bengals are gonna rest their starters last gave vs ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bengals are gonna rest their starters last gave vs ravens

CorduroyG

Rookie
Reaction score
they basically got the 3 seed locked up. hopefully they still got a shot at the 2 seed going into that game but i doubt it. we need to be 1 game up on baltimore going into that last game cuz theres a good chance the bengals tank that game.

they can get the 2 seed, I doubt they would rest when winning could mean getting rest the following week and having a bye to the div rd.

It could happen if they cannot catch NE or stay ahead of them.

We need cincy to within 1 game of New England.. If we beat New England they definitely will. If not there is a chance they may be locked in to the 3 seed...

NE may very well lose it's next 2 games meaning the Bengals would be in the 2 seed discussion if that occurs. It's to early to tell what may or may not happen in week 17.

I dont think they would want to play the ravens on back to back weeks, and allow there division rival back into the playoffs!

If we beat new England this weekend, the Bengals could have something to play for. In fact, if we beat New England and then Baltimore beats them, the Bengals DEFINITELY will have something to play for. So basically... we MUST win this week. Everyone talks about must win games... this is as must win as it gets.

which is why beating NE next week is very, very important. Not only for our playoff hopes, but also to keep the Bengals honest heading into week 17

Excellent point. Assuming the Dolphins can beat the Patriots, we need the Bengals to win at the Steelers. This gives the Bengals the tiebreaker for the #2 seed over the Patriots based on their head-to-head win.

they basically got the 3 seed locked up. hopefully they still got a shot at the 2 seed going into that game but i doubt it. we need to be 1 game up on baltimore going into that last game cuz theres a good chance the bengals tank that game.

Doesn't Cincy hold the tiebreaker over New England? They are only 1 game behind them as well. If we take care of business I don't see them resting their starters unless New England loses two in a row.

Doesn't Cincy hold the tiebreaker over New England? They are only 1 game behind them as well. If we take care of business I don't see them resting their starters unless New England loses two in a row.

They would hold the tiebreaker if they beat them (my bad they did beat them already). . . which is why this "theory" is way too premature.

Plus Cincy was in a similar situation a few years ago vs. the Jets and rested their starters . . . the Jets beat them and then beat them the next week. It would be the same situation with the Ravens.

ok first off ravens r 2 games behind the bengals and if the bengals lose @ pittsburgh sunday which is very possible assuming somehow ravens win their next two.....they beat bengals week 17 they win the division...............so a loss against pittsburgh is what we really need

Back
Top Bottom