Benardrick McKinney restructure | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benardrick McKinney restructure

I’m pretty sure that he signed his contract prior to his injury, but I could be wrong. And they knew when they made the contract that it was essentially a three year extension. I don’t see how this double standard doesn’t bother anyone else. This is the final year of the year contract in terms of team obligation but everyone sh*** on X if he says, “okay. I’m in the last year of my deal. (If you look at the way his contract is structured) Let’s redo this now. You value player “A” at this amount for “Y” amount of production. I would like to be paid on par with my production.”

We are talking about arguably the best player in the league playing the toughest position in the game. It’s not like he’s trying to tell the team how he wants to play or how to conduct business. He just wants fair compensation. And I don’t get why people are bothered by that. If he’s making outrageous demands behind the scenes that I’m not aware of then I say let’s trade him. But if he’s trying to negotiate in good faith then I don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s clear to see that he puts in the work to master his craft and no one does it better IMO.
Well... basically... we feel that the pay that he has coming is fair.

His money is guaranteed this year, and the future years... while not guaranteed, are obtainable. If Hoard did not think those club option years weren't fair, he should not have signed the contract.

The contract would have been honored per the CBA agreed on by players and the league.
My point is that all teams make contacts that they know are essentially three year deals all the time. Even though on paper they are five year deals. X is kind of getting hosed. He’s earned 32mil with potential to earn 83mil if he plays out his contract. Jones has earned 42mil with the potential to earn 97mil if he plays out his contract. Ramsey has earned 49mil with the potential to earn 137mil if he plays out his contract. I don’t think that he’s wrong.

My point is that all teams make contacts that they know are essentially three year deals all the time. Even though on paper they are five year deals. X is kind of getting hosed. He’s earned 32mil with potential to earn 83mil if he plays out his contract. Jones has earned 42mil with the potential to earn 97mil if he plays out his contract. Ramsey has earned 49mil with the potential to earn 137mil if he plays out his contract. I don’t think that he’s wrong.
X signed his contract without gun to head. Who's fault he didn't get more?

Exactly. They can resign X to a contract that pays him more and saves us money against the cap this season. People see his contract and don’t take into consideration that he’s actually making 12mil per season. Which isn’t anywhere near the top 5 in CB salary. I personally expect him to continue on his record pace. And I would prefer to see him do that in Miami. I don’t understand why everyone turned on this guy. He plays hard, trains hard, and delivers on game day.

"... and delivers on game day."

Like notes from the doctor sayin little x'e is sicky poo for this game.

" ... sicky poo for this game" could also be applied to what he is doing with his current contract debacle - LOL

How does that money look when you factor in all of the games that Hoard misses?

Does this not bring down the money/game numbers to about the same amount?

X signed his contract without gun to head. Who's fault he didn't get more?
It is a prove it contract. He proved it. Now is when he gets more. I think he’s worth 5 years 90mil. He will get that somewhere. I hope it’s here.

"... and delivers on game day."

Like notes from the doctor sayin little x'e is sicky poo for this game.

" ... sicky poo for this game" could also be applied to what he is doing with his current contract debacle - LOL
I don’t place a lot of stock in the games he missed during the “tank for Tua” season. I’m sure the team was happy to give other guys the experience. The way X trains is impressive. He obviously work hard to stay on the field and improve his technique. The year prior to that and last season he was the best player on the team by a landslide. Imagine Dion in his prime. Or at least Ty Law. Who I think he is better than. And it’s not just what he brings to the field. He shows the entire secondary how they should be training and studying film. I keep going back to what he said during the season about how he is still improving. He is going to continue to be the best CB in the league. It would be foolish to be stubborn.

How does that money look when you factor in all of the games that Hoard misses?

Does this not bring down the money/game numbers to about the same amount?
Probably. But the production is still heavily favoring X. So would you rather over pay for mediocre play or pay for the best CB in the league? At this point I think it’s safe to say that he’s on a level playing field with the injuries. They seem to be behind him.

Don't the players know this as well? Of course they do.

Howard could have opted to become a FA, but knew his injury history was a big factor in his value on the open market at that time.

How can you now say it wasn't fair? He obviously felt it was the best deal he could get at the time. You make your choices in life, and often have to live with some of the consequences.

If I make a $hitty deal financing a house, I can't go back and fight with my mortgage company because the interest rate is now lower.

Don't the players know this as well? Of course they do.

Howard could have opted to become a FA, but knew his injury history was a big factor in his value on the open market at that time.

How can you now say it wasn't fair? He obviously felt it was the best deal he could get at the time. You make your choices in life, and often have to live with some of the consequences.

If I make a $hitty deal financing a house, I can't go back and fight with my mortgage company because the interest rate is now lower.
You've never refinanced your house? I call BS!!

Back
Top Bottom