Best Article on AJ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Article on AJ

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Show me one FACT finatic ONE! All of it is OPINION, your s and people who feel the way you do! I ask again, what facts about you, FACTS you know those things that are not debateable, says that your opinion is more viable than anybody elses. You belittle the move yet offer no viable alternative. Guess what I want Ben Roethlisberger and if Rick doesnt get him he suks. That is what you sound like.

You guys are so blind. Let me help you see the light:

FACT: Feeley only has 13 career starts between college and Pro

FACT: He is a third stringer.

FACT: He has only won four games all against losing teams

Doesn't seem so hard to see to me. But I guess you have to want to see it. Take off those orange and aqua glasses all shall be made clear.

I am still waiting for one factual argument as to why this is a good deal. Remember FACTS. I have been asking for several days and all I hear is people talking about is potential. Well there is a whole lot of potential out there we coudl have chosen from.

The guy didn't even come cheap.

So please tell me why AJ the Waterboy is a great deal??

Originally posted by fin-atic

You guys are so blind. Let me help you see the light:

FACT: Feeley only has 13 career starts between college and Pro

FACT: He is a third stringer.

FACT: He has only won four games all against losing teams

Doesn't seem so hard to see to me. But I guess you have to want to see it. Take off those orange and aqua glasses all shall be made clear.

All of which proves NOTHING. I've got news for you. Every QB starts he pro career with ZERO pro starts. To use that as proof of anything is ridiculous. BTW, before they were starters, they weren't.

Why would you use the fact that he has only won four games as an argument against him? He only played in five. You can only play who is on the schedule.

I am still waiting for one factual argument as to why this is a good deal. Remember FACTS. I have been asking for several days and all I hear is people talking about is potential. Well there is a whole lot of potential out there we coudl have chosen from.

The guy didn't even come cheap.

So please tell me why AJ the Waterboy is a great deal??

No one, including you, can predict the future. If he produces, it is a good deal. If he flops, its not a good deal. All you can claim is that you believe that he will not be worth the trade. Nothing more.

What other potential is out there and how can prove that they will be better or will come cheaper?

Originally posted by finfan54

yeah, i cant even get through those articles cus i feel there is a pipeline to Rikwriters house or somethin.

My bottom line on this whole thing is that Spielman is truly showing some balls on this and i kinda like that. but thats just me. I know that feeley is a cool customer and can manage the game (seeing it through the eyes of coaches and philly fans). Well, i think this is the ultimate way to find out just how cool he is.
Agreed on ALL of your post.

I fyou are going on just potential I go with Rivers or Henson. If I am going for proven I go with Brunell, Warner, or Garcia.

Face it Rivers has more actual starts then Feeley does, I hardly can call the four games of NFL a "decisive" edge for Feeley.

Plus the upside on talent seems to be heavy in Rivers favor.

But if I have to win now, I go get Warner or Garcia.

See...that wasn't so hard was it?

All of these options are BETTER than Feeley. At least they would have made sense.

I fyou are going on just potential I go with Rivers or Henson. If I am going for proven I go with Brunell, Warner, or Garcia.

Face it Rivers has more actual starts then Feeley does, I hardly can call the four games of NFL a "decisive" edge for Feeley.

Plus the upside on talent seems to be heavy in Rivers favor.

But if I have to win now, I go get Warner or Garcia.

See...that wasn't so hard was it?

All of these options are BETTER than Feeley. At least they would have made sense.

Okay your option for proven is to pick up someone who either:

- was beaten out by a rookie, and is old and injury prone (Brunell)
- has lost 9 consecutive games and lost his job to someone who had no more NFL experience than Feeley (Warner)
- has performed poorly lately and lost their job to another unknown (Garcia)

Two of the 3 teams you referred to just demoted their former starter (who you want) for a player that resembles the player we got. The other lost out to a ROOKIE.

You're right, its real clear now :lol:

You also have no idea if Rivers will be a successful pro, or how much any of the others you mention will cost.

BTW, you left out any proof.

Why don't you just give up and admit that all of your comments are simply your opinion. You are entitled to it.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

All of which proves NOTHING. I've got news for you. Every QB starts he pro career with ZERO pro starts. To use that as proof of anything is ridiculous. BTW, before they were starters, they weren't.

