Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

I've said elsewhere, I'm certain X's agents has received feelers from other teams. He should have an idea what 'the market' is, both in # of teams and $ amount. Wouldn't surprise me Grier has received feelers from teams on what Miami expects in return. It seems reasonable no team has made an offer acceptable to X and Miami. I only see three outcomes
1) X plays in Miami
2) Miami takes a haircut to get rid of him.
3) A deal is reached.
I doubt #2
I doubt #3

lol, Did not say there was any truth to it, figured it was put out on a national show so worth mentioning is all.
I have no idea how good or bad his sources are.
My quick take... someone in the Arizona room planted this story to pump Jones' value.

If we actually made this offer, I'd call it the worst of Grier's tenure.

Those decisions are not up to the player. The players are the property of the team. Team calls the shots. He may have pitched a fit for all we know. It wouldn’t matter. They weren’t risking their $72mm investment.
You're correct.

But I will say, if he did object he apparently wasn't as passionate about it as he is about wanting traded. Or did he just now sign up for social media? :)

Funny how "sit this one out (while getting paid)" doesn't play as loudly as "I want more money" in the player's mind.

You're correct.

But I will say, if he did object he apparently wasn't as passionate about it as he is about wanting traded. Or did he just now sign up for social media? :)

Funny how "sit this one out (while getting paid)" doesn't play as loudly as "I want more money" in the player's mind.
Granted they are two different things. Perhaps he was still being a team player when they said sit this one out and heal vs now where he’s **** all over them.

NFL needs a team in Bangladesh for these situations. "We granted that trade for you bud, pack your things, monsoon season is coming!". "Contract? Oh yeah we discussed that with the GM, something about 3 fatted calves in the restructure - enjoy!"

Flores being positive and expressing open mindedness is smart at multiple levels. Either he loves X and the willingness to have dialogue is sincere or, if he gets dealt, the Dolphins are trying to build up value by not sounding desperate.

If offers are along the lines of a second and an average player, no way would I deal him.

My prediction is they work something out with X.

One side benefit here. The microscope on X distracts the shiny-object-media from over-analyzing Tua’s every toss.
You think the FO and Flores hard ball is with purpose...? Pure speculation but could they have some deal already written up/agreed to as they know what X wants, and make "disgruntled" X the story of early camp to relieve focus on Tua, and announce deal before pre season games begin...that would be hilarious and ingenious...

Granted they are two different things. Perhaps he was still being a team player when they said sit this one out and heal vs now where he’s **** all over them.
This will be over shortly.

Anyone thinking we cave to X have not watched Rodgers' PC after getting the Packers to cave. His "here is how we got here; they are idiots and I am the alpha/omega" debriefing is a tutorial in how to NOT allow a player to hold your franchise hostage and spank your arse on national TV even after you give him most of his demands. The Pack was just taken to the shed in front of everyone. In absolute irony, he did it at a PC held at the Packer facility. The only thing missing was the GM running to the microphone to stop the PC!

Grier will posture to drive up the price, as undoubtedly the first offers are low ball, and then unload him and his salary for draft picks and additional cap space to extend a few more players. MG might be the biggest beneficiary of all this. But I digress, MG may not be in the long term plans.

After going public like that I don't see how you come back from that

The NFL can be critiqued for a lot of things, and one of them is player contracts. They are not guaranteed, and supposably some former players have said that teams have gone out of their way to pay incentives. Imagine you need 5 yards in the last game of the season to get a huge incentive. Teams have been known to do shady things like sitting out players to avoid paying incentives.

The NFL can be critiqued for a lot of things, and one of them is player contracts. They are not guaranteed, and supposably some former players have said that teams have gone out of their way to pay incentives. Imagine you need 5 yards in the last game of the season to get a huge incentive. Teams have been known to do shady things like sitting out players to avoid paying incentives.
I remember Mike Golic talking about that on Mike and Mike years ago on the radio. He needed one or two more tackles for an incentive and they inexplicably sat him out the rest of the game or something. He didn’t accuse but he insinuated.

Anyone thinking we cave to X have not watched Rodgers' PC after getting the Packers to cave. His "here is how we got here; they are idiots and I am the alpha/omega" debriefing is a tutorial in how to NOT allow a player to hold your franchise hostage and spank your arse on national TV even after you give him most of his demands. The Pack was just taken to the shed in front of everyone. In absolute irony, he did it at a PC held at the Packer facility. The only thing missing was the GM running to the microphone to stop the PC!

Grier will posture to drive up the price, as undoubtedly the first offers are low ball, and then unload him and his salary for draft picks and additional cap space to extend a few more players. MG might be the biggest beneficiary of all this. But I digress, MG may not be in the long term plans.
I have to watch it. Rodgers is annoying.

just add a $200,000 incentive per interception this year!

if he repeats last year, he can make an extra $2,000,000 buckaroos!

bingo bango bongo!!
Not what he wants, he wants guaranteed big money so when he something stupid or gets lazy or the knees gives out we have to keep paying him.

Not interested...

Rodgers actually said players don't come to GB for vacation they come to play with ME.

He's a real piece of work.

Back
Top Bottom