Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Herald INSULTS Dolphins!

I cannot believe you guys are getting all worked up over something written by Kevin Mannix. He and wRONg Borges (of the Boston Globe) are two of the most UNRELENTINGLY negative morons "writing" for the local wrags up here. It is no accident that each of the Boston papers has at least one "turd in the punchbowl" type of reporter on their payroll.

Don't stereotype all "Boston media" by these two fools. Or Patriot fans for that matter. Mannix called Belichick "duplicitous pond scum". Borges predicted that the Rams would beat that Pats 73-0 in SB36. There is NO scenario in which they would write something positive (unless perhaps the Pats had free booze in the press box).

You have to admit, the 'Phins news this offseason hasn't been all that good (especially the Rickey news which I seriously hope is NOT true). But the on-field product will be OK by the Opening Game. I think that Wanny will have to go before you guys take it to the next level.

Hey, I may be wrong. That's why they play the games.

I know I know the world is coming dow around us. Cats and dogs living together. Total utter chaos at Fins camp. However, the first day of training camp will put all of these things in the rear view mirror. Noone can say (truthfully) that any of these things have hurt us for the upcoming season. Let's address them case by case.

Ogun holding out: He has to do what he has to do it's a business to him. As long as all the bs is done by training camp he'll do just fine.

Foerester being offensive coordinator: Norv Turners gone and he didn't produce anything when he was here. Our offense can at least be as good with this guy. It's a crapshoot either way. The good news is our offense is more talented than it has been for years.

Ricky testing positive: Well this guy's a fruitcake we knew that two years ago when we traded for him. The good news is he doesn't get suspended. I know some of you have kids that idolize the guy but to me he's just our bruising runningback. I dont care if he does lines of iodine and sh!ts out vodka bottles as long as he doesn't get suspended and keeps running like that.

Trading for Feeley: We had to do something. This guy will turn out pretty good. Right now he's getting used to throwing to a bunch of strangers in a yet to be determined offensive plan. Worse case scenario is that Jay's still here so we should at least be as good as last year if Feeley doesn't workout.

Marino: Ok we've talked that one to death.

Spielman as GM: The guy's doing an awesome job so far. We drafted the best players on the board with three potential future starters (Poole, Carey, and Bau). He got Boston for a sixth round pick. Everyone disagrees using a second round pick on AJ but he was the best qb available at that point. Aj's story isn't written yet.

Bertil said:
I cannot believe you guys are getting all worked up over something written by Kevin Mannix. He and wRONg Borges (of the Boston Globe) are two of the most UNRELENTINGLY negative morons "writing" for the local wrags up here. It is no accident that each of the Boston papers has at least one "turd in the punchbowl" type of reporter on their payroll.

Don't stereotype all "Boston media" by these two fools. Or Patriot fans for that matter. Mannix called Belichick "duplicitous pond scum". Borges predicted that the Rams would beat that Pats 73-0 in SB36. There is NO scenario in which they would write something positive (unless perhaps the Pats had free booze in the press box).

You have to admit, the 'Phins news this offseason hasn't been all that good (especially the Rickey news which I seriously hope is NOT true). But the on-field product will be OK by the Opening Game. I think that Wanny will have to go before you guys take it to the next level.

Hey, I may be wrong. That's why they play the games.
Shutup, it was a good article :D

It's obvious the Boston Herald is just jealous of the Phins for being so gosh darned great. Hehe. We gotta take the flak from these writers because we all know it's bound to happen after all thats happened this offseason. I actually found the article to be quiet comedic.

I had myself a good giggle after reading "Talk about team chaos. Things have become so disjointed around Pro Player Stadium the Dolphins are no longer considered a legitimate threat in the AFC East."

So, are they saying we're going to end up behind the Bills and the Jets? See? That should cause a giggle from any fan (Yes, a goddamn giggle, because it's the extreme version of a laugh.) We're going to be a huge threat in the AFC alone, not just the east.

Once the season starts that reporter will be eating his words - most likely literally because I'm taking a trip to Boston sometime soon, and I don't object to forcefeeding grown men newspaper when they write such garbage.

Last year, If I remember right, many were thinking of the Pats as the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC East, and I think they did pretty well for themselves.

:nesucks:

It's not how good other teams, their fans, or writers think our team is that matters, it how good our team thinks they are, and how hard they are willing to prove it.

Remind me why I should listen to a paper in Boston when I like the Dolphins and I live in Northern Virginia. Then I'll think about possibly caring. Wait a second, actually no I don't give a flyin fook :fire:

Phinz4Life said:
So, are they saying we're going to end up behind the Bills and the Jets? See? That should cause a giggle from any fan (Yes, a goddamn giggle, because it's the extreme version of a laugh.) We're going to be a huge threat in the AFC alone, not just the east.
I love how some finfans seem to think both the bills and Jets are chopped liver. We shall see this year. I think the bills and jets have upgraded just as much as the fins.

Although the Pats IMO are the team to beat, the bills ,jets and fins will be in a tight battle for no. 2 in the division. Keep talking smack though. It will be interesting to see who's gonna show up to eat crow.

Justasportsfan said:
I love how some finfans seem to think both the bills and Jets are chopped liver. We shall see this year. I think the bills and jets have upgraded just as much as the fins.
Although the Pats IMO are the team to beat, the bills ,jets and fins will be in a tight battle for no. 2 in the division. Keep talking smack though. It will be interesting to see who's gonna show up to eat crow.

Bah!......... :billsbite

tay0365 said:
Last year, If I remember right, many were thinking of the Pats as the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC East, and I think they did pretty well for themselves.

