Best RB in the AFCE | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Based on what evidence? His career YPC is LOWER than Brown's. Brown is a much better receiver and a much better blocker, and a team player.

You seem to want to rate RB's purely on the number of carries they have gotten.
Brown gets more oppotunites to make receptions, that doesn't make him a better receiver; Willis never drops passes.

McGahee is a DAMN GOOD blocker; there is no way you can say he is much worse than Brown. If Brown can block so well, how come your QBs have been sacked so much more?

Have you ever seen a Bills game? McGahee can control the clock, pick up first downs, and wear down the other team. Look at each back's top 12 games:

McGahee:
150, 143, 140, 136, 132, 117, 116, 113, 111, 105, 102, 102

Brown:
132, 127, 106, 97, 95, 90, 70, 67, 64, 59, 58, 58

B-LO said:
Brown gets more oppotunites to make receptions, that doesn't make him a better receiver; Willis never drops passes.

By the same logic, McGahee gets more carries, that doesn't make him a better runner. Brown's career YPC is HIGHER than McGahee's. What don't you understand about that?

Willis has been a non-factor in the passing game for three seasons under two different HCs and OCs. Brown is on pace for 60 receptions this season. That is as many as McGahee has had in 2.5 seasons. I also watch the games. Brown is a better route runner and is very smooth catching the ball. McGahee catches nothing but duump off passes, and screen passes.

B-LO said:
McGahee is a DAMN GOOD blocker; there is no way you can say he is much worse than Brown. If Brown can block so well, how come your QBs have been sacked so much more?

McGahee is a good blocker when he feels like it (which is not too often). Most of the time, he isn't interested and doesn't put in enough effort. Brown is very good at it and consistently puts in the effort.

B-LO said:
Have you ever seen a Bills game? McGahee can control the clock, pick up first downs, and wear down the other team. Look at each back's top 12 games:

McGahee:
150, 143, 140, 136, 132, 117, 116, 113, 111, 105, 102, 102

Brown:
132, 127, 106, 97, 95, 90, 70, 67, 64, 59, 58, 58

Take a look at the performance of Brown and McGahee between the first half and second half. McGahee averages 4.2 YPC in the first half and 3.2 YPC in the second half. Does that sound like a RB that wears down the other team? Brown averages 3.5 YPC in the first half and 4.2 YPC in the second half.

McGahee:
1ST HALF 4.2
2ND HALF 3.2

Brown:
1ST HALF 3.5
2ND HALF 4.2

Also take a look at how their YPCs change by the number of carries in a game:

McGahee:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 4.1
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 3.8
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 2.4

Brown:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 3.3
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 4.4
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 5.1

McGahee's YPC goes DOWN, Brown's goes UP.

How about by which down it is?

McGahee:
FIRST DOWN 3.5
SECOND DOWN 4.4
THIRD DOWN 2.5
FOURTH DOWN 0.0

Brown:
FIRST DOWN 3.4
SECOND DOWN 4.4
THIRD DOWN 4.8
FOURTH DOWN 0.0

Brown is averaging nearly double the YPC on the critical third down runs.

Last two minutes of a half:

McGahee - 3.1 YPC
Brown - 5.7 YPC

What was your argument again? Are you sure you're not confusing the two RBs?

You also keep ignoring the fact that McGahee has only ONE TD this season. That came after a penalty gave the Bills another chance. McGahee had failed on 3rd and 1 the play before.

Since I live in Buffalo and watch the Bills every week, I can confidently say that I watch AT LEAST as many Bills games as you. I just do it without my red and blue glasses on.

BTW, the football lessons are free.

Ronnie Brown has three 100-yard games and only six where he has rushed for over 70. Why can't you get that into your head?

The only reason their YPC and all-purpose yards are even close this year is because, thus far, Miami has played against a bunch of crappy teams with awful run defenses (Buffalo, Tennesee, Houston, New York, GB) and Buffalo has played a bunch of winning teams with decent run defenses (NE, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit - not a good team, but a good run D).

And, of course Willis wear average less than Brown as the game goes on. Carrying the ball 27 times is a lot more strenuous than carrying it 15 times.

B-LO said:
Ronnie Brown has three 100-yard games and only six where he has rushed for over 70. Why can't you get that into your head?

