Bowens storms out.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens storms out..

Nublar7 said:
Very very possible. I believe Carter played mostly at DT for the Titans last year. If we sign Traylor, we should be ok getting through this year.

DE - Vonnie Holliday - David Bowens
DT - Kevin Carter - Dario Romero
DT - Keith Traylor - Larry Chester or Jeff Zgonina
DE - Jason Taylor - Matt Roth
Nub do you think we keep Bowens, Zgonina, and Romero? I ask that for the reason will we look to further up garde that position with new faces after June 1st? Z is getting older, and I am not sure Romero can bring the kind of pressure that Nick is looking for.

I read a short while back that Bowens walked out of a workout session in frustration because he didn't feel his rehab was progressing well. I thought at the time he might be getting ready to chuck it all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he retired.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Nub do you think we keep Bowens, Zgonina, and Romero? I ask that for the reason will we look to further up garde that position with new faces after June 1st? Z is getting older, and I am not sure Romero can bring the kind of pressure that Nick is looking for.
I could definitley see us dumping Zgonina for a June 1st cut. Romero I think we might keep around, and Bowens would give us good depth at the DE position, otherwise Flemons would be the next best DE left.

Nublar7 said:
I could definitley see us dumping Zgonina for a June 1st cut. Romero I think we might keep around, and Bowens would give us good depth at the DE position, otherwise Flemons would be the next best DE left.
Any names being mentioned about as far as DT's, and DE's being let go after June 1st? What is the hold up on Traylor, or is Nick waiting to see who else becomes available?

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Any names being mentioned about as far as DT's, and DE's being let go after June 1st? What is the hold up on Traylor, or is Nick waiting to see who else becomes available?
Not signing Traylor yet is puzzling me. I really thought he would have been signed by now, but I still believe we will get him. As for June 1st cuts, I have no idea at this point. Names should start poping up this week as June 1st is very close.

PressCoverage said:
on a side note... wasn't Norman Hand a Jimmy draft pick? ... if i remember correctly, there were 3-4 decent second-day DTs picked by Jimmy that were let go prematurely who went on to start elsewhere... Hand was the biggest name i remember...

*edit*... oops... too late... already confirmed...
Hand was drafted in 95, the last Shula draft. JJ kept him around for one season, 1996, then he went on to become a good player for SD and NO.
Can't think of a lot of 2nd day DTs drafted by JJ who went on to to start elsewhere. Shane Burton, Barron Tanner, Lorenzo Bromell and Jermaine Haley are the only 2nd day DTs I can think of off the top of my head. Burton and Tanner did start for a while elsewhere. I think Tanner started at least one full season for AZ.

PhinDude88 said:
I wonder what Coach Quinn told him to make him run out?

Maybe he's just incredibly femine and Quin hurt his feelings?

Oh well, I have nothing against Big Timbo, he has been good all these years.
I doubt he'll be back. Where did he hear this anyway?

Gofish1331 said:
Thats my question. Does he have the size?:confused:

Carter is listed at 290, which is bigger than Zgonina was last year. I think Carter has played at more than 300.

brparkway said:
I read a short while back that Bowens walked out of a workout session in frustration because he didn't feel his rehab was progressing well. I thought at the time he might be getting ready to chuck it all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he retired.

I imagine it's the same incident.

Nublar7 said:
Not signing Traylor yet is puzzling me. I really thought he would have been signed by now, but I still believe we will get him. As for June 1st cuts, I have no idea at this point. Names should start poping up this week as June 1st is very close.

His agent probably sees the same thing we do about Chester/Bowens and is trying to squeeze a few bucks more.

If Tim Bowens is definately out for the year and can't even contribute 20-30% of the snaps this team is in trouble at DT even if Chester comes back healthy. Traylor at this point is only a 30-40% snaps guy.

Carter's going to be playing a LOT of DT at this rate. I hate to use up a pick next year but I think the team should lay down a 4th on that USC DT in the supplemental and hope another team doesn't go higher.

Can already see next years FA plan. Get a DT and one of our first day picks is going to be a DT.

phinian said:
dont really want bowens anyway.. this doesn't bother me.. i want him to retire and free up cap space for someone we can actually use.

My sentiments exactly, well said.

outtawack311 said:
Welcome back.

I think this means we need to go after Manuel Wright and Traylor like the others said. I dont know about signing traylor because of his age, but i like the idea of going after manuel (although his size tells me he is more of a Carter type of de/dt than a run stopper Timbo type).
Wright is not similar as for body type to either one. He is listed at 6'6" and 345 lbs. Even as tall as he is, he is flexible, able to get low, play with leverage, hold his ground and stall the double team block at the POA. That is really his best asset along with his quickness off the snap, which is what we need. He is still raw and inexperienced though, but he is a fine physical specimen with very good overall body strength.

Agua said:
I imagine it's the same incident.

If so this topic is old news, but the story I read didn't mention Quinn. It sounded like a strength or rehab session.

MrClean said:
Wright is not similar as for body type to either one. He is listed at 6'6" and 345 lbs. Even as tall as he is, he is flexible, able to get low, play with leverage, hold his ground and stall the double team block at the POA. That is really his best asset along with his quickness off the snap, which is what we need. He is still raw and inexperienced though, but he is a fine physical specimen with very good overall body strength.

I coulda sworn wright was listed around 295, more the kevin carter size. I might be wrong though.

edit: I looked it up, he is 6-6 / 290

Back
Top Bottom