Best Tight end ever to playthe game. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Tight end ever to playthe game.

ether79 said:
I would say Ozzie Newsome, or Winslow maybe Ditka or Christiansen(raiders/vikings). Coates was really good but not that level.

:yeahthat:

You got him Theory. I was going to say Dave Casper, Raiders. He was pretty dominating in his day, big prototype TE.

How come only two people have mentioned Shanon Sharpe? He is far and away the best tightend ever to play the game. He was an all around player, excelent blocking, he could catch anything thrown his way and he was a great leader that got the team pumped. For the record, he also has the best one liners in football history. I suppose you could make a case for Kellen Winslow but anybody else is a distant third

Sharpe is probaly the best one Ive ever seen. He was so good for so long. Newsome was great also. Winslow was great but I hate the guy after that playoff game, carried off the field in exhaustion, cmon now. I never saw Ditka but judging from how people talk about him he certainly belongs in the discussion. Christensen was great too. Gonzo might be the best catching TE ever, certainly worth a mention.
Coates was great in his heyday but Id take any of the guys mentioned above over him. Great player though.

dominizzo said:
We never had a good tight end except for MC Mike. I say IMO the best ever TE to play the game Ben Coates, his stats are good but boy his blocking was amazing, i know uguys are gonna say Sharpe Gonzo but i liked Coates, the guy was a special player, i also think Wes Walls was good also, the TE's are quality ones that u will never find again there just leaders and special to an organization

We never had a good TE???? What about Keith Jackson?

Back
Top Bottom