Boyer is not good | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer is not good

For those that have felt jealous about us old guys that lived and watched thru the Marino years... Well, you're living it right now...

For as great as Marino, Duper and Clayton was, there was no defense to go along with their greatness, which is why.... which is the only reason Dan never won a Super Bowl...
The offense would get a lead early in the game only to have the defense fold on every 3rd down and not be able to get off the field...

Marino and company would be forced to score again on the next possession, only to have the defense give up the lead... Over and Over... Game in and Game out... Just like today against the Bears...

The one time Marino has some what of a defense was the Killer Bees, which got destroy by Bill Walsh and the 49ers in the 84 Super Bowl..

I said it then, I'll say it again, we can be damn good, if we had a defense

The defense is statistically bottom half of the league. Every team has injuries. It’s a poor excuse for us since we’re not completely decimated. The talent is there on the roster to at least be average imo. The staff needs to figure it out fast if we’re going to make a SB run.
The team is not making a SB run. Every team does have injuries. However, not all have their 3 top CBs out or dealing with injuries all year (Byron Jones has been out all year to now, Needham is out the rest of the year, and X has had that nagging groin injury all year). Add onto that Brandon Jones out the rest of the year and they just don't have the talent in the secondary to win the conference.

Plus, Tua can't play in crunch time during the playoffs like he did today and win. Throwing the ball 2 yards short to a wide open receiver in the flat on 4th and 1 on the next to last drive and then his underthrow to Waddle, either would have iced the game.

The D is not as bad as Boyer is making them out to be. Ingold is good, Baker is okay but is often caught flat-footed and out of position, Phillips with good coaching would be elite, Wilkins is top notch, Ogbah has disappeared, CBs need to tighten up as qbs are more accurate now.

The team is not making a SB run. Every team does have injuries. However, not all have their 3 top CBs out or dealing with injuries all year (Byron Jones has been out all year to now, Needham is out the rest of the year, and X has had that nagging groin injury all year). Add onto that Brandon Jones out the rest of the year and they just don't have the talent in the secondary to win the conference.

Plus, Tua can't play in crunch time during the playoffs like he did today and win. Throwing the ball 2 yards short to a wide open receiver in the flat on 4th and 1 on the next to last drive and then his underthrow to Waddle, either would have iced the game.
josh allen threw a ball 2 yards short to a wide open receiver in the flat vs our shitty defense and lost...it happens dude, tua played great all game, i have less of an issue with the one to smythe than i do the one to waddle tho

The D is not as bad as Boyer is making them out to be. Ingold is good, Baker is okay but is often caught flat-footed and out of position, Phillips with good coaching would be elite, Wilkins is top notch, Ogbah has disappeared, CBs need to tighten up as qbs are more accurate now.
i would tend to agree with you about boyer but im finding it hard to place all the blame on him when he has keoin crossen and eric rowe out there (playing more snaps than iggy btw) and every player on the defense cant even do the most basic things

im not defending boyer AT ALL, he sucks but so do the players

Then we better start handing these out to fix our soft "D".

Attachments

• 20221106_155139969.jpeg
    20221106_155139969.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
Yeah no! Im sorry but this defense is severely underperforming its talent level....
I’m not arguing with you there
Too many other idiots here who think otherwise and that we’re fine

Our D is awful , Boyer’s game plan is awful .
We look lost out there every game .
Honestly he has to go next year . This is a terrible coached D . Thank god our Offense is balling this year or we would be dead last .
I hope we win this game as we should .
GET RID OF HIM NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

For those that have felt jealous about us old guys that lived and watched thru the Marino years... Well, you're living it right now...

For as great as Marino, Duper and Clayton was, there was no defense to go along with their greatness, which is why.... which is the only reason Dan never won a Super Bowl...
The offense would get a lead early in the game only to have the defense fold on every 3rd down and not be able to get off the field...

Marino and company would be forced to score again on the next possession, only to have the defense give up the lead... Over and Over... Game in and Game out... Just like today against the Bears...

The one time Marino has some what of a defense was the Killer Bees, which got destroy by Bill Walsh and the 49ers in the 84 Super Bowl..

I said it then, I'll say it again, we can be damn good, if we had a defense
I still have PTSD from watching those defenses back in the day.

😭😭😭

Yeah no! Im sorry but this defense is severely underperforming its talent level....
Absolutely it is. And when you continue to play scrubs like Jerome Baker 100% of snaps, you don’t get to disown his terrible performance.

Sieler, Wilkins, Ogbah, Chubb, Phillips, Ingram, and AVG are our seven best players in the front seven. Raekwon Davis is #8. At least 5 of them should be on the field every play. That would solve many of our problems.

There is no excuse for playing Jerome Baker 100% of snaps or Elandon Roberts 60% of snaps. If we’re going to play an ILB at all, which I suppose we have to, we should be playing only one and dividing snaps fairly equally between Baker, Riley, and Tindall. I never want to see Baker on the field at the same time as Roberts, Riley, or Tindall again.

In the secondary, we need to just play man and live with the results. X, Kohou, Holland, and Rowe are fine. We need to sign a nickel back if Byron Jones isn’t coming back soon. Crossen and Igbinoghene are liabilities.

No idea why we’re playing Elijah Campbell instead of signing McKinley to the 53. McKinley was one of our best defenders last week.

While I have not been impressed overall this season with him.... We had players in place to make plays and they just blew it on the field.

I think both players and coaching need to take a long look in the mirror this week.

Ok yes Boyer didnt have the best game play calling but I think too much is being made about this. Fields played a great game , we were getting there but he was flushing to one side and rolling up fields . We needed a better spy scheme for him. We also need to hold players accountable , its too easy to blame Boyer for this ****. Especially with all the injuries we have had.

Back
Top Bottom