Best Offense in the AFCE | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offense in the AFCE

Who has the best O

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dol_fan_81 said:
this thread embaresses me :shakeno:
i can't believe some of the sh*t you guys are coming out with

Seriously. It's one thing to defend your team. It's another to spout off uneducated, homer babble.

Without know our OL situation, I don't know how you guys can vote us #2 right now..I think TC and pregames will let us know more.

Losman7 said:
If we're allowed to assume things, than how do you rate the bills last. Assuming Losman can perform at least as good as Drew we would be 3rd, possibly second. And Since Parrish should pan out playing a 3rd wideout against mismatches we will have the best WR;s in the division, and since McGahee would have ran for around 1600 yards and 18TD's if he had played all season we would have had the most explosive running game as well.
Assuming Boston has 2309 yards, Feeley has 8000 passing yards, Brown has 3000 yards running, and the defense averages 3 points a game (and usually end up scoring a couple touchdowns a game from fumbles and pics), and Mare stats kicking 60 yard field goals, we will dominate the league. Oh yah, this isn't Madden is it?:goof:

nyjunc said:
1. Pats
2. Jets
3. Bills
4. Miami

-Brady has proven he can do it no matter who his weapons are.

-A healthy Pennington, the league's leading rusher, the return of Coles, the the emregence of a pass catching TE and a very good OL mean good things for the Jets O.

-IF losman can be respectable Buffalo will make a runb. They have an emerging force at RB and big time talent at WR. Evans is going to be difficult to handle.

-Miami has loads of skill players but no QB and a shaky OL PLUS Ricky's better days are behind him but I think Brown will be good, Boston & Booker better days are long behind them while Chambers has never seen a 1,000 yd season. If they had a good Ol and QB then I'd rank them higher but that holds them back.

I Agree with you about A.J Feeley, and the o-line, but You wish that Booker's best days were behind him, he'll bounce back next season, I think Boston could play great still, he's focused, and he's healthy and in good shape down to 233 which will hopefully put less strain on his ankles, therefore having a less chance of being injured. Last year was just a bad season, none of the miami players played as well as they could've, weak armed fiedler, no scheme, coaches having no idea what they are doing, swapping of qbs during mid season between Fiedler and Griese, Chambers got knocked out in 2002, with the blow to the head in the Denver game. He had a nice rookie season, and he is improving, the jury is still out on Chambers, You say Chambers dind't have 1,000 yds, he was 37 yds short, yet he had the third higheest TD rec in the league, only Randy Moss and Torry Holt had more. I thought TDs were important, did I miss something, 77 points provided to Miami, Chambers will breakout, will have a dangerous offense, I'm not sure about this season, because chemistry is just as important as talent, but they will be really good, McCareins is good, but is nothing special, Who is NY's tightend? Curtis Martin is a great rb, definitley, I don't know how much longer he's going to play well, though he's getting up there in age.

WitheringPlant said:
Assuming Boston has 2309 yards, Feeley has 8000 passing yards, Brown has 3000 yards running, and the defense averages 3 points a game (and usually end up scoring a couple touchdowns a game from fumbles and pics), and Mare stats kicking 60 yard field goals, we will dominate the league. Oh yah, this isn't Madden is it?:goof:

I wasn't the one busting out htpotheticals, thats why i quoted.

However, if you take the averages from the 11 games McGahee started and spread it over 16 games he would have had around those numbers, if he started from day one he could have lead the league in rushing.

Booker would be unbelievable at no.3 receiver, a former probowl no.1 receiver playing third?..Becuase he was put their by default because of a talented duo like Chambers and Boston. Most good no.3 are just that..a good no.3 receiver, not no.1 receiver. I could say more but I won't, don't feel like to, anways, Miami with the top offense, definitely have the talent to be tops in league also, but as far as the jets go in the AFC East they would be last.
Miam
Buffalo
N.E
Jets
Actually I'm not sure, The patriots could end up being the best on offense because of their qb though, I think Feeley will be fine, Losman will have his growing pains but he'll probably be good, Pennington's good also, but Brady is obviously the best qb in the division, so even though the Bills have a more talented receiving corps than the pats, the pats might have a better offense, or best offense this season in the division, becasue of Brady running it, as efficiently as he does. but as far as talent, Miami has the most talent at the receiver/TE positons.

