Be Honest Who Really Thought Rt Was A Franchise Qb When We Drafted Him. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Be Honest Who Really Thought Rt Was A Franchise Qb When We Drafted Him.

He could've been elsewhere. Not here with the terrible coach's we gave the kid

I thought he had a decent chance to be one. I never thought it was guaranteed. After all, even excellent prospects (ones far better than Tannehill) are ruined by **** organizations with **** coaches and I'm sorry, we might not be at the Hue-Jackson-Browns level, but we're pretty good at ruining talent ourselves.

What's with making it one or the other? Are some of you guys really going to tell me you were 100% sure Tannehill was never going to become a franchise QB, even if we had gotten him some proper coaching? With the flashes he's shown? Ridiculous.

Don't mistake your opinion for the opinion of the masses. As far as QBs go, he was a very good prospect.
I would bet everything I own based on all the pundits and fans reaction that draft that 99 out of 100 people did not believe he was a Franchise QB. To this day most people that are not familiar with the Fins and still many Football insiders still refer to him as WR turned QB. That just plain facts.

I knew jack squat about RT when we drafted him, never kept up much with football outside of NC and some of SC. I was hoping, watched a lot on him that made me feel good about the pick afterwards. I honestly cant even remember who I wanted in the first round its been so far back and I was probably so drunk. I think it was either Luke or Poe. I wanted Wilson in the 2nd round. I don't think Wilson is elite but I do think is a very good/great QB. I just always remembered watching what he did to ECU and was glad he transferred to Wisconsin, so I kind of followed him just cause I knew the kid had talent. Honestly tho, if Wilson would've never played for NC State I prob would've had zero clue who he was predraft much like RT

I knew jack squat about RT when we drafted him, never kept up much with football outside of NC and some of SC. I was hoping, watched a lot on him that made me feel good about the pick afterwards. I honestly cant even remember who I wanted in the first round its been so far back and I was probably so drunk. I think it was either Luke or Poe. I wanted Wilson in the 2nd round. I don't think Wilson is elite but I do think is a very good/great QB. I just always remembered watching what he did to ECU and was glad he transferred to Wisconsin, so I kind of followed him just cause I knew the kid had talent. Honestly tho, if Wilson would've never played for NC State I prob would've had zero clue who he was predraft much like RT
I agree on Wilson...They let him slide past them and he awesome in college. I remember the game I saw him play and he was the fastest guy on the field that day, basically winning it by himself.
This franchise has missed so many opportunities to get be decent Im starting to believe they will never get it right.

When it was all said and done, before the draft, and where we were drafting, I had two scenarios, One was, select Luke Kuechly in the first, and because this player was being stupidly overlooked, take Russel Wilson in the 2nd..

The others were kind of out of the box scenarios and it just involved trading back from 8 and taking Wilson in the first and gathering stock..or trading back into the first round to secure Wison, it was plainly obvious at that time, he was the most underrated player in the draft.

CK was the only other person that was on board and had that type of conviction about Wilson and was good with just outright taking Wilson in the first, That I remember..There were conversations about his worth, and it being held in the same regard as Luck and Rg3, who I was very high on as well..mistake on Rg3.

When we we selected Tannehill I was hopeful because I never seen his situation before, never has a division one big conference player transitioned from wide receiver to QB, then be such a high draft pick, so my patience was there.

However watching his inability to deal with a compromised pocket and some other things like not seeing the big picture view when scanning the field, I soured..After a couple seasons and an end zone seat to watch him play, I wrote I thought he was good enough to win some games and even get us to the playoffs, but not good enough to get us all the way, I didn’t and don’t believe he could deal with the pressure of a broken pocket, on the road, in a hostile environment well enough to make the plays necessary to win.

When it was all said and done, before the draft, and where we were drafting, I had two scenarios, One was, select Luke Kuechly in the first, and because this player was being stupidly overlooked, take Russel Wilson in the 2nd..

The others were kind of out of the box scenarios and it just involved trading back from 8 and taking Wilson in the first and gathering stock..or trading back into the first round to secure Wison, it was plainly obvious at that time, he was the most underrated player in the draft.

CK was the only other person that was on board and had that type of conviction about Wilson and was good with just outright taking Wilson in the first, That I remember..There were conversations about his worth, and it being held in the same regard as Luck and Rg3, who I was very high on as well..mistake on Rg3.

When we we selected Tannehill I was hopeful because I never seen his situation before, never has a division one big conference player transitioned from wide receiver to QB, then be such a high draft pick, so my patience was there.

However watching his inability to deal with a compromised pocket and some other things like not seeing the big picture view when scanning the field, I soured..After a couple seasons and an end zone seat to watch him play, I wrote I thought he was good enough to win some games and even get us to the playoffs, but not good enough to get us all the way, I didn’t and don’t believe he could deal with the pressure of a broken pocket, on the road, in a hostile environment well enough to make the plays necessary to win.

I wanted Wilson bad. Only reason I wanted him in 2nd was cause people said he would last awhile cause of height. He singlehandedly beat ecu back before we were a joke. Even when were a joke we still play in state schools hard tho

From a talent standpoint, he definitely had what you were looking for. Very athletic, strong arm, incredibly accurate on the move. I thought with the right coach, he definitely had the tools to work with. Truthfully, though, we all knew he wasn't a finished project. Kind of surprised me that he ended up starting as a rookie.

I wanted Wilson bad. Only reason I wanted him in 2nd was cause people said he would last awhile cause of height. He singlehandedly beat ecu back before we were a joke. Even when were a joke we still play in state schools hard tho
Looking back, Miami could have had Keuckly in round 1 and Wilson in round 2. Now that would have been a great draft. I really liked Wilson a lot as well. The size issue really hurt him in the draft, but hasn't been a problem in the NFL.

Good thread. While I was never a fan of RT I can admit that he did not get the type of coaching or nurturing that would lead him to reaching his full potential.

I always loved Rodgers cuz we are from the same town but sometimes I wonder if we would have ruined his career if we had taken him. His years behind Favre really allowed him invaluable experience. His skill set is still pretty insane though.

Last edited:
tannehill was never a franchise qb....He was just drafted by philbin out of desperation if he wasnt then philbin would had been out the door sooner.

Tannehill stinks as a qb.

Back
Top Bottom