Barkley press conference at 4 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley press conference at 4

I keep checking Twitter, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. trying to read things about the Barkley decision. Don't know why I am wasting my time when we all know he is staying at USC.

Why would he call a press conference to say he is staying in school? The only thing I can think of is to start the Heismann/National Champion hype early. It just seems tacky and selfish to do something like that and as if he would be putting himself above the rest of the team. From everything I have read and heard about Barkley he isn't that type of guy.
Matt Leinart held a press conference to announce he was returning for his season season. Barkely is doing the same.

ha ha...i like hearing stuff like that on here...it was 12/1 odds the jets were coming off back to back afc championship appearances and i figured that the jets front office was smart enough to go with the power downhill running game and play action and not put so much in mark sanchez plate...but brian schotty tried to make sanchez into something he's not early this season and they've just recently figured out what breads their butter again...and if they get in i wouldn't sleep on them making another run

anyways i also put a grand at 16/1 on baltimore and another at 15/1 on new orleans...or vice versa can't remember which was 15/1 and which was 16/1...

i'm just glad all 3 are still in contention at this point
wow cant believe the ravens and saints were that good odds ( in favor of the better). i would deff put a grand on any of those teams to win it. those are deff good bets, well worth it. i think baltimore has a shot. i know they looked like garbage vs the chargers, but i like them come playoff time.

as for the saints, if the packers were to get upset in the 2nd round, then very possible. i just cant see the saints going into gb in the freezing weather and winning. either way, those are deff well worth it bets.

still awhile to go before everybody has to declare. If everybody stays in school but guys like Wilson and Osweiler come out, you gotta consider them. Wilson did pretty well for himself, and scouts like him more than Mallett (I think that's all attitude related though) and Brock has too much talent not to love

wow cant believe the ravens and saints were that good odds ( in favor of the better). i would deff put a grand on any of those teams to win it. those are deff good bets, well worth it. i think baltimore has a shot. i know they looked like garbage vs the chargers, but i like them come playoff time.

as for the saints, if the packers were to get upset in the 2nd round, then very possible. i just cant see the saints going into gb in the freezing weather and winning. either way, those are deff well worth it bets.

the pack was like 7/3 something that wasn't worth it...and with their issues on the oline at tackle especially i could see a scenario where someone goes there and upsets them...not probable but very possible

the ravens are always tough outs and the saints in their building are bad *** as well

are people really sure that barkley is going to stay?

what does he really have to gain? he had a great year, his stock is really high now. i get it that he wont be the 1st overall pick this year due to luck, but the money difference now with the rookie wage scale wont be that big of a difference in first and 2nd overall.

also,he lost the guy he protects his blind side in kalil. i feel he has nothing really to prove by staying. yes, he can play in a bowl game next year, but in terms for his future, the best decision now is to prob to enter the draft. why risk injury at college level next year when your stock is basically at its highest.

im also saying this with having in mind that we prob wont even get him. just whats best for him, but then again, im not him, and im not his adviser.

the pack was like 7/3 something that wasn't worth it...and with their issues on the oline at tackle especially i could see a scenario where someone goes there and upsets them...not probable but very possible

the ravens are always tough outs and the saints in their building are bad *** as well
ya that pack at those odds are deff not worth it. the ravens and saints at those odds were for sure.

next year if you have money to blow, it may not hurt to put a little on the fins, because we prob will be like 25-1 or higher, which can provide a big payoff if they surprise.

ya that pack at those odds are deff not worth it. the ravens and saints at those odds were for sure.

next year if you have money to blow, it may not hurt to put a little on the fins, because we prob will be like 25-1 or higher, which can provide a big payoff if they surprise.

hells no...

Matt Leinart held a press conference to announce he was returning for his season season. Barkely is doing the same.

I know Leinart had a press conference but he clearly loved the spotlight/parties/***** that came with SoCal more than football itself. He was never mentally ready for the NFL, probably still isn't and probably never will be. I don't get that same attitude/demeanor from Barkley which is why I questioned it.

Then again the press conference could have nothing to do with Barkley's wishes and everything to do with USC's PR department. God knows they haven't had much to be happy about football wise with the sanctions they still have.

are people really sure that barkley is going to stay?

what does he really have to gain? he had a great year, his stock is really high now. i get it that he wont be the 1st overall pick this year due to luck, but the money difference now with the rookie wage scale wont be that big of a difference in first and 2nd overall.

also,he lost the guy he protects his blind side in kalil. i feel he has nothing really to prove by staying. yes, he can play in a bowl game next year, but in terms for his future, the best decision now is to prob to enter the draft. why risk injury at college level next year when your stock is basically at its highest.

im also saying this with having in mind that we prob wont even get him. just whats best for him, but then again, im not him, and im not his adviser.

You forget USC is LOADED and despite Kalil leaving they more than likely have someone that will fit in fine at LT. He will FINALLY get a shot to win and lead USC to a Rose Bowl/BCS title game as the bowl ban is lifted next year. He has a BETTER shot of being the #1 overall and Heisman trophy winner next year than he does/did this year.

There is alot of incentive, and Barkley isn't one of these urban guys who need the money, his family has money and he really likes USC.

I mean he could declare but if I had money on it right now, I would bet on him staying. As far as for "Dolphins" sake, I hope he declares.

usc is loaded... there's no doubt about that...and you just know they have another preying mantis waiting in thw wings at left tackle to replace kalil on that campus...and marquise lee who became a monster by the end of the season and robert woods returning who both of which will be top 20 picks woods maybe top 10 they're gonna roll in the conference

its great for them...but terrible news for us

Aundrey Walker is probably my first choice to replace Kalil at LT.

USC is stacked next year and with Barkley returning, could be top 3 in preseason polls.

What a kick in the balls. Who do they take now at 8 or wherever the hell they are picking?

If Barkley goes back we'll have Reggie Bush to thank for it. It was principally his rules violations that led to all the sanctions on USC, the end of which next year is the biggest reason Barkley has to stay in school.

So yeah. Thanks Reggie.

Back
Top Bottom