Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins!

I think the only people getting distracted are the fans.

IMO, Miami is trying to lower the expectations by Miami fans with all these FO/coaching carousels going on. It Is Working.

Alot of Miami fans are now predicting a 9-7 or 8-8 Miami season.

Samphin said:
Trestman came from the Raiders true, but he was with the Niners well before he ever went to the Silver and Black. This guy's credibility remains in tact.

Except that he calls Feeley a journeyman and he has only played for one team...and Trestman might have been with the Niners long ago, but the author was referring to his time as an OC, which was with the Raiders...and his judgement is extremely lacking if he thinks the Fins aren't legitimate contenders (I wonder what the Pats players would have to say about that??)
This guy is basically a sloppy, partisan, fairly stupid Boston sports writer who was probably half in the bag when he wrote this article. Read 90% of what they write about the Red Sox, it's the same quality

I sure hope the players have that article put up in the locker room. This needs to be the year our players shut up and play hard. Prove they deserve to be in the probowl and be called good and then the best.

Honestly I think pats fans and their media and Boston are a bunch of idiots. Lets see how about there best player on their team is demmanding a trade and is unhappy with the team coach and FO. Just because you went 14-2 doesnt mean they are indestuctable. I too will laugh when they get their asses handed to them on a sliver platter this year.

This is hysterical. First, it is important to understand that the idiots who live in NE think that the Patsies will be on top forever. This is a group of fans who NEVER deserved one (never mind two) Superbowl wins because they absolutely can't handle success. Immediately, they become unbearable and will never listen to fact. Over time, they will be brought back to earth. The funny part is that they view every move of the Pats as a genius move. So, let's see, Boston is a "troubled" receiver but Corey Dillon is a great addition. People in NE are making excuse after excuse for Dillon. Rodney Harrison is the dirtiest player in the league but he is a "great player". Willie McGhinist is a complete scum bag as a human but they love him. Ty Law is the best now he is not needed because Belichek will find a way. People think their drafts are amazing but you jsut need to look at the results and you will see tons of draft mistakes on their behalf. Last year they had a good draft but years before that have been awful. Hey, they played hard but also got a lot of breaks. I don't give a sh-- what an idiot like Kevin Mannix thinks. If you have ever heard him interviewed you would realize that he knows little to nothing about the game. Besides, I hope ever team takes the Fins lightly. It can only help. Yes, I am certainly unhappy with somethings that have happened this offseason but it is only May. Only time will tell...

saves said:
Marc Trestman and Jerry Sullivan, two other offensive assistants, had been through the process with the 49ers and Cardinals.

I think he ment Raiders insted of niners. Maybe that can take some credability from this writer. He dosn't know his stuff

Sullivan was with the Cardinals and Trestman was with the 49ers then the Cardinals then the Raiders. Neither one was a very good OC with the Cardinals. They are both better postion coaches than OC's.

I think it is better that people all over aren't giving them credit. Maybe that will make them play harder. Every year when the media is making them sound like potential Super Bowl Champions they let it go to their heads. Remember the Houston game last year, the players thought they were to good to be on the same field and we know what happened then. This was from Patriot country, what do you expect them to write that the Dolphins are the greatest thing since sliced bread and how they are going to turn the Patriots into Patsies. I would take it with a grain of salt. After the Dolphins win the Super Bowl we can did up the article and send it back to that writer and tell him where to stick it.

AZPHINFAN75 said:
Sullivan was with the Cardinals and Trestman was with the 49ers then the Cardinals then the Raiders. Neither one was a very good OC with the Cardinals. They are both better postion coaches than OC's.
But Trestman wasn't a OC for the niners....or was he?

I think you are all "getting your panties in a wad" over nothing.
It is an objective view of the Dolphins albeit coming from a writer that is embellishing a little.

The point here being, while many of you are jumping all over anyone who writes or discusses issues which may be a negative for this team, they exist.
There are MANY question marks on this team.

From the outside the GM process did look rediculous. Hiring if Marino, the quitting of Marino. Hiring of an OC, the quitting of an OC. Whether things happened for good reason or not both situations read "unstable situation".

As far as the team we will be fiedling....
This team could be a super bowl contender or an avg. 8-8 team this year.
It really could go either way.
There are too many variables. The whole entire offense is a variable.
QB situation.... complete mystery
OL sitiation..... Young guys that could step up their game or fall flat on their arse
WR sitiuation... Which D. Boston will show himself by the time the season starts?
DE..... Will our Pro Bowl DE be on the field and playing.

These are all legitimate questions. Too many question marks for anyone to consider the Fins a contender right now. Relax a little!

saves said:
But Trestman wasn't a OC for the niners....or was he?

I think you are right. I was thinking he was an OC with the Niners but now I'm thinking he was a QB coach. But I do know he wasnt very good with the Cardinals, but then again who is? :roflmao:

In fact the way people talk about the Dolphins on here you would think they were the ST. Louis Cardinals or I mean the Az Cardinals. All these Dolphin fans on here should try having the Cardinals as a team for a few years and the would be begging for the Dolphins and Wanny & co.

When the winning days are gone the loudest people on here will be jumping ship faster than the rats on the Titanic. Some don't know how good we've got it, and the ones that do are nervous about what may come.

I wish I could argue with this guy... He's right. The season was a disaster, and so isn't the off-season. I hope everything comes together when it counts, but as of right now, this guy is right. I know a lot of fans (including myself) are just waiting to see what goes wrong next. I hope things come together, but I'm not overly optomistic.

I guess this along with those fake photos in the Globe just make it clear how badly in the toilet Boston's fish wrappers are...

Back
Top Bottom