bengals are gonna rest their starters last gave vs ravens | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bengals are gonna rest their starters last gave vs ravens

Another good thing is that the Bengals have a 1:00 o'clock game. Which means they won't be able to "watch and see" the Patriots week 17 to make a decision if they were 1 game back OR tied with New England. Pretty much we will know by the end of week 16

Dont be so sure! There are flex games remember?

That Baltimore loss stung the moment I watched the kick sail and I think it's stinging more every day. When you're chasing Wild Cards, the Conference games are almost more important than Division games.

While I didn't have a crystal ball, we all knew where this group's postseason goals lay; playoffs. As so important as the Indy win was.... the Baltimore loss is just as impactful. The Steelers win softens the blow a bit, but not as much as one thinks. We could have lost to the Steelers and beat the Ravens and been in control of the Wild Card. We needed to beat Pitt and Balt and this whole season would have a completely different meaning right now. But of the two, the Ravens was the win we needed.

But, enough about that.... we must win out and hope the Ravens stumble.

And I actually prefer the Patriots having Gronk as opposed to not. The Patriots are at their best when they have the fewest weapons. This staff better bring their "A" game.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

you play to win the game!!!

hello!

i dont see the bengals resting there players, bc assuming they win next 2 games, they will deff have a shot at the 2nd seed going into week 17.

i guess they would rest there starters only if they win next 2 and pats lose next 2, meaning they would clinch 2nd seed based on tiebreaker over pats.

we need to take care of our own business. bottom line.

We really need to beat NE. Not only to keep pace with Baltimore, but to keep Cincy's hopes for the #2 seed alive. If we win this week and Baltimore and cincy win, we are looking at
Ne 10-4
Cincy 10-4
Baltimore 8-6
Miami 8-6.
That would pretty much mean that no matter what happened the next week cincy would still be in the hunt for the #2 seed. We need that. But lets just all root for the Lions instead of all that crap!! Go Detroit!!!!

Not sure why everybody is overlooking Baltimore@Detroit. Baltimore is 1-5 on the road (with the lone win against us).
Detroit will be sharp at home on Monday Night and put a licking on Baltimore. We just have to take care of our own business.

Detroit is even more inconsistent than we are. I don't trust them one bit. They are never an easy win but have taken losses this year that they should have had no business taking...again kind of like us.

ahhh thank you packers for getting the w yesterday...should make for a surpremely motivated detroit team next monday night at home vs the ravens...

That Baltimore loss stung the moment I watched the kick sail and I think it's stinging more every day. When you're chasing Wild Cards, the Conference games are almost more important than Division games.

While I didn't have a crystal ball, we all knew where this group's postseason goals lay; playoffs. As so important as the Indy win was.... the Baltimore loss is just as impactful. The Steelers win softens the blow a bit, but not as much as one thinks. We could have lost to the Steelers and beat the Ravens and been in control of the Wild Card. We needed to beat Pitt and Balt and this whole season would have a completely different meaning right now. But of the two, the Ravens was the win we needed.

And I actually prefer the Patriots having Gronk as opposed to not. The Patriots are at their best when they have the fewest weapons. This staff better bring their "A" game.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

hello!

Yea, we have several really bad losses, and by bad I mean extremely avoidable. Not just almost making a really tough play at a crucial point or the like, I'm talking mind boggling incompetence. This is an ongoing franchise tradition at this point for some reason. I can't remember how the Ravens game played out, only that its ingrained in my head as the most winnable implosion. To me, this win @ Pittsburgh was huge. I was in a state of disbelief for a bunch of the game. On the road. Tough environment ALWAYS @ Pitt, and that's before you add fairly heavy snow. Tannehill literally had not played a game in significant snow. I give the team credit most weeks and I tell whomever will listen that the dolphins are capable of beating anyone, which I believe to be true 95% of the time. This scenario at Pitt in snow did not feel like a winnable game once their offense got rolling. Somehow we avoid our usual quarter and a half hibernation stage and just keep fighting. Realize this is defacto elimination game for Pittsburgh. EVERYTHING in their favor. This is the first time our team under this regime has won this type of game, everything riding on it. The steelers fought and hit like hell too, usually we fold there. I don't think the importance of this win can be overstated, yet you're still correct on the Baltimore loss. Also gotta point out the Gronk bit is nonsense. I'm ABSOLUTELY fine with him being OUT.

hello!