Losman7 said:
I wasn't the one busting out htpotheticals, thats why i quoted.

However, if you take the averages from the 11 games McGahee started and spread it over 16 games he would have had around those numbers, if he started from day one he could have lead the league in rushing.
It was more the Drew thing. When I read it I thought you meant Drew Brees, which is just nonsense. Once my brain actually started working, I realized you meant Bledsoe...

WitheringPlant said:
It was more the Drew thing. When I read it I thought you meant Drew Brees, which is just nonsense. Once my brain actually started working, I realized you meant Bledsoe...

No. Bledsoe. He was horrible. We lost three game soley because of him. Everyone else did enough to win and he handed the other team the game.

First NE game, We have a chance to win, he blows it.

BAL, Four INT's in the Red zone

Pit, hands the ball off to the pitsburg defender for a TD and the lead.

The only game were he actually won the game was against you guys in miami. The best game of the year for him.

Wow... this is really tough question to answer. Especially considering, it's the AFC East. Well based on last season, here was the rankings:

New England Patriots
Total Offense: 7th
Passing Offense: 11th
Rushing Defense: 7th
Total Points Forced: 437 Total Points Scored

New York Jets
Total Offense: 12th
Passing Offense: 22nd
Rushing Defense: 3rd
Total Points Forced: 333 Total Points Scored

Buffalo Bills
Total Offense: 25th
Passing Offense: 26th
Rushing Defense: 13th
Total Points Forced: 395 Total Points Scored

Miami Dolphins
Total Offense: 29th
Passing Offense: 21st
Rushing Defense: 31st
Total Points Forced: 275 Total Points Scored

Now keep in mind Rankings are vastly overrated and they can at times be misleading... But I am amazed that our passing offense was better than the Bills and the Jets... LAST YEAR! Imagine with improved QB, Improved O-line, and a HEALTHY David Boston... That's asking for a lot, but it's possible. Just goes to show how much our running game lacked without Ricky Williams and with a terrible O-line. Now to sum this up.. here's my predictions.

Best Offense:
New England (Until proven other wise)
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo
Miami (Only for now... but we WILL prove otherwise.)

Best Defense:
N.Y Jets
Buffalo
Miami
New England

Coaching:
New England
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo
Miami ****EDITED**** Starting a world peace tour with Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, and New England Patriots fans... Nick Saban is cannot be placed higher than #4 in this division until proven otherwise. (I'm willing to accept that just to see the reactions once he starts coaching and winning games for us) anyone who thinks otherwise... like Nick Saban is better than Mike Mularkey or Herm Edwards, than apparently I think that's called being premature and speculative. :)

QB's:
New England
N.Y Jets
Buffalo (Question mark indeed)
Miami

RB's:
Buffalo
New York Jets (Curtis Martin will slow down but he did lead the league in rushing...)
Miami
New England -COLLAPSE COLLAPSE COLLAPSE the WHOLE TEAM please!!! :pray:

WR's:
Miami :yes:
Buffalo ****EDITED**** (I have arrived to a different conclusion after second thoughs.)
N.Y. Jets
New England (COLLAPSE!)

TE's:
Miami
New England
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo

O-Line:
N.Y. Jets
New England
Buffalo
Miami

D-Line:
New England
Miami
N.Y. Jets (Ferguson will hurt and I'm pretty sure Abraham retired....? or did he change his mind)
Buffalo (Not specular... loss of Pat Williams will hurt TREMENDOUSLY)

Linebackers:
Buffalo
N.Y. Jets
Miami
New England (without Bruschi... their LB core is depleted)

Safeties:
New England
Buffalo
N.Y. Jets
Miami

Cornerbacks:
Miami (I'm actually surprised.....)
Buffalo
New England
N.Y Jets

Kickesr:
New England
N.Y. Jets
Miami
Buffalo

Punters:
I'm tired.

painnotpleasure said:
Best Offense:
New England (Until proven other wise)
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo
Miami (Only for now... but we WILL prove otherwise.)

