Benardrick McKinney restructure | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benardrick McKinney restructure

I understand the concept of setting a bad precedent with player contracts. And I respect that stance. I just don’t agree with trying to make X out to be a greedy, selfish, me first player. He has a great argument that he deserves a better deal. I think Darren Waller is in a similar predicament. And if the Raiders signed Hunter Henry for a million more per season he’d probably be sitting out too.
And THAT is where we disagree.

I believe in honor, and following what you've agreed to do.

He doesn't.

If Byron Jones was Ramsey then I don’t think X would give a **** that he makes a little less. I don’t think that he likes being underpaid so they can overpay a player at the same position. It’s difficult for me to find fault in that.

When you start having problems with the kicker being paid. That’s a problem and it’s called being a total a$$

He doesn't.
Hey FD happy Sunday. Can you do me a favor and define 'honor' in the sense you hold near and dear to it with contracts. And define it for both parties please. Be specific, no generalities. I'm still trying to understand the core of you stance.

My only concern is this.

Baker, Sanders, Mckinney all go on to have career years.

Based on giving a little extra to Howard.. why would every other player on the team not feel they could get a little bit more every season they play good?

Way to soon for just a little more.

If that's the case, Miami might as well just do 2 year contracts and do extensions based on that first year.

With all their 1 and 3 yr contracts that may be their goal actually lol
The difference is you can find other good LBs etc. So if everyone was to come w their hat out, you’d tell them to take a dump in it.

He doesn't.
If X was injured in game 2 last season, he would be cut right now. Earning $0 from his remaining contract. There is no honor for teams in the NFL. Where’s the honor in that?

The difference is you can find other good LBs etc. So if everyone was to come w their hat out, you’d tell them to take a dump in it.
While I agree, the issue is this has now created a problem where you are telling 51 other players they are not as important as the 52nd.

While that may be true, it's not smart when rebuilding a team, or trying to build a culture on a team

While I agree, the issue is this has now created a problem where you are telling 51 other players they are not as important as the 52nd.

While that may be true, it's not smart when rebuilding a team, or trying to build a culture on a team

If, in fact, 'everyone' knows this is a business, then the other players understand the situation. Neither Rowe, nor DVP, nor Ogbah are top 5 at their position and realize the difference - they're easier to replace.

Miami isn't the first team to rework a contract or trade a player and won't be the last. JMHO, X was sucked in by his agent who stroked his ego and fed him a line. I'm very interested what type of contract he's offered by other teams and what those teams offer Miami. All three entities - X, Miami, acquiring team - have to be happy with the deal. Not easy.

Hey FD happy Sunday. Can you do me a favor and define 'honor' in the sense you hold near and dear to it with contracts. And define it for both parties please. Be specific, no generalities. I'm still trying to understand the core of you stance.
Yet another concept you do not understand?........ Lol...kidding bro.

Back
Top Bottom