Benardrick McKinney restructure | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benardrick McKinney restructure

I just don't get hung up on the whole timing issue. I do think that pisses people off. It doesn't phase me in the least. I've reworked contracts in all phases. Sometimes even before it started and sometimes even after it was completed. It's not uncommon.

That's cool. It's not uncommon.

But are you as willing and unphased if the person you are reworking contracts with is bashing your company or employees and openly airing their dirty laundry to the whole community or world.

Sure you may rework it, but something tells me you have your limits and won't rework a contract every time.

What kind of contracts do you do by the way?

X realizes that he cannot or will not play out a long term contract. He has not proven to be durable. He wants a front loaded deal with guarantees, play a year or two more and then retire.
Our GM should play hardball. Both sides signed the current deal in good faith. He has earned a lot of money in his career for the number of snaps.

Along with signing two veterans Friday, the Dolphins also took care of some other business when they restructured the contract of inside linebacker Benardrick McKinney.

The move is listed on the transactions section of the team website.

While no details of the restructure have surfaced, logic dictates that it was done to free up some cap space as the Dolphins prepare to head to training camp.

Well... there we go.

I'm a bit surprised, but let's see if this leads to anything more than a minor signing.

I would hope at a minimum Eich and Long
I don't think we needed to do that... but maybe we did need a couple of million to get it done.

I'm dying to know how much money we kicked down to 2022 to do this. Surely, we didn't extend him, so I'm going to guess that it's a straight salary to bonus deal... but clearly, I've been wrong before. I didn't think this was real.

I don't think we needed to do that... but maybe we did need a couple of million to get it done.

I'm dying to know how much money we kicked down to 2022 to do this. Surely, we didn't extend him, so I'm going to guess that it's a straight salary to bonus deal... but clearly, I've been wrong before. I didn't think this was real.
I too am waiting for specifics. The whole appeal of Mckinney was that we weren't on the hook for anything. Now the restructure will tell what FloCo really thinks of him.

Good day brother. I believe the team was a couple of million short to sign them plus we need extra for injuries for the season. There could also be some cuts coming.

See I don't understand why he's not happy.

He has ZERO business worrying about what someone else makes.

Our society is starting to become way too envious is my opinion.

What Jones makes shouldn't concern him.

Jones and his agent negotiated a contract.

Howard and his agent negotiated a contract.

It's as simple as that. Howard has zero reason to be upset.

He had the opportunity to negotiate a higher contract. Now he's envious of a teammates contract.

When contracts and pay are negotiated you only have yourself to blame if you wind up being underpaid or paid less than u think you're worth

Maybe "X" should use Jones's agent - LOL

Good day brother. I believe the team was a couple of million short to sign them plus we need extra for injuries for the season. There could also be some cuts coming.
I understand the theory, but I generally disagree with it for a couple of reasons.

1) Unless the mid-season injury signing costs more than 850K, it does not impact your salary cap, because the signed player makes less money than your top 51.
2) That mid-season signing can likely be covered by those cuts that you mention. Grant and Fejedelem alone will bring us about 5M.

So, I'm left with the idea that maybe we needed a small amount of money to get Long and Eichenberg in... although I have read articles that said we likely had enough. I guess if we immediately sign a more expensive player... like say... Justin Houston... then this will make more sense to me.

I'm eager to see what happens next.

All I know is that if my job paid someone not as good as I am more money than me, id be asking for a raise and probably looking for another job if they refused.

In the NFL you cant just quit and go to another team. So you're left with a hold out.

There is no law against being stupid; ask "X" - LOL

There is no law against being stupid; ask "X" - LOL
I had a conversation with a conspiracy theorist today... and nothing that he said was illegal... just implausible and a bit well... crazy.

I understand the theory, but I generally disagree with it for a couple of reasons.

1) Unless the mid-season injury signing costs more than 850K, it does not impact your salary cap, because the signed player makes less money than your top 51.
2) That mid-season signing can likely be covered by those cuts that you mention. Grant and Fejedelem alone will bring us about 5M.

So, I'm left with the idea that maybe we needed a small amount of money to get Long and Eichenberg in... although I have read articles that said we likely had enough. I guess if we immediately sign a more expensive player... like say... Justin Houston... then this will make more sense to me.

I'm eager to see what happens next.
I would like Houston as well.

Yeah, that's really it for me, plus the precedent it would set so early in a contract.

I truly believe you should and could ask for what you're worth.

I just also believe in what's right is right and handle things appropriately.

He got what he is worth when he signed the contract and needs to wait for his contract to run out or ask to be traded.

In a way, he just asked to be traded - what a "genius" - LOL

Back
Top Bottom