Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money

If this is true. Then Ross ofcourse will hate the picks. He is a huge Michigan fan. We took Mike Gesicki PENN ST and Baker OHIO ST. Michigan hates Penn St and Ohio St and probably Alabama. Ross needs to sell the team immediately if this is true.

Well if we could have traded down and still got Edmunds and picked up an extra 2nd and 5th I’d of been fairly pleased.

Volin was always the most solid beat-writer for Miami so I have to believe this took place. Which also speaks to the incompetence of Ross as an owner who just doesn't get it.

Ross gets it.

I’d bet money he wanted Lamar Jackson which signals he actually cares about the future of the team whereas Tannenbaum and Gase are looking at the present in an attempt to try to save their asses.

Whether you think LJ is legit or not is irrelevant, the process of getting a QB you think can be special for your team is always the top need.

Trading down, grabbing a safety net and potential lightning rod for your organization at QB . . . All while gaining an extra pick or two is a very smart way to run your organization, especially with an uncertainty in Tannehill.

As much as I like Minkah Fitzpatrick, I think it is rather foolish to put all the eggs in the Tannehill basket, with Petty, Osweiller and Fales behind.

I also think if anything happens with Ryan, the entire regime is gone . . . And you know what, its probably for the best.

Ross gets it.

I’d bet money he wanted Lamar Jackson which signals he actually cares about the future of the team whereas Tannenbaum and Gase are looking at the present in an attempt to try to save their asses.

Whether you think LJ is legit or not is irrelevant, the process of getting a QB you think can be special for your team is always the top need.

Trading down, grabbing a safety net and potential lightning rod for your organization at QB . . . All while gaining an extra pick or two is a very smart way to run your organization, especially with an uncertainty in Tannehill.

As much as I like Minkah Fitzpatrick, I think it is rather foolish to put all the eggs in the Tannehill basket, with Petty, Osweiller and Fales behind.

I also think if anything happens with Ryan, the entire regime is gone . . . And you know what, its probably for the best.
Lamar Jackson is or was not the answer to the Miami Dolphins. If that's true that goodness no one listened to him.

Volin was always the most solid beat-writer for Miami so I have to believe this took place. Which also speaks to the incompetence of Ross as an owner who just doesn't get it.

This absolutely took place, except the “saving money” part was likely lost in translation.

The fact that Ross is getting involved tells me he is starting to get it. Don’t let these buffoons continue to operate without understanding whats going on. They have not earned that freedom.

I never disagreed with the trade down bit, but I continue to call BS on it being because Ross suddenly became cheap

Lamar Jackson is or was not the answer to the Miami Dolphins. If that's true that goodness no one listened to him.

That is your opinion.

The thought process was sound. And now a team like Baltimore has some major potential behind a dwindling Flacco while we still are banking on Ryan Tannehill in year 7 coming off a 20 month absence.

This absolutely took place, except the “saving money” part was likely lost in translation.

The fact that Ross is getting involved tells me he is starting to get it. Don’t let these buffoons continue to operate without understanding whats going on. They have not earned that freedom.

You would prefer Ross draft Miami's players over Gase et al?

Ross gets it.

The thing that has me puzzled, is why it’s the Boston Globe and Ben Volin, Who, as we all know, was a long time trusted Dolphins beat writer. Perhaps someone in Ross’ camp reached on Ross’ behalf? But apperantly Ross has emailed Volin his side of the story. I'm very disturbed by what Ross did. It’s one thing to disagree, but to have another teams beat writer publish the story is troubling.

That is your opinion.

The thought process was sound. And now a team like Baltimore has some major potential behind a dwindling Flacco while we still are banking on Ryan Tannehill in year 7 coming off a 20 month absence.
Why not force a trade up for a QB who would be a lot better than Jackson? This whole story stinks.

I never disagreed with the trade down bit, but I continue to call BS on it being because Ross suddenly became cheap

If Minkah is sitting there with your pick on the clock and someone in the room says "we better trade back" they clearly don't get it.

That is your opinion.

Bingo.

If Lamar Jackson ends up being good, what nice going away present Ozzie Newsome gave the Ravens. He's missed on a lot of QB's though. Flacco is the best of the bunch, and outside of a hot streak in the post-season a decade ago, he's been average at best.

You would prefer Ross draft Miami's players over Gase et al?

Not saying that at all.

What I am saying is out of all the heads in the room, Ross has the most concern about the future of his organization . . . And it is highly likely he sought outside advice concerning his team if for nothing else to be more informed about the operation.

He shouldn’t just be “old Mr. Ross” anymore. This is his baby and he should have a pulse on what these guys are doing.

If Minkah is sitting there with your pick on the clock and someone in the room says "we better trade back" they clearly don't get it.
Exactly and after all these years Ross apparently still doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom