Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins!

Wasn't everyone just jumping on a former thread talking about how the Miami sports media are the worst?

Now the Boston media is horrible too because they wrote a story focusing on some legitimate negatives about the Phins franchise........

Don't you guys see a pattern here.

Legitimate negatives are one thing, but poor fact checking is inexcusable. I would hope for better out of the people who post here. I think we should demand better from people who are paid to be journalists.

As to the content, the part about the Dolphins not being considered a legitimate threat is way over the top. It would be if this guy was talking about the Bills or Jets. In this NFL, everybody is a threat. Ask the teams beaten by the Texans (whoops, that includes us!), the Bengals, and the Cowboys about that.

The only other things I'd take issue with are the Poole and Boston items. I see good value in both cases even with the baggage, and I believe reports indicated that the Dolphins did in fact know about the DUI.

Trekbiz said:
I think you are all "getting your panties in a wad" over nothing.
It is an objective view of the Dolphins albeit coming from a writer that is embellishing a little.

The point here being, while many of you are jumping all over anyone who writes or discusses issues which may be a negative for this team, they exist.
There are MANY question marks on this team.

From the outside the GM process did look rediculous. Hiring if Marino, the quitting of Marino. Hiring of an OC, the quitting of an OC. Whether things happened for good reason or not both situations read "unstable situation".

As far as the team we will be fiedling....
This team could be a super bowl contender or an avg. 8-8 team this year.
It really could go either way.
There are too many variables. The whole entire offense is a variable.
QB situation.... complete mystery
OL sitiation..... Young guys that could step up their game or fall flat on their arse
WR sitiuation... Which D. Boston will show himself by the time the season starts?
DE..... Will our Pro Bowl DE be on the field and playing.

These are all legitimate questions. Too many question marks for anyone to consider the Fins a contender right now. Relax a little!

Good post, you summed everything up perfectly.

And Jimmy James, One question. How can you say we are legit contenders at this point? I love my Dolphins, but dude there are just too many questions right now to be considered a LEGIT contender. I really hope everything smooths out and we go on to kick some serious butt this year.

Let the Herald think what they want. The Media is looking to over-hype every tiny thing. The things I found ridiculous in the report were:
1) The "surprise" that we hired a coordinator who had never been one before! Oh, boy, that's amazing! What is it with this reasoning that the only coordinators you can hire are guys who've been coordinators already? Who hired them? Does the fact that someone ELSE hired a guy make him more qualified or a better fit? It's an absurd argument!
2) Wannstedt losing control of personnel. So what? This is a positive for the team and they treat it like a negative?
3) Will Poole spending 5 days in jail on a DUI. As if we didn't know that already? And, that's the reason he was available in round 4 instead of early round 2 in the first place! They knew of the DUI and that there would likely be consequences. So what? It was a low risk, high reward potential pick.

I could point to any number of "events" in other team's off-season and list them all as negatives. They just listed everything and then put them ALL in the negative category - which they aren't, necessarily.

Certainly, it has been an off-season with a lot of unexpected twists. But, quite frankly, after the last two years, there's nowhere to go but up for this team. Whether we are 9-7, 10-6 or 4-12 - if we don't make the playoffs, we're in the same boat as 20 other teams. I like the fact that a lot is going on and still have confidence that the team will be better - b/c we have better talent at our weakest spots and we have improved the coaching staff, imo.

Is Miami the only team with queston marks this season? I dont think so! For so many seasons we have had a strong off season and came up short when it counted. Now maybe, just maybe, the Phins will be focused from September through January just to prove that they are NOT the laughing stock that so many writers, fans and etc want us to be.
My only true concern is the Ricky issue but I will wait and see what the appeal brings....until then....all is good

Because its true

The Bold part is what PO me the most. How dare those Patriot writers not think we are still contenders. We have a better team now then we did last year.[/QUOTE]
The Reason they don't think we're contenders is because we are not. They have it right. This organization is in total chaos....

Nublar7 said:
The Bold part is what PO me the most.
But isn't that the same attitude that half the people on this board have???

MajorCanz said:
The Bold part is what PO me the most. How dare those Patriot writers not think we are still contenders. We have a better team now then we did last year.
The Reason they don't think we're contenders is because we are not. They have it right. This organization is in total chaos....[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the Pats players don't think we are legit contenders, at least for the AFC East! They do not look forward to playing us twice a season, I'm sure that hasn't changed, and I'm sure that to a man they would disagree with the Herald

Ducken said:
And Jimmy James, One question. How can you say we are legit contenders at this point? I love my Dolphins, but dude there are just too many questions right now to be considered a LEGIT contender. I really hope everything smooths out and we go on to kick some serious butt this year.

EVERY TEAM is a legit contender at this point. That's why I mentioned the Jets and the Bills. If you balk at this, tell me where you had Cincy and Carolina at this point last year. I think that makes my point.

go ahead and get all mad - everything in that article is true. what did they say that didn't happen? maybe they are crying the sky is falling when it isn't with the line about us not even being a threat in the AFC East - i call BS on that. But everything else, you can't help but agree with.

Headline-wise, this offseason has been a disaster for us.

AZPHINFAN75 said:
Sullivan was with the Cardinals and Trestman was with the 49ers then the Cardinals then the Raiders. Neither one was a very good OC with the Cardinals. They are both better postion coaches than OC's.
But didn't Trestman bring the raiders the offense that would eventually take them to the superbowl? i could be wrong

Trekbiz said:
Wasn't everyone just jumping on a former thread talking about how the Miami sports media are the worst?

Now the Boston media is horrible too because they wrote a story focusing on some legitimate negatives about the Phins franchise........

Don't you guys see a pattern here.

It's not so much the fact that they are focusing on those negatives. In media there is normally a certain degree of respect (sportsmanship) and integrity. There is a way to spotlight these short comings without sounding like a braindead moron. I'd hate to think that a Phins writer would tarnish our image by writing such pap crap about another team. I am all for reporting the bad side of AFC East opponents, just not in an "8 year old at recess" manner. Friendly jabs and jokes are one thing, however, to be blatantly disrespect is extremely unprofessional. :nono: :tsk:

I hope some of you can see the point i'm trying to make.

Back
Top Bottom