Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins!

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=28063

Mayhem in Miami

Veteran Pats followers understand what the Dolfans in South Florida are currently going through. After years of watching their team be competitive for much of the season, only to collapse down the stretch, Miami partisans are seeing bad things happen to their team - even before the season starts.

It's all enough to make you wonder if Sam Jankovich, the former Patriots CEO who came from the University of Miami to oversee the worst, most bizarre period in New England franchise history back in the early 90's, has taken over Wayne Heizenga's team.

Talk about team chaos. Things have become so disjointed around Pro Player Stadium the Dolphins are no longer considered a legitimate threat in the AFC East. Their fans are wondering what distraction/disaster will hit next.

The most recent bombshell detonated last week when newly appointed offensive coordinator Joel Collier missed the three-day minicamp on doctor's orders. At the conclusion of the minicamp, Collier announced that he was resigning as coordinator because of his medical condition. Formerly a scout with the Patriots back in the early 90's, Collier declined to discuss the specifics of his illness except to say that it led to exhaustion.

``Pulling back is something that has been advised for me (by doctors),'' Collier said when he made his announcement at the beginning of the week. ``It is day-to-day and could be week-to-week as I am working through some things. It could be an extended period of time. Today I feel better than yesterday. That doesn't mean everything will be better a week from now, and that is kind of why I wanted to take a step back.''

Collier had been appointed to replace Norv Turner after Turner was named the Raiders' head coach in January. That in itself caught people by surprise since Collier had never been a coordinator before. Marc Trestman and Jerry Sullivan, two other offensive assistants, had been through the process with the 49ers and Cardinals.

They can't be very happy since head coach Dave Wannstedt then named Chris Foerster as Collier's replacement, even though he was only hired by the Dolphins in February.

This is also the team that saw:

Dan Marino accept and then reject the opportunity to be the team's vice president/CEO.

Journeyman free agent quarterback A.J. Feeley signed as the heir apparent to starter Jay Fiedler.

Wannstedt retain his job as head coach but without the authority to control personnel. That was transferred to GM Rick Spielman.

The curious decision to trade for troubled and troublesome wide receiver David Boston and then have him miss a three-day passing camp because of a shin injury that could have been the result of his failure to lose weight. At 240 pounds, down from a season ago in San Diego, Boston is ``heavier than he needs to be'' according to Wannstedt.

Use their second draft pick on cornerback Will Poole (USC via Boston College) only to find he needed to spend five days in jail because of a DUI conviction in California.

Pro Bowl back Ricky Williams reportedly commit a second violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy and face a $650,000 fine.

Have Pro Bowl defensive end Adewale Ogunleye make noises to sit out the early part of the season because of a contract dispute.

The Bold part is what PO me the most. How dare those Patriot writers not think we are still contenders. We have a better team now then we did last year.

Just give us another reason to prove them wrong. Remember, things get the darkest right before dawn.

Nu, I guess the question is "who" determined that the Fins are no longer legitimate contenders ??? This is all stuff we have discussed over and over on these boards...no big deal since it is still May....

That goes with the whole Boston attitude when it comes to the Patriots. The media thinks they are indestructable anyway so we were probably NEVER considered a threat anyway. This just gave them an oppurtunity to write about it.

Honestly I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but this off-season has just been one laughing stock of the NFL move after another. I live right in the heart of World Champion country but hate the Pats. It's getting really hard to defend the fins lately.

"Journeyman free agent quarterback A.J. Feeley signed as the heir apparent to starter Jay Fiedler."

Have to comment on the journeyman thing. I believe Feeley has only pleyed for one team in his NFL career.

Marc Trestman and Jerry Sullivan, two other offensive assistants, had been through the process with the 49ers and Cardinals.

I think he ment Raiders insted of niners. Maybe that can take some credability from this writer. He dosn't know his stuff

Talk about team chaos. Things have become so disjointed around Pro Player Stadium the Dolphins are no longer considered a legitimate threat in the AFC East. Their fans are wondering what distraction/disaster will hit next.

That is the stupidest crap i've ever read. I'm going to keep this article and send it to them next year, demanding an apology, after we beat the .... out of them.

Chaos? please...tell me one thing that has gone totally wrong for this team. Ok, Marino quit, but that was for the best. Collier got sick, nobody can control that...its not like it was the teams fault (hopefully things turn out well for him). Boston and Feely are starting to look better then they did before, but people jumped on them while they were struggling to get used to their new team and said acquiring them was pure stupidity on the part of our FO. IMO, we're not only a threat, but we're a competitive, easily play-off caliber squad that should thrive this season and prove out doubters wrong.

Talk about team chaos. Things have become so disjointed around Pro Player Stadium the Dolphins are no longer considered a legitimate threat in the AFC East.

This is so far from off its not even close:)

Man, let'um talk their isht. I hope they sleep on us. I hope everyone sleeps on us. Every year it's the same story, Dolphins picked 1st or 2nd in the division, or Dolphins supposed to be AFC representatives in the Superbowl. And when we fail to acheive what writers predict, they pound us. Its OK, this game is played on the field, not in the papers.

Here is a little note I sent to the Boston Herald about the article. I can't wait to see if they actually reply to me. Maybe they'll post my response on the website. I can dream I guess :roflmao:

Anyway...here it is:

I just wanted to offer some criticism on Kevin Mannix's "Coughlin gets early attention: Strict rules in Giants camp prompt union investigation" article. In the article contains a piece called “Mayhem in Miamiâ€Â. The link for the article can be found at: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=28063

Just so we do have things clear I am a Miami Dolphins fan.

First let me start off by saying this article is absurd. Anyone who makes a comment such as "Things have become so disjointed around Pro Player Stadium the Dolphins are no longer considered a legitimate threat in the AFC East" must seem to think that this is first sports team ever to have a less than stellar off-season. Now admittedly this off-season has been far from perfect, however anyone who is discounting a team for a season that starts the 2nd weekend in September seems to be a bit near-sighted. It is after all...only mid-May.

And secondly Mr. Mannix may want to either double check his facts or fire his facts checker if he has one. "Collier had been appointed to replace Norv Turner after Turner was named the Raiders' head coach in January. That in itself caught people by surprise since Collier had never been a coordinator before. Marc Trestman and Jerry Sullivan, two other offensive assistants, had been through the process with the 49ers and Cardinals."

Neither Trestman nor Sullivan were 49er Offensive Coordinators. Trestman was the Coordinator in Oakland and Sullivan was with the Cardinal's. If we can't get the fact's straight how can we ever possibly grant this article any legitimacy? As we can clearly see shortsighted speculation and incorrect information certainly isn't the way to gain it. Thanks for your time.

We have had some distractions during this offseason, but I don't think many of them are big deals. Obviously, hiring a new OC in May isn't good, but we aren't changing the system so we should be fine. Hopefully Foerster can just call plays well. The biggest distraction by far has been Ogunleye's situation, and we must solve that ASAP. Ricky Williams isn't even facing suspension, and Will Poole is out of jail. We really need Boston to lose some weight though. I think most of our distractions will be forgotten about by the time we start Training Camp.

Heck, I think the Dolphins need more distractions. Its only May and I'm running out of reasons to read the board.

saves said:
Marc Trestman and Jerry Sullivan, two other offensive assistants, had been through the process with the 49ers and Cardinals.

I think he ment Raiders insted of niners. Maybe that can take some credability from this writer. He dosn't know his stuff

Trestman came from the Raiders true, but he was with the Niners well before he ever went to the Silver and Black. This guy's credibility remains in tact.

Back
Top Bottom