:nesucks:

It's not how good other teams, their fans, or writers think our team is that matters, it how good our team thinks they are, and how hard they are willing to prove it.
Good first post....glad to have you aboard.

Personally, I welcome all predictions of failure from any journalist anywhere.

Being disrespected is a great motivator. As a matter of fact, this team has thrived in situations where they have been questioned or dismissed.

It's when they start reading about how good they are and how much talent they have, that's when they go out and embarrass themselves and their fans.

I hope they take stuff like this and add it to their shoulders to form a big, giant chip.

Justasportsfan said:

Okay, even if that were true (which I don't think it is) you just admitted that the Bills and the Jets will finish 4 games behind the Fins this year.

You seem to forget that the Fins are building on a team that went 10-6 last year while the Bills and Jets are building on 6-10.

Lets compare the problem areas and changes:

QB
- Bills - no change, still sucks
- Fins - brought in competition

OL
- Bills - marginal change to a bad OL
- Fins - revamped the OL

2nd WR
- Bills - rookie WR to compete with Reed
- Fins - proven pro bowl WR

DE
- Bills - no change to a bad set of DEs
- Fins - no change to a great set of DEs

CB
- Bills- replaced a good CB with an old CB
- Fins - replaced Fletcher/Buckley with Howard/Poole, definite upgrade

Coaching Staff
- Bills - brought in their third staff in 6 years, unproven as a staff
- Fins - lost Turner, but added Trestman and Sullivan to a staff that has coached the team to 10 wins per year.

GM
- Bills - still have Donahoe, who is the most overrated GM in the league
- Fins - replaced Wanny with Spielman, definite upgrade

I'm happy for you that you can remain optimistic, mystified, but happy for you.

rand0m said:
But didn't Trestman bring the raiders the offense that would eventually take them to the superbowl? i could be wrong

Yes he did, but other than that 1 year they didnt do much. But in the SB where was his great offense? In AZ he was terrible and whenever a player or coach leaves the Cardinals they do well somewhere else.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Okay, even if that were true (which I don't think it is) you just admitted that the Bills and the Jets will finish 4 games behind the Fins this year.

You seem to forget that the Fins are building on a team that went 10-6 last year while the Bills and Jets are building on 6-10.

Lets compare the problem areas and changes:
FinfanInBuffalo said:
QB
- Bills - no change, still sucks
- Fins - brought in competition.
Haha! . Just because he brought in competition that makes the fins better? Feely isn't proven. If both the bills and fins had the same OL and OC, I'd take Drew over Fiedler anyday.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
OL
- Bills - marginal change to a bad OL
- Fins - revamped the OL.
A revamped OL doesn't mean the fins are automatically better. We have Mcnally compared to Ruel. That in itself is an upgrade for the bills. St. Clair (bench warmer) and Carey(rookie) are questionable.

You also forget that it take time for an OL to have Chemistry. We only changed 1.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
2nd WR
- Bills - rookie WR to compete with Reed
- Fins - proven pro bowl WR.
Boston is proven because he had one probowl season? He's also proven to be a headcase. Boston the headcase could show up instead of the probowler.

Just so you know Drew was a probowler more than twice, does this mean he's proven just like your Boston? That kinda puts a damp on your logic .

If you are gonna put a damper on Evans being a rookie, that should apply to Carey as well. So where does that leave your OL?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
DE
- Bills - no change to a bad set of DEs
- Fins - no change to a great set of DEs.
Bills have the number 2 D. Milloy and Spikes will have a second year on the team. Kelsay was a rookie last year. You can't judge a rookie in his first year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
CB
- Bills- replaced a good CB with an old CB
- Fins - replaced Fletcher/Buckley with Howard/Poole, definite upgrade.
Old cb that's can catch INT's. Winfield couldn't although he was a great tackler. Again, no. 2 D. :D

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Coaching Staff
- Bills - brought in their third staff in 6 years, unproven as a staff
- Fins - lost Turner, but added Trestman and Sullivan to a staff that has coached the team to 10 wins per year..
Unproven as a staff yes, but a proven OC. Check out Mularkeys bio and what he did with a healthy OL at Pitts and how he made probowlers out of Maddox and Kordell. Does this mean he can do it w/ Drew? Based on your logic that "Boston is a probowler " (based on 3 yrs. ago), looks like Mularkey will make drew a pwobowler.

Who cares what Trestman did with other teams. The fins are just as unproven as a staff as the bills. I could throw out Wyche and Mcnally's name out there who's as proven as Trestman.

Interesting how you left out Forester (sp?) name out because it will show that he too is unproven :rolleyes:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
GM
- Bills - still have Donahoe, who is the most overrated GM in the league
- Fins - replaced Wanny with Spielman, definite upgrade
Overrated (your opinion) but well respected. That makes Spielman better than TD?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm happy for you that you can remain optimistic, mystified, but happy for you.
Yup, we're definitely optimistic. That's more than what I can say about finfans.

We can play this pissing match. I don't care what a finfan in buffalo has to say, I'll tell you this much, if the fins are so much improved like you think, let's see if marino , carter and so many experts will be picking the fins to win the sb this year like they did last year. I doubt they will.

Justasportsfan said:
bring my a 24 pack of Labatt's blue when you cross the border. :D

Poor, poor Justa. It sounds like you have had enough Labatt Blue's. I mean, to be THAT optimistic about a team that is clearly so bad..........Come to think of it, maybe I will bring you 2 cases of Labatt Blue so you can drown yous sorrow of another brutal season with some real beer. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom