Bill Lazor Fired | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

Look at it this way people were complaining we were forever 8-8 and couldnt get to top of draft. Well we have a chance now even though there are lots of teams with bad records.

top 5 should land us some much needed help...Ramsey, Hargreaves, Smith, Bosa...I'll take any of them

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 3m3 minutes ago
In addition, Phil McGeoghan has been promoted from assistant wide receivers coach to wide receivers coach #Dolphins

You're kidding right? The season is done. Hire Oprah Winfrey to run the offense, I don't give two ****s.

Zach Taylor is completely unqualified to run the offense. If you told me Al Saunders was doing it...fine. However, Dean Peas is going to fest on Zach Taylor.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 4m4 minutes ago
Dan Campbell announced today that we have made the following changes to the coaching staff changes:

Holy ****. So necessary. Intense excitement followed by... Zac Taylor? Uh. Ugh. Wouldn't Saunders make a lot more sense? Truly bizarre year.

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 2m2 minutes ago
"Tannehill is going to get more people fired. He's not done. I almost slept in my garage last night, but I'm not a Mercedes"- @ShannonSharpe

A completely asinine observation by that talking worm.

A completely asinine observation by that talking worm.

It is going to be Ryan's rep now. It is what it is. That is why it needed to work with Campbell and Lazor.

He will be down to his last HC though this next go around. I like the kid, but he has to start to play better. Get better!

So is there going to be a presser about this...?

I wouldn't read too much into Zac being hired. They simply want to see Tannehill play w someone else calling the plays. They are not trying to make the playoffs. This has to be about just getting Lazor out of the way.

This is the problem with all of these coaching failings around RT. He is going to have a rep of a coach killer. Cannot escape now.

Shouldn't be an issue, assuming the new coach has control of the roster. He won't be tied to Tannehill anyways after 2016. Competition should be brought in this offseason and if Tannehill loses the starting job, he can be cut after the year. I don't see how a new coach will have to worry about getting "Tanne-killed".

Now if Tannenbaum is ordering the coach to make certain personnel decisions (like keep RT17 at all costs, draft this guy/that guy, etc, sign this big FA, etc) then he will be the REAL coach (and franchise) killer. Not that most of the posters here didn't know that already.

I am kind of holding out hope that the Tannenbaum thing is overblown and that Ross wants to hand the keys over to an accomplished coach. Common sense says he would, if nothing else just to get the focus off him. If we keep losing after a stupid hire like Eric Mangini, the focus stays on Ross/Tannenbaum. If we keep losing after a hire like Sean Payton (who has full control), the focus is more on Payton, not Tannenbaum, not Ross.

Maybe i'm being overly optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he will. Do you think they are putting in a new offense this week? I see them running the ball, running the ball, running the ball. Very vanilla.

What's wrong with running the ball more? That's what we're mostly all asking for right...more balance on the offense? No more 58-pass attempt games?

If we run the ball at 5.0 YPC, rushing 30 times a game churns out 150 rushing yards per game, and drastically changes TOP. Then, Tannehill can get back to throwing 25-30 times a game, a la Rothelisberger (early in his career, where the Steelers won with him throwing 15-23 times a game).

Let's just see what happens over the final 5 weeks. Worse that happens is our 2016 draft position improves...

Back
Top Bottom