Why would you use the fact that he has only won four games as an argument against him? He only played in five. You can only play who is on the schedule.

No one, including you, can predict the future. If he produces, it is a good deal. If he flops, its not a good deal. All you can claim is that you believe that he will not be worth the trade. Nothing more.

What other potential is out there and how can prove that they will be better or will come cheaper?

I think what upsets finatic [as does myself] is the terms of the deal. pretty steep for a highly unproven 3rd string QB Not opinion)that as all indications are, is to be our starter. also, the reason for selecting him over any other [4th qtr rating] is rather dubious in its own right. i'm not against Feeley being here at all cuz I've seen alot worse, but we could have done just as well with a FA signee next week w/o a 3mil bonus and a salary arounf 5-600K. But to be quite honest, considering total nFL experience, it wouldn't be much different starting a rook in that there wouldn't be a whole lot of dropoff likely and we wouldn't be burdened with this contract down the road, altho I do expect it to be heavily backloaded. But that makes little difference as far as future cap is concerned tho.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I think what upsets finatic [as does myself] is the terms of the deal. pretty steep for a highly unproven 3rd string QB Not opinion)that as all indications are, is to be our starter. also, the reason for selecting him over any other [4th qtr rating] is rather dubious in its own right. i'm not against Feeley being here at all cuz I've seen alot worse, but we could have done just as well with a FA signee next week w/o a 3mil bonus and a salary arounf 5-600K. But to be quite honest, considering total nFL experience, it wouldn't be much different starting a rook in that there wouldn't be a whole lot of dropoff likely and we wouldn't be burdened with this contract down the road, altho I do expect it to be heavily backloaded. But that makes little difference as far as future cap is concerned tho.

The dropoff is significant if you are comparing starting a rookie over someone who has already been in the league a couple years in some capacity...especially with starts and preseason game time.

The terms are not that steep if you consider he was brought in to start.....he didn't get Mark Brunell salary either. The eagles were not going to give him up for a 2nd round pick last year when the Jets offered.

Highly uproven 3rd string? That is your opinion. Obviously Rick Spielman has scrutinzed every game/play that Feeley has been involved in.
We as fan only see a small slice of the pie and assume the worst?
I'll give the FO the benefit of the doubt for now.

Originally posted by Superself

The dropoff is significant if you are comparing starting a rookie over someone who has already been in the league a couple years in some capacity...especially with starts and preseason game time.

The terms are not that steep if you consider he was brought in to start.....he didn't get Mark Brunell salary either. The eagles were not going to give him up for a 2nd round pick last year when the Jets offered.

Highly uproven 3rd string? That is your opinion. Obviously Rick Spielman has scrutinzed every game/play that Feeley has been involved in.
We as fan only see a small slice of the pie and assume the worst?
I'll give the FO the benefit of the doubt for now.

My opinion? I don't think so, not even a little bit. I only stated something that is fact. That is unless "proven" means someone with a half dozen NFL games backing up the backup on a SB quality team. Then i would say that it is simply my opinion, simple or not. Til then, I reserve the right to have merely stated a fact. Sorry.

But the point i was getting about the drop off was that if we started a rook, then even b4 we're halfway into next season we'll be even keel again and since there is not alot to be expected from next season (this is MO, along with alot of others as well), there will be little lost. IMO, this let's our "win now" philosophy fly right out the window. Again, this is MO.

Soooooooooo those are your facts to prove he suks? Annnnnd I am Blind? LMAO! All that says is his experience is limited. You want to cling to him bein 3rd string even in the face of Philli fans telling you how it really is, so be it. If McNabb went out for any significant period, Feeley would have started not Koy.

Secondly you say facts but the crux of your argument is opinion laced with fatcs that prove nothing, therein you have no facts to back up your argument.

DeDolfan:

Well said. But you are wasting your time. This guy only sees the rainbows never the rain. Then he wonders why he has soggy feet.

There is a HUGE difference between bringing in playoff/Super Bowl tested/ League MVP type QBs instead of a third stringer. HUGE difference. Warner lost out to the Pro Bowl MVP, Hmm does that mean he is no good? No! It means Bulger is VERY good. And he is WAY better than Fielder or AJ Waterboy Feeley.

fin-atic:

Now you're a Warner fan? Haven't seen you carry that torch before.

