Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19

Whoever compared him to Willis needs to just stop scouting lol. Yes he's identical size but that's about the only comparison

You mean other than the fact that Shazier had more tackles, sacks, tackles behind the LOS, and FFs ??

1r6ouo-1.gif

Talking over your head again?? Sorry, I will try it again. Shazier had very similiar numbers to Patrick Willis, except Shazier's were slightly better. Got it??

Guys this is kinda a mute point. There is no way Shazier makes it out of the top 15. This is a player that has a great chance to be rookie of the year, if he goes to the right situation. Very little chance he makes it to us unless we decide to trade up for him, and I just don't think that is happening.

I just don't see it, Hickey is too smart for that. Drafting Mosley over Shazier would be like drafting Channing Crowder over Patrick Willis.
PLAYER ------HT--WT---college sr tackles-PBU-Sacks-FF--TFL
Patrick Willis 6-1, 239----------------137-----7-----3------2--11.5
Ryan Shazier 6-1, 237---------------144------4-----6------4--23

Any kind of dismissive response to this is purely defensive.

Whether or not he's Patrick Willis, that's as productive as it gets. And it shouldn't be dismissed.

yes it should...i dont blame you for saying the aaron maybin talk is off unless he is referring to the wasted edge rusher at the nfl level against tackles...neither is a win option there...they are not the same players as far as skill set otherwise

but patrick willis instincts were and are top notch...this is laughable stuff now...i mean really

navarro bowman is more the doesnt have elite level instincts athletic playmaker...damn good in his own right no doubt...but willis being there has really helped his read and dx game etc...

MLB is the current hole. Mosely is compared to L. David according to ex Bucs head coach. Mosely is the 3 down stud that can fill the hole at MLB if he is available. If he is gone then shazier may be sloppy seconds. However, I dont believe he is targeted to play MLB and only WLB which still leaves us the hole.

This is your classic smoke screen discussion. Hickey really wants mosely to fall.

Once I got a good look at Shazier, I couldn't find any reasonable justification for keeping him out of the top 5. He was the best athlete in the draft - best PSPARQ - and his production was at a higher level than any other player over the last two seasons. You knock him a little for playing LB - but not out of the top 10 and certainly not out of the top 15. As I insisted, he is the definition of a slam dunk prospect. Only injuries can keep him from reaching All Pro teams sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom