Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB

I am not a talent evaluator, and I won't pretend to be. I just know what I see, which sometimes I am right about a guy, and sometimes not.
Before the draft I watched some youtube breakdowns by Greg Cosell, who I think is really good. The first thing he said about Tua is that he is a system QB. The second thing he said about Tua is that being a system QB is not a bad thing. He said almost every QB is a system QB. He said very few (Marino, Manning, Elway) transcend systems. Then he broke down Tua's playmaking ability. Cosell had high praise for Tua, but was very careful to explain what he meant by system QB, and very emphatic that the title/label of system QB should not be taken as a slight, bust, derogatory, or any other such negative.
I do recommend if you have time searching Cosell's 2020 QB prospect breakdown, because he does Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love, and it's very interesting for those of us with lots to learn.

So defensive when you perceive others to be defensive. Also presumptive that others haven’t watched the video despite many of those people actually commenting or taking issue with what he said in the video. And on social media.

In other words, not well informed on your part. Pot meet kettle, huh?

Lastly, try not distorting things. Someone taking issue with some of his comments doesn’t mean they aren’t aware of other things he said or that he was also complimentary.

You‘re just full of assumptions and are jumping to conclusions. And sounding just as defensive and sensitive as those you’re mocking.

Are you Kollmann in disguise?? Or his mom?? Sure sounds like it.

Some of your hypotheses on fellow posters lately, is tiresome.

Not sure what’s wrong with that take. Seems to stress the arm limitation a little more than I think is warranted considering rpo and west coast concepts.

I hope tua hasn’t lost anything off his maneuverability in the pocket. Foot work from what I’ve seen looks to be tbere but needs to carry over the twitch

IMO, there's nothing wrong with a "system" QB. I anticipate Gailey finding TT's strengths and designing a "system" around him just as BB designed a system around TB. Get the right system and right QB and good things will happen.

I've heard morons say the same thing about Joe Montana and Tom Brady. It's funny, though...if you stuck Koy Detmer or John Beck into that "system", why aren't they going into the hall of fame???
Brady is the very definition of system QB. Anyone who doesn't see that simply hasn't really followed his career objectively. It doesn't mean he wasn't a great QB, either. FWIW, that same system was able to make Jimmy G and Matt Cassel look way better than they are too.

If he means he is very good at running any system you put in front of him, I agree...

Have u tried the Impossible Whopper yet? It’s pretty good.
The burger that is not made of meat but has more fat than meat, more calories than meat and is designed for fruitcakes who have problems eating meat but want veggies shaped like meat then chemicals added to it so it can taste like the meat they don't want to eat? No.

I am not a talent evaluator, and I won't pretend to be. I just know what I see, which sometimes I am right about a guy, and sometimes not.
Before the draft I watched some youtube breakdowns by Greg Cosell, who I think is really good. The first thing he said about Tua is that he is a system QB. The second thing he said about Tua is that being a system QB is not a bad thing. He said almost every QB is a system QB. He said very few (Marino, Manning, Elway) transcend systems. Then he broke down Tua's playmaking ability. Cosell had high praise for Tua, but was very careful to explain what he meant by system QB, and very emphatic that the title/label of system QB should not be taken as a slight, bust, derogatory, or any other such negative.
I do recommend if you have time searching Cosell's 2020 QB prospect breakdown, because he does Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love, and it's very interesting for those of us with lots to learn.

I listened to his breakdown on Tua. I found it interesting that he said that Tua is not athletic and has issues climbing the pocket when he doesn't need to.

System QB is just a term. Like some said, let's develop a similar system and let him excel in it.

always thought the kid has a somewhat "weak" arm -- can't argue that.
No doubt he needs the right "system" and certainly a complimentary cast.
But that's pretty standard issue across the board. I find it interesting he
sees a "perfect match" between Tua and Gailey.

To me a system QB is every air raid QB before Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech, Baker Mayfield too (maybe??).

Based upon what i've seen the last couple of years, he's far from a system QB. Additionally, lets not forget what Alabama QBs were expected to do prior to Tua.

Tua changed Saban's expectations out of a QB. He changed the system at Alabama, not the other way around.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The reality is that every QB works best in a system which best suits his skill set. It is up to the coaching staff to establish an offense that best fits what Tua does best.

Shula was a run first coach his entire career until Marino arrived. Shula quickly realized that the offense would be more productive by going to a passing oriented offense and this allowed Marino to perform in an offense which best suited his skill set.

Joe Montana was supposedly a "System" QB too......I am okay with that. Put him in the right "system".

Brady is the very definition of system QB. Anyone who doesn't see that simply hasn't really followed his career objectively. It doesn't mean he wasn't a great QB, either. FWIW, that same system was able to make Jimmy G and Matt Cassel look way better than they are too.

I think you're going by what the term originally meant. Today's definition of a "system quarterback" is generally accepted as a player that is not very talented, but plays in an offense that accentuates what strengths he has. That is not very complimentary.

Back
Top Bottom