Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

And did he say "NO, I want to be on the field producing for my team"?
Those decisions are not up to the player. The players are the property of the team. Team calls the shots. He may have pitched a fit for all we know. It wouldn’t matter. They weren’t risking their $72mm investment.

I think people who think Fins can just keep Howard all year status quo are quite optimistic... Do you really want a player who's only there so he doesnt get fined playing a major role on your team? And having that type of contract sitting on the bench is far from optimal so thats not an option... Well it is but it doesnt benefit the Fins in any way shape or form.

Nevermind what they could've done to avoid this, they're faced with 2 options right now, pay him or trade him. The Fins gain absolutely nothing forcing a player to play for them, Howard doesnt have any leverage but at the same time, Fins should not want him on the team as they simply cant trust him anymore on gameday. Just cut the cord now, take what you can and send him and the circus to another team.

I think people who think Fins can just keep Howard all year status quo are quite optimistic... Do you really want a player who's only there so he doesnt get fined playing a major role on your team? And having that type of contract sitting on the bench is far from optimal so thats not an option... Well it is but it doesnt benefit the Fins in any way shape or form.

Nevermind what they could've done to avoid this, they're faced with 2 options right now, pay him or trade him. The Fins gain absolutely nothing forcing a player to play for them, Howard doesnt have any leverage but at the same time, Fins should not want him on the team as they simply cant trust him anymore on gameday. Just cut the cord now, take what you can and send him and the circus to another team.
I'm not sure about X. I think this may have force the trade. But a very very similar situation looks to play out in GB.

I get what you mean, but if X is out there playing, and not up to his usual standards, just dogging it, teams would see that and it would hurt his future value going forward imo

Thing is I dont see the Fins caving to Howard, I like X but he's not Aaron Rodgers...
I agree. I think X gets traded. But we are going to kinda see how it works out. Have you seen Rodgers latest presser?

As part of any package the Phins might offer X... the best offer would be to guarantee next year's money. One extra year.

I may be wrong but I only see this ending with X being traded. Rapsheet already reporting there's multiple teams inquiring about Howard. Watch out for the Cardinals, they're a team that needs a corner and need to win this year or there's going to be big questions asked of the HC and GM next year.

I get what you mean, but if X is out there playing, and not up to his usual standards, just dogging it, teams would see that and it would hurt his future value going forward imo
Not saying he'd be dogging it, but he'll be out there for a paycheck and probably go Reshad Jones style going for individual stats vs strategy... In other words, there's absolutely no way you're getting a team player in X this season if you force him to play in Miami.

If they guaranteed more of the money in this contract, would it all go to this year? right now 2021 cap is pretty tight.

Pat McAfee tweeted from his show account that allegedly Dolphins went to Arz and offered X for Chandler Jones
and Arz said no. Have not seen that anywhere else , so take it for what it is.

Flo said the right things, why make it worse ? After X dumped on the organization and his DB partner, hard to see
how he stays.

Not saying he'd be dogging it, but he'll be out there for a paycheck and probably go Reshad Jones style going for individual stats vs strategy... In other words, there's absolutely no way you're getting a team player in X this season if you force him to play in Miami.
Right. So your options of pay him / work something out or trade really are the best options. Even though I’d love to force him to play.

If they guaranteed more of the money in this contract, would it all go to this year? right now 2021 cap is pretty tight.

Pat McAfee tweeted from his show account that allegedly Dolphins went to Arz and offered X for Chandler Jones

Flo said the right things, why make it worse ? After X dumped on the organization and his DB partner, hard to see
how he stays.
Jones getting up there in years.

how he stays.
NO WAY they offered X for an old DE. That's some good stuff there... pass that thing over here.

Back
Top Bottom