Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

Think the guys shot to be honest. Some decent backs to be had in rounds 2 and 3 of the draft. We may need an experienced back too but it’s not Gurley.

Seems like we would have an out in 2022 with a 4.2 million cap hit. Between 2021 and 2022 he would cost us 17.4 million. For 17 million/2 years I'd think we could get a serviceable player, like a guard.

Question is, could we draft a better guard with the Rams second/third round pick and come out ahead in the long run?

I'd consider it for their 2nd in 2020. Probably a hard yes for their 2021 1st.

Foles will be harder to get rid of.

Anybody still believe Gurley is a better RB than Zeke Elliott? I never bought into that from day 1 and feel more confident about it today.

I still believe Zeke is more durable and will play at a high level for longer.

Hard pass on Gurley.

However, I'm all in for signing Derrick Henry and OL via FA and using the draft for Tua and defense.

I loved him coming out of college but with his knee issue and his contract there is no way the Dolphins should be using draft picks or cash to trade for him.

The ONLY reason I would entertain this is with a Rams 2nd round pick this year OR a 3rd this year AND next year … (with the cap space we have and the new agreement on the horizon I would use the money if not needed elsewhere)

otherwise pound sand

We still draft a RB between 1c and 2b .... Gurley wouldn't have to carry the same load as in the past and could be a wildcard type contributor if used that way ...IMO

Contract is one of the more atrocious ones in the game, I'm a UGA guy but his knees are already starting to trail off his effectiveness. Of course the Rams want to off load his **** contract and bad health, they are in a bad cap spot but doubt anyone wants to take it all on.
Every second contract to a running back is atrocious. Tennessee is about to make the same mistake with Derrick Henry. Dallas made the same mistake with Elliot.

Back
Top Bottom