Bowens storms out.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens storms out..

Yeah, this isn't that big a deal seeing how I wasn't expecting much out of TBo in the first place. I really want to get Traylor, which is what I think we'll do, and then go from there..

Welcome back Press Coverage...

I still dont understand why we havent brought in Albert Means for a look. He is the DT out of Memphis, he is 6'4 335lbs. Does anyone know if there are issues with him?

PressCoverage said:
heard Tim Bowens stormed out of team headquarters recently following harsh criticism from new position coach Dan Quinn... and that his and Chester's return are "up in the air." ...

thanks for your hard work the past 11 years, Tim... sheesh....

anyhow... waiver wire NTs, anyone?

That's it, this is going to make Bowens want to retire even more. We better start planning on getting a DT.

phinian said:
dont really want bowens anyway.. this doesn't bother me.. i want him to retire and free up cap space for someone we can actually use.

This is TIM BOWENS. The "Dan Marino" of D-lineman. He should be able to choose his route out.

Tim fuqqin "stop the run" Bowens. Dont forget that.

Although it pains me to see Bowens leave, he's just been hapered with injuries and we've been through the last 2 or 3 seasons without him...I honestly don;t think he would've made it through a full season this time around, he's a big dude and his injuries are getting to him....I think it may be time for Timbo to hang them up. :(

PressCoverage said:
heard Tim Bowens stormed out of team headquarters recently following harsh criticism from new position coach Dan Quinn... and that his and Chester's return are "up in the air." ...

thanks for your hard work the past 11 years, Tim... sheesh....

anyhow... waiver wire NTs, anyone?
Press...you are the man...just read the article from the Sentinel...everything you said..almost to the word...the only thing that could be added that it said another source said Bowens might have left out of frustration about the lack of progress with his back...glad to see that you are back!

outtawack311 said:
I coulda sworn wright was listed around 295, more the kevin carter size. I might be wrong though.

edit: I looked it up, he is 6-6 / 290
I guess we are looking at different sources.
At www.nfldraftscout.com they have him as 6'6" and 345 lbs at the top of his profile. Then when I scrolled toward the bottom, they listed him at 6046 and 319 lbs.
Guess we need a 3rd source. Here is what John Murphy said about him.
http://www.patsfans.com/stories/display_story.php?story_id=2735

"Has been as high as 365 pounds, according to his father, coming into his true freshman year, but lost a fair amount of weight before the start of that season, and played at around 325-335 pounds... has gotten into much better shape during the past three years... has good definition to his arms and upper body... still has a small gut in the middle, but not to the point where he does not look to be in about 90% of the shape he would want to be at this time of year... currently, he is right at or above 6-foot-6 (6060) and 315-320 pounds... will likely look to workout for teams around 300-310 pounds... was timed in the mid-to-late 4.8 range at a lower weight coming out of high school (before adding weight before arriving at USC)... #92 on game film... the NFL Supplemental Draft is set to occur on July 10th, so you can expect Wright's
"Pro Day" workout to happen sometime in mid-to-late June."

What it looks like to me regarding Wright's body weight is that USC lists him at 290 in his bio, when according to other sources including his father, he is actually somewhat heavier than that. He also seems to fluctuate in his weight a good deal. All the major media sources when they discuss Wright just use the weight listed by the school.
Regardless of his exact weight, his best asset at this point is anchoring against the inside run and taking on and nuetralizing double teams.

outtawack311 said:
I coulda sworn wright was listed around 295, more the kevin carter size. I might be wrong though.

edit: I looked it up, he is 6-6 / 290
This is the official weight, these are rarely correct, Pat Williams was listed at 310 and he is closer to 400.

In an article about him opting for the supplimental draft, his father said this:
Has been as high as 365 pounds, according to his father, coming into his true freshman year, but lost a fair amount of weight before the start of that season, and played at around 325-335 pounds... has gotten into much better shape during the past three years... has good definition to his arms and upper body... still has a small gut in the middle, but not to the point where he does not look to be in about 90% of the shape he would want to be at this time of year... currently, he is right at or above 6-foot-6 (6060) and 315-320 pounds... will likely look to workout for teams around 300-310 pounds... was timed in the mid-to-late 4.8 range at a lower weight coming out of high school (before adding weight before arriving at USC)... #92 on game film... the NFL Supplemental Draft is set to occur on July 10th, so you can expect Wright's
"Pro Day" workout to happen sometime in mid-to-late June.

JTaylor99 said:
Probably called him fat.

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing that would make me storm out of a meeting is if a coach told me I was a "fat has been", and I didn't fit in with the future of this team. one can assume this is what happened

Timbo is an all time Dolphin. If his time is up in a Phins uniform, I wish him all the best. Hes been an unung hero for us for years.

brparkway said:
If so this topic is old news, but the story I read didn't mention Quinn. It sounded like a strength or rehab session.

Yeah, looks like it's the same incident:

One source said Bowens became so angry at criticism from new defensive line coach Dan Quinn that he walked out of a meeting. Another source said Bowens left more out of frustration with his lack of progress in recuperating from a herniated disc than any beef with Quinn.

Sun-Sentinel

painnotpleasure said:
Thanks. I'll be looking forward to reading about Boston having a great workout. That's some good news! :D

I think he's allowed himself to get too heavy. That, coupled with his bad back is a bad combination and doesn't send a good message to the coaching staff about his commitment.

Back
Top Bottom