Boyer is not good | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer is not good

I just get the impression that Mike McDaniel is so confident with the Offense that he believes we can outscore any team. Justin Fields has ridiculous athleticism. His speed looks amazing and he's only going to get better. I wouldn't be too hard on Boyer. Fields is going to cause sleepless nights for many DCs across the NFL.

I just get the impression that Mike McDaniel is so confident with the Offense that he believes we can outscore any team. Justin Fields has ridiculous athleticism. His speed looks amazing and he's only going to get better. I wouldn't be too hard on Boyer. Fields is going to cause sleepless nights for many DCs across the NFL.
Fields has athleticism and he can complete a pass when he sees it, but he's running a really simple offense that teams are just now getting tape on, will work on ways to stop, he'll have to adjust by making plays he hasn't yet shown the ability to do at the NFL level, and he'll also have to not wear himself down by taking hits that are shown to reduce QB effectiveness over time.

This game played out a little different than I thought. I knew the bears would present a challenge. They run it well and have a QB that can move. Thought the d would struggle and they did.

I think Fields is gonna get overblown right now. Put a limited offense that can only do a couple things right on tape a few times for the NFL and they'll figure out how to stop him. I don't think us or the Cowboys cared as much about shutting him down because we knew with the ability of our offenses against that weakened defense it was going to be hard for him to keep up without being able to pass from the pocket.

Just my impression but it seemed like we were getting burned mostly on man-coverages...why didn't we employ zone more consistently? Force Fields to beat you with his arm would've been the obvious strategy...rush 3, drop 8.

I do think with Brandon Jones and Byron Jones we would've been way more effective...cover 0 would've been a valid way to attack him, can't imagine him doing better against that than Lamar did (which was not well his first time).

Give Fangio a dump truck full of money to come here midseason
If he comes here it won’t be until after the season but I want him as the DC next year. I was hoping McDaniel would get him this past offseason.

Ok yes Boyer didnt have the best game play calling but I think too much is being made about this. Fields played a great game , we were getting there but he was flushing to one side and rolling up fields . We needed a better spy scheme for him. We also need to hold players accountable , its too easy to blame Boyer for this ****. Especially with all the injuries we have had.

I disagree ,we make all running QB’s look like Pro Bowler’s. Fields is one the most sacked QB in the NFL .
We were blitzing all day and he read pretty much everyone of them . I still believe Boyer is overrated and is not
Playing players correctly or giving them a winning chance and we are getting toasted game after game .
Something better give or we are for some tough loses against QB’s minus Cleveland that are coming up in the next few weeks .

Back
Top Bottom