When I look at Warner, I see a QB who, in his last 5 starts (as long as we're comparing with Feeley), has:

* 4 TDs and 10 interceptions;
* a staggering 11 fumbles lost;
* a QB rating in the 67-to 70 range; and
* in all probability, higher salary demands than Feeley.

Those are FACTS. Still think Warner is a clearly better choice?

And Henson would come cheap? Why is it thast some feel there is no risk w/ Henson even tho he hasnty played in 3 years, has not been hit in 3 years? Did you learn nothing from Hutchinson or Booty? Booty was one of teh most highly sought qbs coming out of HS and only furthered it the short time he was at LSU, then went to baseball and now is struggling to find a 3rd place job. ANymore talk of Hutch being Great? Oh Texans want a future second round pick, which is what we gave up for Feeley. Why is too much for Feeley but a good deal for a kid with 8 starts and hasnt played a down in 3 years and 0 NFL experience preseason or otherwise? Your argument is baseless, ridiculous and biased. All of which is fine if you would admit it. But stop trying to pretend you have proven beyond a shadowof a doubt the deal was bad, because you havent even scratched teh surface of proving anything.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Soooooooooo those are your facts to prove he suks? Annnnnd I am Blind? LMAO! All that says is his experience is limited. You want to cling to him bein 3rd string even in the face of Philli fans telling you how it really is, so be it. If McNabb went out for any significant period, Feeley would have started not Koy.

Secondly you say facts but the crux of your argument is opinion laced with fatcs that prove nothing, therein you have no facts to back up your argument.
"
1.What is "Opinion" aout how the Eagles depth chart reads in black and white? Maybe a few Eagles fans have OPINIONS about who they think would start, but none of them are tossing back a few brews with Andy Reid and have any clue what would happen.

2. What is "Opinion" about the number of games this guy has played?

3. What is "Opinion" about the record of his opponents and the caliber of competition he has faced?

Sure I have plenty of opinions too. But those FACTS make this a very risky, risky, move. And we just didn't need it at this time.

Where are your Facts as to why it is a good move????

Still waiting for that good fact based argument as to why this was the BEST move. I have been asking the suipporters of this trrade for three days and no one can give it.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
fin-atic:

Now you're a Warner fan? Haven't seen you carry that torch before.

When I look at Warner, I see a QB who, in his last 5 starts (as long as we're comparing with Feeley), has:

* 4 TDs and 10 interceptions;
* a staggering 11 fumbles lost;
* a QB rating in the 67-to 70 range; and
* in all probability, higher salary demands than Feeley.

Those are FACTS. Still think Warner is a clearly better choice?

He is not my first choice. Brunell was. And actually if I had to give you a pecking order, my choices would have been:

1. Brunell
2. Warner
3. Garcia
4. Ramsey
5. Feeley

And no matter who I had, I would draft Rivers or aquired Henson.

I think the Warnber stat is misleading. First of all he was injured for several of those starts. More importantly, Marshall Faulk was injured. There was no running game and defenses were teeing off on the QB. Bulger is younger more mobile he is able to buy time with his feet and make a few more plays. Then Faulk comes back and viola. Plus Bulger is just very, very good. I knew that he would be the start as soon as I saw him play the first game. He is deadly accurate and makes great decisions. I don't think the team or even Warner in his heart believed he should have been starting over Bulger. Besides all that MVP talent doesn't just go away. He isn't that old. He is now fully healed and has a chip on his shoulder. History has been kind to those kinds of players who are talented and have somethign to prove. We could get one very good year out of him and then move to the rookie.

So yes. I think Warner is a better choice with Rivers learning from him to take over the following year or year after. But we shoudl have pulled out the stops to get Brunell.

I actually would start Henson or Rivers ahead of Feeley even. His five games don't account for that much difference. And they both have more talent.

Still waiting for that good fact based argument as to why this was the BEST move. I have been asking the suipporters of this trrade for three days and no one can give it.

And I'm still waiting to hear what the best move would have been. It sure as heck isn't Kurt Warner.

Back
Top Bottom