The only reason their YPC and all-purpose yards are even close this year is because, thus far, Miami has played against a bunch of crappy teams with awful run defenses (Buffalo, Tennesee, Houston, New York, GB) and Buffalo has played a bunch of winning teams with decent run defenses (NE, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit - not a good team, but a good run D).

And, of course Willis wear average less than Brown as the game goes on. Carrying the ball 27 times is a lot more strenuous than carrying it 15 times.

Apparently reading and comprehension are not your strengths......

McGahee:

Brown:

McGahee's YPC goes DOWN, Brown's goes UP. Brown gets more effective with more carries, McGahee gets less effective with more carries. This destroys your whole argument about McGahee being the RB that wears teams down.

Why did you leave the NYJs off of the teams that McGahee has faced but list them on the teams that Brown has faced? Both Brown and McGahee averaged 5.8 YPC against the Jets. Both have also faced NE. GB has allowed a lower YPC than Detroit. You also left Pitt off the list of teams that Brown faced. But hey, why let facts get in the way?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Apparently reading and comprehension are not your strengths......

McGahee:

Brown:

McGahee's YPC goes DOWN, Brown's goes UP. Brown gets more effective with more carries, McGahee gets less effective with more carries. This destroys your whole argument about McGahee being the RB that wears teams down.

Why did you leave the NYJs off of the teams that McGahee has faced but list them on the teams that Brown has faced? Both Brown and McGahee averaged 5.8 YPC against the Jets. Both have also faced NE. GB has allowed a lower YPC than Detroit. You also left Pitt off the list of teams that Brown faced. But hey, why let facts get in the way?
Brown gets more effective with more carries, huh?

Do you think it's because you're always down late in games and that your opponents give up the run to kill the clock? Do you think it is b/c he doesn't carry the ball nearly as much as McGahee?

How does Brown even have enough games with 20+ carries to draw a reliable average? Guess what -- he doesn't. He only has FIVE GAMES IN HIS CAREER where he has gone over 20 carries.

Fine let's add the Jets and Pitts. games. McGahee had 150 against NY, and Brown had 30 against Pitts. I don't see how leaving those two games out helped or hurt my argument. McGahee played a bad run defense and did well, while Brown played a good run D and averaged 2 YPC. As for New England, McGahee averaged 3.5 and 3.0 in his two games while Brown averaged 2.3.

We'll see how close their numbers are after you guys begin the tough part of your schedule.

B-LO said:

Ummmmm....... yes! Aren't you glad I made it simple for you.

B-LO said:
Do you think it's because you're always down late in games and that your opponents give up the run to kill the clock?

Ummmmm........ exactly how often are the Bills winning? Why does trailing in a game only affect Brown?

The Fins haven't been trailing by a lot in any games this year. 11 points is their largest loosing margin this season and that came very late against the Steelers. The Bills, OTH, have been blown out twice. McGahee had 20 carries in one of those blowouts. McGahee should be the RB that has padded his stats with carries in garbage time.

B-LO said:
Do you think it is b/c he doesn't carry the ball nearly as much as McGahee?

We are talking about the comparisons when BOTH players get a high number of carries in the game. Is Willis the only back that gets tired?

B-LO said:
How does Brown even have enough games with 20+ carries to draw a reliable average? Guess what -- he doesn't. He only has FIVE GAMES IN HIS CAREER where he has gone over 20 carries.

We are only talking about this season. Willis has been over 20 carries three times this season. Brown has been over 20 carries twice this season. I think comparisons can be drawn.

YOU were the one that claimed Willis was the RB that wore teams down. You have no idea what you are talking about.

B-LO said:
Fine let's add the Jets and Pitts. games. McGahee had 150 against NY, and Brown had 30 against Pitts. I don't see how leaving those two games out helped or hurt my argument. McGahee played a bad run defense and did well, while Brown played a good run D and averaged 2 YPC. As for New England, McGahee averaged 3.5 and 3.0 in his two games while Brown averaged 2.3.

You don't see how they hurt your argument? Are you confusing yourself? Brown and McGahee have the same YPC. You tried to claim that Brown's YPC was only as good as McGahee's because he faced much weaker defenses. In attempting to prove that argument, you intentionally left off the good defenses that Brown faced and the bad defenses that McGahee faced. You also mistakenly assumed that GB has been worse against the run this season than Detroit.

Clear now?

B-LO said:
We'll see how close their numbers are after you guys begin the tough part of your schedule.

