Brandon Marshall EXPECTED to be traded after Mar 5th | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall EXPECTED to be traded after Mar 5th

I would consider it if they take Joey Porter for Brandon Marshall straight up.

You wouldn't give up anything else in that trade CK? I think we need a WR like Marshall more than Denver needs Porter (unless they arn't sold on Ayers and/or they expect Dumerville to be gone).

I have one more question for you: I remember awhile back when the first Marshall to Miami speculation started that you said Marshall might be worth the risk to acquire (because a team can typically only get by so far with character, sooner or later they need superior talent). Do you still feel that way? I read lots of talk about "oh he's a prima donna' etc etc, and yet, he has talent that would INSTANTLY make our WR core legit and his baggage may make his value lower and thus easier for us to him. Has your opinion changed at all CK?

Welcome to Miami, Brandon....man I hope this happens. If coached properly the Diva can be contained....I want to win now and we need this guy. This team is on the rise...every little piece helps. I await the negative responses....

Kinda like Porter this year?:facepalm:

Look for the Pats to be a strong player in the Marshall sweepstakes.

Look for the Pats to be a strong player in the Marshall sweepstakes.

I would be pissed if they got him. I see them, along with the following teams, being strong players for Marshall:

Seattle (Have two 1st round picks)
Baltimore
Miami
Tampa Bay
Chicago (Not sure they have much left to trade)

I think JP and a 2011 2nd would be nice? As much as I hate Ginn I still have that part of me that wants to see him on the field with a true #1.

I agree with an earlier post that Marshall might be headed to NE. Belicheat has multiple 2nd rd picks. The going rate for WR's is not that high. Braylon for a 3rd and 5th. Moss for a 4th. Giving up a low 2nd would be a realistic offer IMO. He is a restricted FA so he will need a new contract and that will be big but at least you would control him for 1 more year.

I could see NE getting him with Moss for another year or so. Welker may not come back by the start of the season and when he does how healthy will he be? They would have a replacement for Moss. BB is overturning his whole team with youth so I wouldn't be surprised to see Marshall become the new #1 target.

I think Marshall can dominate a game so I would love for Miami to get him. You won't get better than that for a 2nd rd pick! Guy is lights out at times!

I would be pissed if they got him. I see them, along with the following teams, being strong players for Marshall:

Seattle (Have two 1st round picks)
Baltimore
Miami
Tampa Bay
Chicago (Not sure they have much left to trade)

If Berry falls to 6, I can see Seattle taking him there and Mays at #14. If not, perhaps they Broncos and Seahawks do a deal for one of those picks.

Chicago has nothing to offer.

Miami won't surrender draft picks.

i mean his whole attitude stems from wanting to get paid right?

I saw someone on another site that was about the Marshall for Ginn & a 2nd rumor say this about Brandon Marshall...

Put yourself in this situation:

Let's say you work for Coca-Cola, and you hate your bosses. They don't get you, and even though you have worked hard enough and been productive enough to get 2 raises and a slew of promotions for a couple of years, you're still getting entry level pay. Wouldn't that make you angry and make you want to quit?

And let's say you get hired on at Pepsi, they treat you better, they get you, and you're getting paid a more reasonable amount. Still mad? I think not.

i guess it kinda makes sense, but he does have alot of off-field issues as well...

You know, I heard a lot of this same type of stuff on the Danny Heatly trade to San Jose Sharks. They seem like the same type of personality, and play style. Theyre both beasts in their respective sports. I think this would be a huge influx of talent at a position that we NEED it at. As you can see, if you watch hockey, Heaters been an AWESOME addition for the sharks, and has caused NO problems, when everyone said hed become a distraction. Hes come in and put up the numbers where it matters, and has been dependable. I believe that Marshal would be the same thing for the Phins. I think we want him and should do what it takes to get him.:logic::df81:

You know, I heard a lot of this same type of stuff on the Danny Heatly trade to San Jose Sharks. They seem like the same type of personality, and play style. Theyre both beasts in their respective sports. I think this would be a huge influx of talent at a position that we NEED it at. As you can see, if you watch hockey, Heaters been an AWESOME addition for the sharks, and has caused NO problems, when everyone said hed become a distraction. Hes come in and put up the numbers where it matters, and has been dependable. I believe that Marshal would be the same thing for the Phins. I think we want him and should do what it takes to get him.:logic::df81:

Didn't the distraction concerns with Heatley evolve around the fatal accident he was involved in?

Possibly, but in all honestly, I dont pay attention to what people do when theyre not playing the sport. imo, its not my business, and not important. It very well could have been, but I do know that a lot of it had to do with the fact that he was very unhappy playing for a team that had not a snowballs chance in hell at reaching the playoffs.

As much as a beast as Marshall is, the guy is too damned combustible. A player like that can truly wreck a lockerroom.

Only if you have a weak minded coach that cant control the player. I know that Tony wont deal with that prima donna bull****.Yes, they let Porter do his thing, but as you saw, when he didnt back it up, or went to far, his *** was ridin the pine.

Back
Top Bottom