Bowens storms out.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens storms out..

PhinDude88 said:
Do you think that Carter could be moved to DT and start there full time?
Very very possible. I believe Carter played mostly at DT for the Titans last year. If we sign Traylor, we should be ok getting through this year.

DE - Vonnie Holliday - David Bowens
DT - Kevin Carter - Dario Romero
DT - Keith Traylor - Larry Chester or Jeff Zgonina
DE - Jason Taylor - Matt Roth

Speculation that Timbo doesn't take care of himself. Bad backs happen for a reason. It is a shame because he always left it all on the field.

Whitedolphin54 said:
What about Holliday

I dont think that Holliday will be good at DT. I can only see him rotating with Roth at DE. I do think that Holliday will be one of the DE's in the 3-4 formation.

CanadianPhinFan said:
Just wondering...would we take a look at Norman Hand aswell as Traylor if both Chester and Bowens leave? I'm pretty sure that the Giants released him.

I thought N Hand might be a good acquisition--Didn't we draft hand

Whitedolphin54 said:
I thought N Hand might be a good acquisition--Didn't we draft hand

Yeah we did, but I have heard that he doesn't keep in very good shape..so I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

on a side note... wasn't Norman Hand a Jimmy draft pick? ... if i remember correctly, there were 3-4 decent second-day DTs picked by Jimmy that were let go prematurely who went on to start elsewhere... Hand was the biggest name i remember...

*edit*... oops... too late... already confirmed...

Holliday is the wild card if you ask me. He obviously cannot play DT alongside Kevin Carter -- they'd get eaten alive. I think he could play DT when Carter isn't as long as it is beside a guy like Traylor. I don't really see him as a 4-3 pass rushing DE, either. He's a 3-4 DE, and I'm not sure where that puts him in the 4-3.

CanadianPhinFan said:
Yeah we did, but I have heard that he doesn't keep in very good shape..so I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

yeah but as a stop gap for a year he 's got to be considered

Last year Bowens played,what, one game?? I have to think the phin brain trust probably had this scenario in one of many contigency plans they have. I'm interested in seeing what they do. If we have enough money we will sign Traylor.....but money makes it a question mark.

phin in the NW said:
Last year Bowens played,what, one game?? I have to think the phin brain trust probably had this scenario in one of many contigency plans they have. I'm interested in seeing what they do. If we have enough money we will sign Traylor.....but money makes it a question mark.
We have the money to sign Traylor and probably a few other FAs. We are in better shape cap wise then most teams.

You have to wonder just what plans Saban has for that surplus. Does he hope to pay it forward like the Eagles do, signing bench players to extensions with "likely to be earned" bonus money that gets refunded to the team? Does he hope to extend McMichael early after all? Is he keeping some of it open for a supplemental draft pick? Is he keeping some of it open because there was some sort of agreement as to what Ricky would get paid?

Drfletcherdc said:
Speculation that Timbo doesn't take care of himself. Bad backs happen for a reason. It is a shame because he always left it all on the field.

I'm sure he takes care of himself as much as he can besides his weight and getting hit and hitting on the line every game for 11 years....

Back
Top Bottom