Be Honest Who Really Thought Rt Was A Franchise Qb When We Drafted Him. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Be Honest Who Really Thought Rt Was A Franchise Qb When We Drafted Him.

Well when he’s in the HOF maybe you will change your mind

Not if he has another half in the playoffs like he did against GB or CAR. HoF QB's typically don't post 0.0 passer ratings in the playoffs for an entire half. Great team with great coaching though, and Wilson is obviously an excellent QB, but HoF is premature. Like any QB, he benefits greatly from a strong defense and running game, but who really cares about trivial things like that, it's all about the QB!

In regards to RT being a franchise QB, Gase's words and actions speak much louder than any fans opinion, and believe it or not he actually knows more about football than our fans (shocking).

Last edited:
ZFsoKxm.gif

Not if he has another half in the playoffs like he did against GB or CAR. HoF QB's typically don't post 0.0 passer ratings in the playoffs for an entire half. Great team with great coaching though, and Wilson is obviously an excellent QB, but HoF is premature. Like any QB, he benefits greatly from a strong defense and running game, but who really cares about trivial things like that, it's all about the QB!

In regards to RT being a franchise QB, Gase's words and actions speak much louder than any fans opinion, and believe it or not he actually knows more about football than our fans (shocking).

What Gase said AFTER Tannehills 2016 Stretch of games: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...nts-a-more-aggressive-ryan-tannehill-in-2017/

Last edited:
Could not possibly disagree more. Elite QB.

Not in the playoffs yet though, they're also still only 5-5 just like us and we have Brock Lobster losing games with a lesser run game and D. There's a reason Eli is going to the hall and it ain't the regular season...

I was hopeful that Tannehill would be a franchise QB, but I really didn't know. When I think of the word franchise it has different meanings to different people. If we were to ask the Dolphins then they would say yes Tannehill is a franchise QB because they have done nothing to change that assumption such as bringing in legitimate QB's to create competition at QB. Instead, they have crowned and anointed Tannehill the QB even though they really haven't done much to help him. By that I mean really focusing and improving our OL.
IMO, Tannehill has regressed. It's not really his fault though, the guy has and is still running for his life. Couple that with a lack of high caliber process power that others have pointed out, and he is a sitting duck back there. The Dolphins have really screwed the pooch on this one because, IMO, more than other QBs, Tannehill needs a good OL in front of him. He needs a strong running game to take the heat off him, and when it is time to throw he needs a clean pocket.
The Dolphins haven't seem to realize this. As usual, they overestimate a players ability, and put the cart before the horse. I think we need a new QB, make no mistake about that, but Tannehill could have been OK if the team would have recognized his weaknesses from the start and draft and sign the necessary players to help him to succeed. It is my belief the Dolphins failed Tannehill, and will fail anyone else we draft or sign until they fix the glaring problems we have with our OL. Yes, it all starts and ends with the QB, but the OL is almost as equally important. We won't go anywhere until we get it fixed.

OK be honest. When we drafted him did you truly believe he was a franchise QB.
If so why?
This is such a loaded question.

I doubt anyone thought he was a franchise QB when he was drafted. He was still very raw, but he was drafted for his potential. He had petential to be a very good QB or even possibly a franchise QB, but he wasn't one when he was drafted. How that potential has developed is up for debate, but no, he wasn't a franchise QB when he was drafted.

Therefore, this is a very poor, baiting, loaded question.

Not in the playoffs yet though, they're also still only 5-5 just like us and we have Brock Lobster losing games with a lesser run game and D. There's a reason Eli is going to the hall and it ain't the regular season...

That they're 5-5 is a testament to him. They've had a revolving door of nobodies at the RB position and Rashaad Penny only just now seems to be coming on. The offensive line, consistently for many years now, whoever is in charge of constructing it should be taken out back and put out of his misery. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and I believe the Seattle Seahawks personnel department have been unqualifiedly worse at constructing an offensive line than the Dolphins. That's saying a lot. I like Doug Baldwin but he's only ever been a #1 because Russell Wilson showed up. He'd be a #3 or #2 anywhere else. I like Tyler Lockett but he's similar. Nick Vannett? Really? The defense is not good anymore, and they're full of nobodies. This is not the Seahawks defense of yore. It's basically Frank Clark and Bobby Wagner, with Earl Thomas out there sometimes, and then a bunch of JAGs.

That they're 5-5 is a testament to him. They've had a revolving door of nobodies at the RB position and Rashaad Penny only just now seems to be coming on. The offensive line, consistently for many years now, whoever is in charge of constructing it should be taken out back and put out of his misery. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and I believe the Seattle Seahawks personnel department have been unqualifiedly worse at constructing an offensive line than the Dolphins. That's saying a lot. I like Doug Baldwin but he's only ever been a #1 because Russell Wilson showed up. He'd be a #3 or #2 anywhere else. I like Tyler Lockett but he's similar. Nick Vannett? Really? The defense is not good anymore, and they're full of nobodies. This is not the Seahawks defense of yore. It's basically Frank Clark and Bobby Wagner, with Earl Thomas out there sometimes, and then a bunch of JAGs.

Compared to our team, I'm sure their running game and ability to stop the run (both critical) are head and shoulders above ours (probably better at pass rush too). I know RW is an excellent QB, but the way he played against GB and CAR in the playoffs should give an objective person (hard to find) cause to pause in terms of putting him in the hall already imho. Unless you're a truly elite QB like Marino, the playoffs are critical in defining your legacy, even Marino is hurt by this. Like I said there's a reason Eli is getting talked about as a HoFer and it ain't the regular season.

Real talk, these are not HoF QB performances, luckily they got that onside kick...

Last edited:
I did not think he was franchise QB st that moment, but thought he was a very talented QB that had a great chance of being one. I was very happy with that pick.

Compared to our team, I'm sure their running game and ability to stop the run (both critical) are head and shoulders above ours (probably better at pass rush too). I know RW is an excellent QB, but the way he played against GB and CAR in the playoffs should give an objective person (hard to find) cause to pause in terms of putting him in the hall already imho. Unless you're a truly elite QB like Marino, the playoffs are critical in defining your legacy, even Marino is hurt by this. Like I said there's a reason Eli is getting talked about as a HoFer and it ain't the regular season.

Real talk, these are not HoF QB performances, luckily they got that onside kick...

Russell Wilson is 8-4 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl win. He's completed 62% of his passes with an 8.3 yards per attempt, 20 pass TDs and 11 INTs, not to mention 60 runs for 354 yards and 2 more TDs.

You basically just cherry-picked two of his worst playoff performances and tried to pretend that's how he generally is in the playoffs. I have no respect for that sort of analysis.

Hoped for the best in light of his college coach stepping into the OC job.

WTH you babbling about? I wish this would’ve happened. I wanted Saban to stay and was hoping for him to get Bree’s or Rodgers. I honestly think this team would’ve been good if it was with Saban/Rodgers or Bree’s.
But I know Saban liked Alex Smith a bit better.

What I'm blabbering about is inherent assumption that all players would develop and be the same type of players they are today under any system/organization.

I think fans, such as yourself, absolutely fail to take into account how much being under the right system and organization influences some of these players growth.

I would say the right coaching/organization initially is more important than any players raw talent.

I would further state that those players in the train wreck coaching and organization staff we had at the time wouldn't be the elite monsters they are today.

Back
Top Bottom