Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money

Word is that more soccer games will be held at the Stadium.
Imagine a Real Madrid vs. Barcelona right here in Miami. Ross is a very smart businessman and South Florida is definitely more baseball and soccer than Football.

I don't believe it, Ross has a reputation of spending at any cost to win.
I think you can criticize Ross on some things. The Jim Harbaugh recruiting comes to mind, sticking too long with Philibin. But, you're absolutely right about him spending money. Can't argue with that.

Leak from good old 'NFL sources'

Personally i call bullshit. You can say many things about Steve Ross but cheap isnt one of them.

You are correct, he isn't cheap......but he may be concerned that is guys can't effectively manage the cap. I can't say I blame him.

You are correct, he isn't cheap......but he may be concerned that is guys can't effectively manage the cap. I can't say I blame him.

he knows they cant but has never stopped them. why would you start with the first round pick and not the numerous other cap mistakes?

Passed on Earl Thomas to make the two for one trade, glad this time the team didn't do it.
One of the worst Dolphin draft day moves ever. I can remember curing at the TV like a drunk sailor when it happened.

Considering we just finished purging guys for cap space I'm not sure why this if true would be shocking. I'm not sure if I believe it and it's irrelevant at this point

Suh’s cap hit of 26 million has to get off the books regardless. Landry isn’t worth 17 mil to smart teams and Pouncey is a has been.

Sounded like smart decisions to me.

don't believe this at all.. i truly believe ross stays out of football decisons

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article210681804.html

The Boston Globe reported over the weekend that Ross "stepped in and implored his team to trade back, both to acquire more picks and save money on the first-rounder."
That's only half right. Ross did indeed speak up.

He wanted his people to think more strategically. He wanted them to consider multiplying the team's pick by trading down for extra picks. He wanted the Dolphins to consider more outside the box strategies and possibilities before merely turning in the Fitzpatrick selection.
****ing idiot. That's something teams do all the time. It's not "thinking outside the box", Ross.

Nice job insulting your own new draftees and making the Miami franchise looks foolish again.

According to Ben Volin in his tweets this morning, Ross all but confirmed the story as true; but denied the saving money part. This is troubling, especially after Ross left the team facility on day 2, unimpressed by what the F/O had done over the course of the 1st two days. He wanted them to trade down both nights. Something fishy is going on in Ross’ head, if true? The man booked major soccer events at the stadium and will make millions on the games. What more does this guy want. Apparently he wants more MONAAAAY!!!

Damn, Ross definitely confirmed the story lmao.

Sounds like he is souring on this brain trust. Who came blame him.

This "culture change" better result is some damn wins.

Ben has to say this now because it looked like a crap story. If Ross wanted to trade back in every round and they didn't makes it a not believable story.

According to Ben Volin in his tweets this morning, Ross all but confirmed the story as true; but denied the saving money part. This is troubling, especially after Ross left the team facility on day 2, unimpressed by what the F/O had done over the course of the 1st two days. He wanted them to trade down both nights. Something fishy is going on in Ross’ head, if true? The man booked major soccer events at the stadium and will make millions on the games. What more does this guy want. Apparently he wants more MONAAAAY!!!

So Ben writes the article and no one can confirm it's true except Ben by tweeting out that Ross confirmed it to him?

Okay.

ALL od these stories that come out after the draft are garbage. The Phins weren't going to draft a QB if one fell, Ross wanted to save money...... All garbage. No one knows.

Leak from good old 'NFL sources'

Personally i call bullshit. You can say many things about Steve Ross but cheap isnt one of them.

Yup, and even if its true, then he still listened to his football guys and made the right call (we hope). At least someone was exploring the options.

Back
Top Bottom