Best Defense:
N.Y Jets
Buffalo
Miami
New England

Coaching:
New England
Miami (Yeah, he's never coached a single game for us so call it a question mark if you must)
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo

QB's:
New England
N.Y Jets
Buffalo (Question mark indeed)
Miami

RB's:
Buffalo
New York Jets (Curtis Martin will slow down but he did lead the league in rushing...)
Miami
New England (COLLAPSE COLLAPSE COLLAPSE the WHOLE TEAM please!!! :pray:)

WR's:
Miami :yes:
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo
New England (COLLAPSE!)

TE's:
Miami
New England
N.Y. Jets
Buffalo

O-Line:
N.Y. Jets
New England
Buffalo
Miami

D-Line:
New England
Miami
N.Y. Jets (Ferguson will hurt and I'm pretty sure Abraham retired....? or did he change his mind)
Buffalo (Not specular... loss of Pat Williams will hurt TREMENDOUSLY)

Linebackers:
Buffalo
N.Y. Jets
Miami
New England (without Bruschi... their LB core is depleted)

Safeties:
New England
Buffalo
N.Y. Jets
Miami

Cornerbacks:
Miami (I'm actually surprised.....)
Buffalo
New England
N.Y Jets

Kickesr:
New England
N.Y. Jets
Miami
Buffalo

Punters:
I'm tired.

How can you have Saban ahead of anyone else at this point. He hasn't even had training camp yet. You have to earn the second ranking. Not saying he might not be a great coach down the road, but to put him at two is WAY premature, I mean, he could suck( I know you hate to hear it, but its true. There are no Guarantees)

How do you or the Jets have better Wideouts than the Bills? We had the #1 and the #4 guys in both TD's and Yards last season. Chambers has potential that he has yet to live up to, and counting on Boston to be anything like his former self at this point is nonsense. I know both teams have QB issue so we'll have to look past that (for sake of this exercise.)

The Cornerback thing is ridiculous also. There is no way you guys have the best. Sam Madison, at his best (7 years ago) wasn't better than Clements is now, and without Surtain he's gonna have even more trouble. And on the other side...?....nobody even knows who is gonna play the other side. You can't be the best without even knowing who you're #2 guy is .

I would have to put the Bills last at Qb right now also, I agree that Feeley played pretty bad last year, but he couldn't help but play better this year. He was a sitting duck without a RB or a real game plan. Losman could be better, but he could also be worse. No way of knowiung yet.

And The Bills should be #2 or maybe even #3 at RB. Dillon is the best in the division at this point (Willis could be by next year) And Curtis Martin looked pretty good, even though he's old.

Oh, and the Bills have the best Punter. Check the Numbers

Losman7 said:
How can you have Saban ahead of anyone else at this point. He hasn't even had training camp yet. You have to earn the second ranking. Not saying he might not be a great coach down the road, but to put him at two is WAY premature, I mean, he could suck( I know you hate to hear it, but its true. There are no Guarantees)

How do you or the Jets have better Wideouts than the Bills? We had the #1 and the #4 guys in both TD's and Yards last season. Chambers has potential that he has yet to live up to, and counting on Boston to be anything like his former self at this point is nonsense. I know both teams have QB issue so we'll have to look past that (for sake of this exercise.)

The Cornerback thing is ridiculous also. There is no way you guys have the best. Sam Madison, at his best (7 years ago) wasn't better than Clements is now, and without Surtain he's gonna have even more trouble. And on the other side...?....nobody even knows who is gonna play the other side. You can't be the best without even knowing who you're #2 guy is .

I would have to put the Bills last at Qb right now also, I agree that Feeley played pretty bad last year, but he couldn't help but play better this year. He was a sitting duck without a RB or a real game plan. Losman could be better, but he could also be worse. No way of knowiung yet.