Every argument you have tried to make turns out to support Brown over McGahee. Aren't you getting tired of this?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Ummmmm........ exactly how often are the Bills winning? Why does trailing in a game only affect Brown?

The Fins haven't been trailing by a lot in any games this year. 11 points is their largest loosing margin this season and that came very late against the Steelers. The Bills, OTH, have been blown out twice. McGahee had 20 carries in one of those blowouts. McGahee should be the RB that has padded his stats with carries in garbage time.
The Fins have lost four (out of six) games by double digits. They have trailed by double digits in six (out of seven) games. They have TRAILED IN EVERY GAME THEY'VE PLAYED THIS YEAR. Buffalo has lost by double digits twice. Yeah, Brown has more opportunities to boost 4th quarter stats against teams who will let him run.

FinFanInBuffalo said:
We are talking about the comparisons when BOTH players get a high number of carries in the game. Is Willis the only back that gets tired?

We are only talking about this season. Willis has been over 20 carries three times this season. Brown has been over 20 carries twice this season. I think comparisons can be drawn.

YOU were the one that claimed Willis was the RB that wore teams down. You have no idea what you are talking about.
No, you don't. You can't draw comparisons on 20+ carry games when Brown has only had five in two seasons. It's like arguing about a punt returners when one has only returned a couple of punts and the other has been his team's main punt returner for three years.

B-LO said:
The Fins have lost four (out of six) games by double digits. They have trailed by double digits in six (out of seven) games. They have TRAILED IN EVERY GAME THEY'VE PLAYED THIS YEAR. Buffalo has lost by double digits twice. Yeah, Brown has more opportunities to boost 4th quarter stats against teams who will let him run.

Brown has only 17 4th quarter carries. Every one of those occurred when the Dolphins were within 7 points. That equal ZERO garbage time carries. ZERO.

McGahee has 11 carries in the 4th quarter when the Bills were behind by more than 7 points.

B-LO said:
No, you don't. You can't draw comparisons on 20+ carry games when Brown has only had five in two seasons. It's like arguing about a punt returners when one has only returned a couple of punts and the other has been his team's main punt returner for three years.

Please try to stay on topic. We are comparing their performance for this season.Willis has more than 20 carries JUST ONCE MORE this season than Brown. ONCE.

You really should do some research before trying to make a point.

id definately say mcgahee. put him on a team with a passing attack and he would be amazing

R-O-N-N-I-E B-R-O-W-N

Maybe he was reading this thread because he just shut B-LO up.

29 carries for 157 yards. 190 yards from scrimmage against the best defense in the league ON THE ROAD. Runs of 21, 25, and 27 yards. Add in a reception of 24 yards. Last drive, when the Bears knew they were going to run - 7 carries for 46 yards.

He now has more yards, a higher YPC, more TDs, and more receptions than McGahee this year.

Through the first 8 games of this year - RONNIE BROWN is the better runningback.

It's too close to call at this point, there really isn't a clear cut #1 RB within the AFC East. Although, I suspect Ronnie Brown would lead in all purpose yards if he got 320+ carries. McGahee and Brown have both had to deal with subpar offensive lines; Maroney is splitting carries and plays on a team with a good OL/QB. Maroney is fortunate to play on a team where if an opposing defense keys in on stopping the running game; Brady will burn them. Think Peyton Manning/Edgerrin James. That's not to say that Maroney isn't really good.

Rushing yards this season:
Ronnie Brown: 621 rushing yards, 151 carries (4.11 ypc)
Willis McGahee: 579 rushing yards, 154 carries (3.76 ypc)
Laurence Maroney: 395 rushing yards, 94 carries (4.20 ypc)

Ronnie Brown has 1,521 career rushing yards in just 358 carries; he's averaging 4.25 ypc for his career, McGahee is averaging 3.87 ypc over his career.

Ronnie Brown is also the best blocker/receiver in the AFC East. The only reason why it's even an argument is Brown's number of carries.

B-LO said:

Please check the Chicago game.

B-LO said:
Do you think it's because you're always down late in games and that your opponents give up the run to kill the clock?

B-LO said:

I LOVE PROVING BILLS FANS WRONG!

FinfanInBuffalo said:

I LOVE PROVING BILLS FANS WRONG!

Its not that difficult, there are not geniuses you know.

PatsSuck456 said:
Its not that difficult, there are not geniuses you know.

My guess is that B-LO is done with this thread. Too bad, I'll have to look elsewhere for comic relief.

Back
Top Bottom