Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19

Question, a guy in the backfield making plays often has no reaction time or instincts? I don't think that's all speed and athleticism.

The problem with the defense is we are week at inside linebacker and Shazier does not fit this need. People continue to compare him and CJ and they play different roles and are two different LBs.

The problem with the defense is we are week at inside linebacker and Shazier does not fit this need. People continue to compare him and CJ and they play different roles and are two different LBs.

BPA at #19 whether Shazier or other we must stop this "need" fetish -> our backers can be improved esp. if Jordan is gonna play DE

Mosley and Shazier both look good. Shazier seems to make more plays in the highlight reels. I'd take both. Do we need defense 2 years in a row?

Mosley and Shazier both look good. Shazier seems to make more plays in the highlight reels. I'd take both. Do we need defense 2 years in a row?
With the glut of Olinemen and WRs in this draft we can do it, our current LB core got EXPOSED all season

Shazier had a medical condition called alopecia which results in you losing all your hair. Not an issue for me. The guy is one of the fastest defensive players in this year's draft and he can add some weight. I also would take him before CJ Mosley.

Maybe Wheeler could make a wig for him out of his own locks?

Wouldn't mind it if we're able to find another LB to play in the middle. Someone like Jordan Zumwalt or Preston Brown in the 4th-5th would be great to go along with Shazier.

Whoever compared him to Willis needs to just stop scouting lol. Yes he's identical size but that's about the only comparison

if mel kiper is on board with it then count me in. he's the teddy atlas of football.

it's amazing how people can look at the same thing
and come away with totally different opinions

a few comments that i've come across

"rangy athlete with a combination of excellent instincts
explosive first step and stunning closing burst"

"instinctive , explosive , physical and fearless"

"speed and instincts enable him to arrive at the
ball quickly and deliver bone-jarring hits"

"throwback type - fierce, hard-hitting and instinctual
a team leader by example"

"the best range and closing speed seen in a long time
a great blitzer and nasty hitter"

"size, speed and violence is outstanding when unmolested
excellent in traffic and disengaging"

"sheds blocks by being too quick for guards to get to his body
a see it-kill it beast unleashed type of player"

"unreal - incredible range - non-stop motor - phenomenal burst
lacks size but leverage and leg-drive is greater than body size"

"questionable instincts are offset by incredible athleticism"

"most LBs lose the battle with 300lb linemen - - - david, kuechly
alonso and bowman all make a living running around blocks to
beat them to the spot . . . a better athlete than the first 3
and more productive than kuechly . . he can do it all
. . . . seek and destroy gold"

"never quits , relentless in pursuit , team leader , strong character
scheme-diverse , passionate , plays and practices hard , has the
move and cover skills to be ultra-productive at the next level"

here's a write-up on lamar woodley

"disruptive vs run/pass . . . still developing eyes and instincts
will diagnose and trigger much better down the road . . . lacks
eyes/awareness as zone defender . . took time to acclimate"

wait , , , , these guys actually improve??!!!

nooooooooway . . . that's not possible

Whoever compared him to Willis needs to just stop scouting lol. Yes he's identical size but that's about the only comparison
Those who compare Shazier to Wheeler need also stop - dude is non-stop competitor

Shazier's father, Vernon, has been the Dolphins’ chaplain for the past five seasons.At just over 6-1 and 237 pounds, Shazier wouldn’t be big enough to fit the prototype of former Dolphins personnel czars Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland. But Hickey has said he has no such size requirements with linebackers.

That's a pretty solid foot in the door that I was unaware of.
Athletic - check
Position of need - check
High character - probable check
Team connection - check
Joe probably knows his Dad pretty well and has been well briefed on Ryan's development.

I'm thinking we should draft the entire Shazier family.

Back
Top Bottom