Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money

So a guy worth about $10B, paid Suh the most money ever for a defensive player, and donated basically the entire College of Business at Michigan is worried about a couple million over the life of a four year contract?

I think the biggest question here is how can someone at the Boston Globe allow that to be published and stay employed.

Took the words out of my mouth. Such awful “journalism” at times.

The post read financially strapped against the salary cap not that Ross was financially strapped. Yes come June 1st we will have some savings from the Suh savings to sign some marginal free agents.

No, they will sign their own to extensions. Miami is in good cap shape. Some people have no idea how the numbers work.

Landry,Suh and Ajayi are elite talent? Hahahaha..... Suh maybe but the other two are "good players" that's it. You were probably in the pay the man camp when it came to Landry huh? SMFH.

Looks like click bait to me. Someone just throwing nonsense out there.

Who cares if he did. He listened to common sense. He's not a football guy and listens to those who are. And i don't believe it. I call bs, at the same time who the heck cares if this was true. Terrible article

Considering we just finished purging guys for cap space I'm not sure why this if true would be shocking. I'm not sure if I believe it and it's irrelevant at this point

I agree with the above post that points out how the 11th pick is probably the best place to be if you want to both save money (top ten picks have a higher wage scale I believe) and get value. The value part is especially true on THIS draft because of the number of top ten QBs to get draft in front of us. It pushes the other elite talent down the board

LOOK, the only thing that makes any sense at all, would be a comment like... "if we draft a guy at 11, how does that affect our cap, would it be better to trade down, get more picks and fit 3 players for the price of one?" that is the only reasoning and context that would make any sense.

Considering we just finished purging guys for cap space I'm not sure why this if true would be shocking. I'm not sure if I believe it and it's irrelevant at this point

Anyone that's at all familiar with Ross's management style knows the story isn't true. I can't remember him ever telling the football people how to do their jobs, much less who to draft or to make a trade. If anything, people think that he's hands off to a fault. Also an owner that actually wants to save money by trading down from 11 is someone who is having financial problems, which I can assure you Ross does not have. The cap savings from trading down to 11 are also neglible, and again, Ross does not make cap decisions.

Best post of the thread.

We just cut a bunch of guys to avoid bloated salaries in 2018, taking on huge amounts of dead cap. The defense of previous “Ross tactics” is a fair one . . . But if this for some reason did end up true, the recent signs are there for it and really shouldn’t be that shocking.

But like Tureo said, I don’t really believe this is true . . . Basically because the salary difference is a trivial to even make this a talking point . . . But i said earlier in the offseason that Ross is probably growing tired of just having a blank checkbook out there without success . . . He may start trying to implement some business sense into some of these deals . . . Or at least stick his nose in the room more often.

Can we move this since it’s stupid and not really football related?

Back
Top Bottom