Barrett to Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barrett to Dolphins

The Vikings are the closest NFL team to where he grew up in Iowa.

You guys saying what you would’ve done or offered doesn’t mean Jack shiit. Van Ginkel decided where he wanted to be.

And in fact is likely going to get more playing time the next few years.

Not everyone is designed to live in Miami.

One more false construct and narrative.
The positive/negative thing is absurd, a false construct, and just an excuse to avoid admitting certain things.
I try to be objective and follow the data.
Here is an example of a "positive" post from me that people conveniently forget about. There have been many:
https://finheaven.com/threads/brock...insight-into-the-skepticism-about-tua.381404/
I call em like I see em. When it is good I say so, and when it is bad I say so. SCOREBOARD! There are wins and there are losses. Period.
When things suck, saying they are good does not make things better.
Wearing Dolphins footie pajamas and waving pom poms will not make the team win more games.
The entire South Florida media is panning what has happened, much more than me. You know how hard it is for those guys to do that, when their business model is selling hope.
Yet everything around here is rainbows and show ponies and I am some kind of asshole for stating what should be obvious.
lol

Nothing anyone says on this forum will lead to the Fins winning — or losing — any more games than they otherwise would have. None of us have any control, nothing we post here impacts a damn thing.

Some posters, however, contribute to this forum being a fun and interesting place to be. I like those posters, seeing how I’ve been here many years at this point, and want this place to be fun and interesting. Meanwhile, other posters actively degrade the quality of the forum and make it a less fun and interesting place to be.

Wanna guess which kind of poster you are?

Why don't we take a one year flyer on a,prove you still have it, on Chase Young, I didn't even know he was a free agent this year. He's only 25 and if he's gotten through that injury he had in Wash, he might be a breast again.

lol

Nothing anyone says on this forum will lead to the Fins winning — or losing — any more games than they otherwise would have. None of us have any control, nothing we post here impacts a damn thing.

Some posters, however, contribute to this forum being a fun and interesting place to be. I like those posters, seeing how I’ve been here many years at this point, and want this place to be fun and interesting. Meanwhile, other posters actively degrade the quality of the forum and make it a less fun and interesting place to be.

Wanna guess which kind of poster you are?
The kind of poster that is dispassionate, objective, has been right much more often than wrong, doesn't wear dolphins footie pajamas and wave poms poms, addresses the actual content of posts as opposed to firing off personal insults, and obviously the type of poster that offends guys like you, andyasshsz, brogs, and the other children in your class. Glad you have convinced yourself the corpse of shaq Barrett over van ginkel made the team better. Okey dokey. How about admitting the obvious for once. Miami goofed this one

Wow - I like it. Depth when Phillips and Chubb come back / can hold it down while they are out

Not much... but that's ok on a one year deal. We'll play him as long as we can while we wait for our two main guys to heal.
More tread than Ingram or about the same? Haven’t watched him in a couple of years

Why don't we take a one year flyer on a,prove you still have it, on Chase Young, I didn't even know he was a free agent this year. He's only 25 and if he's gotten through that injury he had in Wash, he might be a breast again.
Lots of teams are competing for Young's interest. If it's a one year deal, going to be really high. Basically paying him assuming he is going to play up to expecations. And if I'm him with the amount of teams expressing interest, I'm not signing a one year deal.

9M for a guy who is only 31, who has been an elite pass rusher pretty recently, and who wins with skill more than athleticism anyway? Love the way Miami has approached this FA period.

They wouldn't get these guys on these deals if they didn't want to play for this particular team. Miami used to very rarely get these kinds of deals for players in this range.

Miami has stars. They need to fill out the roster and smooth out the weaknesses, and Miami bought a lot of quality snaps on offense and defense for relatively little $. Despite losing Wilkins and Hunt, I think you'll see a more physical Miami team in 2024.

The kind of poster that is dispassionate, objective, has been right much more often than wrong, doesn't wear dolphins footie pajamas and wave poms poms, addresses the actual content of posts as opposed to firing off personal insults, and obviously the type of poster that offends guys like you, andyasshsz, brogs, and the other children in your class. Glad you have convinced yourself the corpse of shaq Barrett over van ginkel made the team better. Okey dokey. How about admitting the obvious for once. Miami goofed this one

You staggeringly weak poster. You awful, awful blight on this forum. Go back to Phinzone, where you got banned.

Oh. Wait. Oops. You can't. Were you part of the reason the forum shut down?

Stop trying to convince people that being "anti-establishment" is actually the voice of reason. It isn't. You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE POSTING ABOUT.

First, **** you for making me do this, because I really like AVG. But...tell us again how much better a signing AVG is than Barrett. Let's forget for a second that Barrett had more sacks in a season than AVG has had in his CAREER. Yeah, let's put that aside for now.

Let's put aside, also, that AVG isn't all THAT MUCH YOUNGER than Barrett. A little over 2 years. Okay.

Let's put aside that whole thing about Barrett having one of the most awful years of his life in 2022-23.

Let's also put aside the part where Barrett is a 2-time Pro Bowler.

Let's also put aside the part where AVG wasn't all that effective once Chubb went down.

Let's just focus on the part where Barrett is probably going to make 70% of what AVG will make next year. Let's work on THAT. And then when Barrett out-produces AVG next year, we'll go back and deal with the rest, you troll.

Back
Top Bottom