Brandon Marshall EXPECTED to be traded after Mar 5th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall EXPECTED to be traded after Mar 5th

look out for the 49ers here they have two first round picks. my moneys with the 9ers.

2nd next year or 3rd and 6th this year and im downn

As has been mentioned, he's quite a young player for one that is well accomplished.

Giving up a draft pick is tough, but you know that this is someone who can contribute right away as he knows the pro game, routes, defenses etc.

Picking Dez Bryant at no12 does not guarantee us a instant, top, contributor. Look at Pat Turner, whom we spent a 3rd on and he had zero catches.

Nothing is guaranteed, but the percentage chance of Marshall performing from day one is way higher than it would be for Bryant and any other WR for that matter.

It was mentioned in another thread that ESPN insider was talking about Miami giving up a 2nd and Ted Ginn. I believe this is good value, very good value. What would make it incredibly good value was if this 2nd round pick was from the 2011 draft. Maybe throw in a 6th this year as a little extra sweetner. If Ginn stays around it will be as a limited role player.

In terms of his ego.. I think there's more of a control mechanism (especially if J-Peezy-Weezy buggers off) around this team and in particular within the WR corp.

Ultimately he has been throwing his toys out of his pram because he wants paid... well... I believe he deserves to be paid. Certainly one of the top 5, possibly 3 WR's in the league. Pay him, throw the ball to him as you would want to with a talent like this anyway.. and he'll be happy. Big strong armed Henne should be an attraction and you know what, his ego/confidence could be a good thing to rub off on this offense.

The Bears have no picks to be traded unless their all 2011 picks. 1st is already in Denver, 2nd went to TB and they have more holes to fill then your local roads.

But I'm sure that we could give T.Ginn and a 6th, lol!!!

Since when do trades end with draft picks only? Chicago has some talent they can give up, like an aging Urlacher plus a conditional future pick that turns into a 2nd for Marshall. That would solve Denver's need of LB and they can be okay passing on McClain and taking Bryant.

I don't know where he'll end up but we all know for sure he is not coming to Miami. Big Tuna rus the show and he hates diva WR's.

look out for the 49ers here they have two first round picks. my moneys with the 9ers.

I would take your money if I knew you with that bet.

Crabtree and Vernon are enough divas for Singletary to deal with already. They also have other holes that are much needed with the picks they have.

trust me... Miami wants a star WR.
Not saying it will happen, but they are most certainly looking into it.

I really don`t see how this is possible. What could the bears possibly give up for him??? They have no 1st or 2nd.

The only thing left in Chicago is their soul for a trade. Too bad they can't get a dollar value on that or they would surely send that away too. What numbskulls.

Ok there are pros and cons to everything..

You get a Wr who is young and talented..

But you also get his ego and you still have to give him big money..

Not to mention you have to make sure he fits what your all about..

Scheme and locker room wise..

I never like to give up for 1st round draft picks for players that were not 1st round drafts picks...

I would rather take Dez but I can wait for a stud WR...

Hartline and Co have been getting the job done..

No need to force anything..If they think Marshall is right for the team do it..

but not for the 12th pick in the draft

So (assuming we did not have Henne), you wouldn't trade our first for Drew Brees?

How anyone could NOT want Brandon Marshall on this team is beyond me.

All the talk about his character flaws and so on. Who the bleep cares? Let Sparano handle that, we're not the coaches. Botton line is this guy is a top 3 Wide Receiver in the league. He would make Henne's life MUCH easier. And he's make our team alot more explosive.

I'd give up no. 12 for him EASY.

He'd make our WR from bad/mediocre to GREAT just like that.

X: Brandon Marshall/Patrick Turner
Y: Brian Hartline/Greg Camarillio
Slot: Davone Bess/ Ted Ginn

Much better.

Im down to trade for him but your smoking something if you think were giving up the 12 pick for him. That 12 pick could be Dez Bryant, C.J. Spiller, Rolando McClain.

Not to mention why pay a premium price when you know they will have to sell for pennies on the dollar because of his fall out with the organization.

Back
Top Bottom