Should've, would've, could've. Wasted energy and time thinking of that. It sucks ravens pulled out win against vikings, but it happened. Plus, I still feel or felt that ravens are going to atleast lose one game still, maybe two. The vikings game was one that I felt the ravens were going to win anyway. The losses I felt were going to come from Patriots, and perhaps lions. This is a desperate lions team who is a passing team and definitely better at home. The ravens are not nearly as good away either. The Blizzard effected the lions more, because they are a passing team. The lions will be at home in a dome, perfect situation for them to really air it out against ravens and not have weather conditions minimize it. And what the hell are you talking about the Pats are at their best when they have the fewest weapons. No just look at the stats and wins and Bradys play when he has gronk. Their endzone efficiency is so much better when they have gronk in, which is huge as the more fgs we can force the pats into kicking instead of tds, the better.

The pats are better when they have all their players and weapons, but they can and still win even when top players are injured, because they have a great qb, and great coach and team with leadership who know how to get the job done. They win not because them with less weapons makes them better, but because they are a good team who knows how to find ways to compensate without them due to Brady. The patriots are not at their best when they lose their targets they just find ways to get the job done regardless. There is a difference. Look at this season, they didn't have vereen or the same talent against fins earlier this season and fins had a lead, but then pats squeeked out a win with help from refs. Last season, end of game with pats against dolphins, the pats had gronk and welker, etc, and what happened? They fricking crushed our team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've, would've, could've. Wasted energy and time thinking of that. It sucks ravens pulled out win against vikings, but it happened. Plus, I still feel or felt that ravens are going to atleast lose one game still, maybe two. The vikings game was one that I felt the ravens were going to win anyway. The losses I felt were going to come from Patriots, and perhaps lions. This is a desperate lions team who is a passing team and definitely better at home. The ravens are not nearly as good away either. The Blizzard effected the lions more, because they are a passing team. The lions will be at home in a dome, perfect situation for them to really air it out against ravens and not have weather conditions minimize it. And what the hell are you talking about the Pats are at their best when they have the fewest weapons. No just look at the stats and wins and Bradys play when he has gronk. Their endzone efficiency is so much better when they have gronk in, which is huge as the more fgs we can force the pats into kicking instead of tds, the better.

The pats are better when they have all their players and weapons, but they can and still win even when top players are injured, because they have a great qb, and great coach and team with leadership who know how to get the job done. They win not because them with less weapons makes them better, but because they are a good team who knows how to find ways to compensate without them due to Brady. The patriots are not at their best when they lose their targets they just find ways to get the job done regardless. There is a difference. Look at this season, they didn't have vereen or the same talent against fins earlier this season and fins had a lead, but then pats squeeked out a win with help from refs. Last season, end of game with pats against dolphins, the pats had gronk and welker, etc, and what happened? They fricking crushed our team.

This IS a Diffrent Miami Dolphins Team than the one the pats faced in the first game ,We Have Gotten Better on BOTH SIDES of the ball , and i think Sunday the Pats ARE in TROUBLE ..

This IS a Diffrent Miami Dolphins Team than the one the pats faced in the first game ,We Have Gotten Better on BOTH SIDES of the ball , and i think Sunday the Pats ARE in TROUBLE ..

All I know is that the dolphins play calling has to be creative and things set up like the steelers game, which will open up the run game for fins and passes. Doing this will help fins continue the pts that they need. If fins do this and their offense performs like they did against steelers here against the pats beat up defense, they can definitely win. The one thing is fins have to definitely tighten up much more on defense though and hopefully not play like they did against steelers. Too many pts and big plays allowed. Brady will kill the fins even without Gronk if they allow big plays like they did against Big ben and the steelers. They esp have to play much better against the run, as that's what killed fins last game. Brady didn't pass well, but fins got ran over earlier in the season.

baltimore will be 7-8, going into week 17. so it really doesn't matter. and if miami is also 7-8, going into week 17, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

We may be a better team, but remember that the New England team we faced essentially spotted us two scores as a head start before beating us. I don't think they will do that this time around. Plus our biggest play that game came from a guy whose not likely to be able to play more than 1 quarter before leaving again.

We may be a better team, but remember that the New England team we faced essentially spotted us two scores as a head start before beating us. I don't think they will do that this time around. Plus our biggest play that game came from a guy whose not likely to be able to play more than 1 quarter before leaving again.

It seems unlikely to happen again. But yet it doesn't sound so crazy that pats won't spot fins two scores again considering the past three weeks they have spotted teams two scores or more. I mean they allowed the Browns to be up most of the game, and look at the texans they spotted pts in the beginning of the game. If they spot them pts, I don't see why fins cant get up on the pats too. Though this won't matter if fins can't hold the lead.

Back
Top Bottom