Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow?

Cincy will not pass on Burrow.

Burrow will not refuse to play for Cincy.

Miami will not offer 4 #1's for Burrow. (Has there ever been a trade where 4 #1's went to another team? Or even 3? What did the Cowboys get for Walker?)

All this speculation and made up 'reports' are to generate web traffic and nothing more.

TFK

The Redskins traded 3 1st round picks to the Rams for the 2nd overall pick in 2012. Redskins had the 6th overall.

I just can’t imagaine a scenario where Cincinnati signs up to possibly take themselves out of the QB sweepstakes.

no matter what haul they bring in, I’d be severely shocked if they move to #5 overall and put themselves in a position to miss out on a QB

What’s cincy gonna do when burrow, tua, Herbert are off the board before #5? Unless they love love, hurts, Fromm which I just don’t believe they value those guys over what they have the potential to grab.

1. Cincinnati wants to see what teams will offer.
2. Burrow has said privately to his agent no way to Cincinnati, and this is to get trade talks started, and Cincy is trying to save face...'we always liked Herbert better'
I do not feel we can overpay; too many holes to fill.
If Burrow does not want CN, then the ask price for a trade-up should go down

Alright, I did a mock on 1st pick where I traded all 3 1sts this year and 1 next year for Burrow

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Traded 39 for 52, 84, 104

52. Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU

56. Ashtyn Davis, FS, Cal

70. Lucas Niang, LT, TCU

84. Jeremy Chinn, SS, Southern Illinois

104. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

141. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College

153. Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

154. Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon

173. Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky

And the rest didn't matter. Can still put together a great draft. If you think Burrow is your guy you've put yourself in position to make the move

Whatever new and creative way that Cincinnati finds to screw up their #1 draft pick

plays PERFECTLY into the Dolphins draft.

Either Herbert, Tua or Burrows falls to them at 5...

or there is a wild race with teams trading up

& we get one of the best 2 DE's in the draft,

then Greir can trade up for whichever one of those 3 is still there after 6

Stay at 5. I dont see much difference between an injury prone Tua, Herbert, Burrow on an elite team.

How would Burrow look on, say, Kansas State?

Any of them would be stupid to allow themselves to go to Cincinnati. Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton couldnt do much in Cincy, how would anyone else?

If Im Burrow, Tua or Herbert im telling my agents to tell Cincy not to dare draft me.

Stay at 5

Alright, I did a mock on 1st pick where I traded all 3 1sts this year and 1 next year for Burrow

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Traded 39 for 52, 84, 104

52. Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU

56. Ashtyn Davis, FS, Cal

70. Lucas Niang, LT, TCU

84. Jeremy Chinn, SS, Southern Illinois

104. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

141. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College

153. Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

154. Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon

173. Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky

And the rest didn't matter. Can still put together a great draft. If you think Burrow is your guy you've put yourself in position to make the move

Thats not terrible. Got our QB, C, RB, OG and potentially LT. I think Lemieux and Clyde could start.

4 first round picks seems a bit too rich for even me. I'd much rather just send 2 firsts and a 2 seconds to Detroit for Tua.

Stay at 5. I dont see much difference between an injury prone Tua, Herbert, Burrow on an elite team.

How would Burrow look on, say, Kansas State?

Any of them would be stupid to allow themselves to go to Cincinnati. Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton couldnt do much in Cincy, how would anyone else?

If Im Burrow, Tua or Herbert im telling my agents to tell Cincy not to dare draft me.

Stay at 5
Well, nobody "wants" to go there. Somebody has to though.

But it appears at least some inside the Bengals organization are bigger fans of Oregon’s Justin Herbert.

That’s according to NBC Sports’ Peter King, who dropped that nugget of info into his weekly column after floating the idea of the Dolphins trading four first-rounders to the Bengals in exchange for the top pick so that Miami could grab Burrow. “I’ve heard there are some inside the Bengals who are true believers in Herbert, and if so, such a deal could be intelligent for Cincinnati,” King wrote. “But we’ll see how it goes.

Burrow has the toughness and ability and mental acuity to be a very good long-term quarterback.” Considering how well-regarded Burrow is, it would be one of the biggest draft day stories in years if the Bengals passed on him. But because of how highly Burrow is thought of, the Bengals probably could get a borderline unprecedented haul in return for the No. 1 pick this year. So, if some in that organization really are bullish on Herbert, they could get him later on while upgrading other areas with the return for the top pick. Fun stuff.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/04/nfl-rumors...s-in-this-qb-prospect-and-its-not-joe-burrow/

If there's any truth to this (I doubt it), Cincy won't move below #5 if the target is Herbert, and maybe not as low as #5. So the obvious first question is, if Cincy wants Herbert, what are their choices? Well, take herbert at #1, or, trade to #3,4,5 (the Skins have no incentive to trade). Now the question is, what will those 3 teams do? Would any of them jump on Burrow? If so, how would that affect Tua?

I don't see Cincy in the driver's seat in this. If they move down to get Herbert, AND if they move to far, a team DET may decide Burrow is too good to pass up. Same with NYG. Or, maybe Miami could trade with WASH for #2 or DET at #3 and still get Burrow. Cincy can't ask for a king's ransom without risk of losing Herbert.

So the question for all teams between #2 and 35 is if Cincy moves down, what will the other team's do? Stick with Young and Okudah? Jump on the draft's best QB? Trade with #6? I don't see a move up costing as much as some are offering?

Cincy is dumber than us.... but I still doubt they will trade out of #1 unless it's a team offering something that would make them even dumber than they themselves.

If we lose four firsts for Tua I might lose my mind and have to be committed. I prefer burrow but still not at that price.

Cincy is dumber than us.... but I still doubt they will trade out of #1 unless it's a team offering something that would make them even dumber than they themselves.

If we lose four firsts for Tua I might lose my mind and have to be committed. I prefer burrow but still not at that price.

So, Cincy drafts Burrow and Miami drafts Herbert. Now Cicny wants to trade for Herbert and get rid of a guy who won't play in Cincy. Which team has the leverage?

Back
Top Bottom