Best Offense in the AFCE | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offense in the AFCE

Who has the best O

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I looked at Madisons number, he was very good, although Nate was a top four corner in the league last year, 6INT (1 for a TD) 5 Forced Fumbles, Two Fuble Recovery. I think he only had 1 100yds reciver against him too. And he'll be even better next year, since its a contract year (they usually play their asses off when the $$ is on the line)

You can tell me about the Jets WR' stil you're blue in the face. I still don't think they have anything on either of our two teams.

I'm outta here. Bedtime

Losman7 said:
I looked at Madisons number, he was very good, although Nate was a top four corner in the league last year, 6INT (1 for a TD) 5 Forced Fumbles, Two Fuble Recovery. I think he only had 1 100yds reciver against him too. And he'll be even better next year, since its a contract year (they usually play their asses off when the $$ is on the line)

You can tell me about the Jets WR' stil you're blue in the face. I still don't think they have anything on either of our two teams.

I'm outta here. Bedtime
:yes: to Madison. I've admitted that Nate Clements is very talented and is going to be something special. And you're a Bills fan... I'm a Dolphins fan. Am I going to argue or defend the Jets...? Of course not. :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Night man.

Losman7 said:
How can you have Saban ahead of anyone else at this point. He hasn't even had training camp yet. You have to earn the second ranking. Not saying he might not be a great coach down the road, but to put him at two is WAY premature, I mean, he could suck( I know you hate to hear it, but its true. There are no Guarantees)

Saban COULD suck but even if he turns into Wannstedt look at the coaching STAFF he assembled...they all have a proven track record in the league. The Phins have arguable the best offensive staff in all of football...even Wanny could'nt screw that one up.

Losman7 said:
How do you or the Jets have better Wideouts than the Bills? We had the #1 and the #4 guys in both TD's and Yards last season. Chambers has potential that he has yet to live up to, and counting on Boston to be anything like his former self at this point is nonsense. I know both teams have QB issue so we'll have to look past that (for sake of this exercise.)

I'd take the Patriots recievers over everyone else in the division. I am completly SHOCKED to hear a reciever comment from a Bills fan and not hear "Lee Evans is the best young reciever in football". Congrats on that...I did'nt want to have to make the list of better young recievers then him again.

Losman7 said:
The Cornerback thing is ridiculous also. There is no way you guys have the best. Sam Madison, at his best (7 years ago) wasn't better than Clements is now, and without Surtain he's gonna have even more trouble. And on the other side...?....nobody even knows who is gonna play the other side. You can't be the best without even knowing who you're #2 guy is .

When Sam was in his prime he was a top 3 corner. He was also an ALL PRO. Clements was a third alternate in the Pro Bowl in his best season. I know you'll say "Pro Bowl is all about reputation"...it may be true but if Clements ever makes it on to the roster without other players being injured I'm sure you'll crow about it. Clements is a good player but be somewhat objective.

Losman7 said:
I would have to put the Bills last at Qb right now also, I agree that Feeley played pretty bad last year, but he couldn't help but play better this year. He was a sitting duck without a RB or a real game plan. Losman could be better, but he could also be worse. No way of knowiung yet.

I agree with you on all of this. I think personally that Losman will start slow and get his feet by about week 8. I think this will sink the Bills. I see them making a late push but just missing the playoffs. They'll be a playoff team in '06 though. The AFC East is going to be a war in '06.

Losman7 said:
And The Bills should be #2 or maybe even #3 at RB. Dillon is the best in the division at this point (Willis could be by next year) And Curtis Martin looked pretty good, even though he's old.

This is a hard category to pick. Dillon is the best in the division but he is over 30 and has some miles on him. Martin has reached the age when a runner can go bad fast. McGahee has all the potential in the world but I'd like to see him play 16 games before I call him the next Jiim Brown.

The Phins...well....they have a good rookie and a guy who ran for over 3,000 yards in 2 seasons. You also have no idea what you'll get out of either of them at this point.

Losman7 said:
Oh, and the Bills have the best Punter. Check the Numbers

That's like saying "I'm the tallest midget"....

unifiedtheory said:
I was going to call it homerism gone wild.

I know some of us Phin fans get a little overboard with the homerism but the Bills fans go off the deep end with it...I read that McGahee is the #2 running back in all of football on this thread...that is just rediculous.

"Who's better?" is the next comment I am sure. Well:

L.T., Edge, Jamal Lewis, Alexander, Dillon, Portis, Fred Taylor, McCallister...

I'd like to see McGahee play....I dunno....a full season before I declare him the 2nd coming of Jim Brown.

The best offense in the AFC East? Anyone on this board who does'nt say the Patriots is being a homer. They have the best Q.B. in the game, a very underrated O-line, very good tight ends and a damn good group of recievers. Deion Branch has a Pro Bowl year this year...book it.

Sure McGahee needs to play a full season before he gets the nod,

but if you take his numbers from his 11 starts and average it over 16 games he'd have 1600 yards and 19TD's. That would be good enough for 4th in yards and first in Td's among running backs. He's the real deal, and he'll be better this year, he was playing at 85%-90% last year.

You think the Pats offense is going to have a good year without Weis?

I think they are going to be in alot of trouble, Belichick has NEVER had a 1000 yd rusher or 1000yd WR as a head coach without Weis. ever.

He has only had 1 winning season as a HC without those two coordinators on his staff (with the Browns), so any pats fan who tells you they aren't going to miss them is a fool. (Or just dosen't know how bad Belichick was before Weis and Crennel since there weren't many Pats fans before 2002)

MelbournePhin said:
i thought it was bedtime losman.

it was, and now it is. Had to respond to the Branch thing, since i feel so strongly that the Pats offense is going to struggle this year.

Losman7 said:
it was, and now it is. Had to respond to the Branch thing, since i feel so strongly that the Pats offense is going to struggle this year.

i hope you're right, i doubt you are though.

Losman7 said:
but if you take his numbers from his 11 starts and average it over 16 games he'd have 1600 yards and 19TD's. That would be good enough for 4th in yards and first in Td's among running backs. He's the real deal, and he'll be better this year, he was playing at 85%-90% last year.

That's a whole lot of if's....

U have the Phins ranked 3rd at RB?

Ricky - he'll weigh 225-230lbs when the season starts!
Brown
Gordon
Harris

rlcky the druggie quitter and a bunch of guys who havent done squat in the NFL? Sure we may have the Best potential at RB... If Ricky Gains 25 pounds and returns to form after a year off to slack around, or If our New high paid rookie Rb manages to perform better than he ever has. The only way we crack the top 2 in the division at RB rank is if both instances were to occur, becuase Martin,Dillon,and McGahee are practically all Elites.

Note that i said Rb was "a real tough one....So far."

Back
Top Bottom