And The Bills should be #2 or maybe even #3 at RB. Dillon is the best in the division at this point (Willis could be by next year) And Curtis Martin looked pretty good, even though he's old.

U might have the best punter i doubt it though cuz Turk is good but i like Moorman so yaa there u go u win but our team Overall is better

Losman7 said:

Saban being second is just what I think, people do tend to forget that he has NFL experience. And he's not bringing his college scheme to the NFL like Spurrer. He made his NFL scheme work in college... But this is something debatable that shouldn't even be discussed until after the season.

Not singnaling you out specifically on this... but the Jets got rid of Santana Moss who has been a disappointment in my opinion. I think Lavernius Coles who was much better than Santana Moss benefited them a lot more than Washington. I think he's going to be more effective in their passing game because he's a posesssion WR. And I think Justin McCareins is much better than he performed last season and that the Jets Offensive Coach was to blame. I think they're much better than they were last year... and with Mike Heimerdinger, it should make their passing game more effective, not to mention he has coached McCareins before in Tennessee. But this isn't about QB play and comparing Losman and Pennington or production... so I'm going to give you that too because it was so close I just went with the better QB which is what I shouldn't be doing so I'm editing and changing that. But as for us, I feel we have the most talent at WR's as anyone else in the division on paper with Chambers, Booker, and Boston (with McMichael to help the spread the field out and would help them the rest of the receivers). That's three potential Pro Bowlers right there, not to mention Scott Linehan is here which again an Offensive Coordinator I feel is going to make the difference in utlizing the talent.

As for CB huge question mark... other than Clements you guys are much better than us... or the Jets... or the pass. AFC East seems weak in CB's now with no more Ty Law or Patrick Surtain. I honestly think we had the most Depth at CB (with Will Poole) and kind of irrelevant but there's also a chance we might be signing McQuarters and I've heard Jets and Law rumors going for awhile.

And I find it ridiculous for you to say Sam Madison in his prime was never better than Clements... Sam Madison in his prime was Top 4 Best CB in the league at the least...

Jets have Abraham and Barrett. Nothing impressive. Patriots have Starks, Samuel, and Gay. Nothing spectacular there. Bills... Clements, extremely talented. McGee... great returner, average at best. He'd make a good nickel or dime but I don't think he should be coverving #2 WR's. And I remember you guys had a rookie CB last year, don't know much about him. Other than that, I can't even name any other CB's you have... that just shows how much lack of Depth you guys have because I usually am familar with almost every player on every team. We have Sam Madison. I'd still consider him Champ, McCalister, Surtain, and I'll humor you... Nate Clements... he still's a Top 5 best CB in the AFC. We have Reggie Howard (had a nice run with Carolina and went to SB just a few years ago), Will Poole (talented youthful CB with loads of potential... was just a very unfortuate injury), Mario Edwards (underachiever thus far in his career, but BIG CB with speed and if coached right can be an excellt nickel for us perhaps), and Travis Daniels (Rookie with a lot of upside, family with Saban's system). And RB... just too hard, there's too many good RB's in the AFC East. If it's pure talent, I think it's Buffalo. If it's DEPTH, I think it's us. If it's statically, it's Curtis Martin. If it's Superbowls, it's Corey Dillon. And as for Punters.... :sleep:

MelbournePhin said:
this thread has turned into mindless babble

I was going to call it homerism gone wild.

I know some of us Phin fans get a little overboard with the homerism but the Bills fans go off the deep end with it...I read that McGahee is the #2 running back in all of football on this thread...that is just rediculous.

"Who's better?" is the next comment I am sure. Well:

L.T., Edge, Jamal Lewis, Alexander, Dillon, Portis, Fred Taylor, McCallister...

I'd like to see McGahee play....I dunno....a full season before I declare him the 2nd coming of Jim Brown.

The best offense in the AFC East? Anyone on this board who does'nt say the Patriots is being a homer. They have the best Q.B. in the game, a very underrated O-line, very good tight ends and a damn good group of recievers. Deion Branch has a Pro Bowl year this year...book it.

Back
Top Bottom