(Waddle being the one exception)

But people were proclaiming the OL had a really strong game. I'd hate to see their bad game.
Lol. Ironically, I think this is why Tua struggles when he does get time. He gets excited to make a big play and take advantage of it and then makes a poor mechanical throw.

They were getting pressure with four guys against often six blockers.

The performance reminded me a lot of the Buffalo snow games back in the early 90's. Especially the second half.

The double edged sword of being able to gas teams in 85 degree / 90% humidity weather in September usually means being equally out of place in the cold.
It wasn’t even that cold. Just rainy, which both teams have to deal with, whether it’s warm or cold. If professional football players can’t perform at an elite level when it’s in the low 40’s then they may want to consider a career change.

It wasn’t even that cold. Just rainy, which both teams have to deal with, whether it’s warm or cold. If professional football players can’t perform at an elite level when it’s in the low 40’s then they may want to consider a career change.
thats not true i was there. it was cold, windy, and sleeting. doesnt mean poop your pants and play like crap, but weather was an issue for the guys. you could see it during warm ups. they have been in miami or a dome for over a month.

That has got to be the most maddening thing to read...after 3 years this is the best OL they managed to put together. There are GM's rebuilding entire rosters in 2-3 years and we can't manage to get 5 average starters for the OL.

Here is my problem. This past summer there seemed to be a consensus the OL would be better. Kindley, Hunt, AJ, Deiter would likely improve (the debate was 'how much') and Eich would be pretty good. Instead,all of them, plus Davis, regressed, and not by a little. All of them may not be 'average' OLmen, but it takes work and training to be this bad

In the early 2nd, one of the announcers mentioned it was 38 and dropping with a chance of the rain turning to snow

38 and wet is probably pretty miserable with the warm winter we've had this year

Edit to add - that and 15mph wind gusts

Back
Top Bottom