Best QB fit for Chan Gailey’s Offense? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best QB fit for Chan Gailey’s Offense?

Jacob Eason is my vote. I'm a fan of 6' 6" in my quarterback. He can stretch the field as Chan Gailey likes to do. Let him watch Fitz in that offense for a year and he'll be a rock star.

FWIW, Mike Mayock rated Trubisky over Mahomes also. And Jeremiah ranked Trubisky and Kizer over Watson with Mahomes not even making the top 50 2017 plaqyers. So there's that too.
Blows my mind to this day...

Tua reminds me a little bit of Deshaun Watson coming out. Not because of their skill sets at all. But both were great college QBs who have just been over analyzed where teams create false narratives about the players which in term leads them to fall slightly in the draft. Both have shown out on the biggest stage in clutch situations. Tuas medical issues obviously throw an extra wrench in the situation. But This is by far the most interesting draft process ever

Jacob Eason is my vote. I'm a fan of 6' 6" in my quarterback. He can stretch the field as Chan Gailey likes to do. Let him watch Fitz in that offense for a year and he'll be a rock star.

You are aware the no 6'6" qb has ever been....good yeah?

Not a single one.

QB's coming from a 1 read style of play in college, will not last long in the NFL as a successful starter. Baker Mayfield is a prime example. Started off good then defenses figured out he is a 1 read QB. Once they took that away, he was terribly exposed this past season and he was not able to make adjustments to get better.

I would take a QB that can process quickly, get to the 2nd and 3rd read fast if the 1st is not there. Accuracy over arm strength all day long. I wouldn't care if a guy could throw the ball 80 yards down field, if he is not accurate it does not matter how far he can throw it.

In my opinion, read and recognition is one of, if not the most important qualities in a successful QB.

Eli Manning? Carson Palmer? Maybe Drew Bedsoe?

QB's coming from a 1 read style of play in college, will not last long in the NFL as a successful starter. Baker Mayfield is a prime example. Started off good then defenses figured out he is a 1 read QB. Once they took that away, he was terribly exposed this past season and he was not able to make adjustments to get better.

I would take a QB that can process quickly, get to the 2nd and 3rd read fast if the 1st is not there. Accuracy over arm strength all day long. I wouldn't care if a guy could throw the ball 80 yards down field, if he is not accurate it does not matter how far he can throw it.

In my opinion, read and recognition is one of, if not the most important qualities in a successful QB.
Great points.who is the pick at QB based on your beliefs?

Bakersfield real problem is leadership..he has skill to be one of top qb of future..
Also Bakersfield and browns problem are trying keep everybody happy on team. Still young team.

Back
Top Bottom